dating a guy who is younger than the girl?

natashalove

My sister is 24 (July, 1991) and she likes a boy who is younger than her (Jan, 1993). She looks younger than the guy though. He is taller and looks older than her.

Is this good, in terms of relationships/dating?

There's literally NOTHING that can be said about their potential relationship based on that information. So he's a couple years younger, yet we know nothing about their compatibility, maturity, goals and values. It's not good nor is it bad in and of itself. I was in a happy, compatible LTR with a guy two years younger than me, I barely noticed. I suggest you let them figure out if they're compatible or not for themselves.

• Like 1

My husband is 5 years younger than I (Married 4 years, together 11).

My grandmother was 11 years OLDER than my grandfather. They had 8 kids and lasted 61 years.

Sorry, what was your question again....?

I don't know why if it's ok for a guy to be 2 - 5 years older than a woman, why suddenly it's so weird or bizarre to find a woman that same degree older than the man?

Why is this so significant?

Why does it suddenly matter, or become relevant?

Seriously, I'm asking...

Because I think it's a load of hogwash, myself.

The OP is probably the same age as the guy and has boyfriend envy and thinks the sister should find someone her own age and stop dipping into her dating pool.

2 to three years, plus or minus is considered the same age. 22 and 24. Right? She is not dating 'a younger man'.

Now, if the guy was barely legal and she was 24, I might have a problem with it. Same as I would if the girl was barely legal and the guy was 24.