If you just started seeing someone, and you found out...

nadine5

OK. Just wondering here.

Let's say you're a white girl. And you just started hanging out with a white guy.

And let's say you go snooping around online to try to get more info. And you find his old online dating profile.

And his online dating profile says he's looking for black girls, and he is mostly attracted to black girls.

Would you move on? Would you question him about it? Would you NEXT him?

Just curious.

jam.over.jelly

Everybody has a preference. He is attracted mainly to black girls doesn't mean he's ONLY attracted to black girls. Obviously he finds you attractive and is hanging out with you. I don't see a problem here.

• Like 1

If it were me, I would tell him I saw the profile (researching someone is not snooping, IMO) and ask him point blank. What do you have to lose?

I'm not quite sure why it would matter? Does it bother you for some reason or just wondering why he's dating you b/c you're white?

Good luck bringing that topic up. "Hey, I found your old profile and you only like black girls?"

• Like 2
  • Author
I'm not quite sure why it would matter? Does it bother you for some reason or just wondering why he's dating you b/c you're white?

Good luck bringing that topic up. "Hey, I found your old profile and you only like black girls?"

I'm honestly wondering why he's dating me if he likes black girls so much. I am the furthest thing from a black girl...blonde hair green eyes pale skin. It makes me a little nervous to be honest. And also after looking at his Facebook I've discovered that he has ONLY dated black girls from what I can see.

OK. Just wondering here.

Let's say you're a white girl. And you just started hanging out with a white guy.

And let's say you go snooping around online to try to get more info. And you find his old online dating profile.

And his online dating profile says he's looking for black girls, and he is mostly attracted to black girls.

Just curious.

Yes I would move on.

He is probably trying to test if he can get attracted again toward a white woman. I would not offer myself as the dummy-tester.

• Like 4

Stop it.

You only did this to yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes I would move on.

He is probably trying to test if he can get attracted again toward a white woman. I would not offer myself as the dummy-tester.

Thanks for the honest response. A big part of me agrees with you. He did have a white girlfriend in high school but I think that was it.

• Author
If it were me, I would tell him I saw the profile (researching someone is not snooping, IMO) and ask him point blank. What do you have to lose?

I think I'm going to, before I completely cut him off.

I'm honestly wondering why he's dating me if he likes black girls so much. I am the furthest thing from a black girl...blonde hair green eyes pale skin. It makes me a little nervous to be honest. And also after looking at his Facebook I've discovered that he has ONLY dated black girls from what I can see.

When a man goes to the extent of putting in his profile he prefers black women it's because that's really his preference.

Many reasons why he contacted you. As a white woman dating black men I can confirm to you that I get a lot of pressure from friends and family to date white men and sometimes I listen to them and I seek a date with a white man. Does it work? no. It's a waste of time for me and for that poor white man.

• Like 1
  • Author
When a man goes to the extent of putting in his profile he prefers black women it's because that's really his preference.

Many reasons why he contacted you. As a white woman dating black men I can confirm to you that I get a lot of pressure from friends and family to date white men and sometimes I listen to them and I seek a date with a white man. Does it work? no. It's a waste of time for me and for that poor white man.

That could definitely be it. Not to mention that I come from a pretty famous/affluent family in my area and it might be nice for him to tell people that he's dating a (My Last Name).

• Like 1

People fall in love for various reasons, but personally it would bother me to know I was not his type. Just because I would feel like he would always be more attracted/tempted to start something up with someone he was naturally drawn to. Like I've dated guys who like tall girls (I'm average height) or redheads (I'm blonde) and always left feeling a little insecure as a result. It doesn't mean they didn't like me or find me attractive, but they'd always drool over someone who was nothing like me and that did bother me. Anyway, I would find a way to bring it up to see if it's really an issue or not and then decide. Maybe just by bringing up what your physical type is and asking him about his if you don't want to mention the online profile. If you don't bring it up then you will assume the worst and it WILL bother you, I guarantee it.

• Like 2

hmm this is kind of interesting. I always thought guys have types but generally speaking think most women are beautiful and kind of take what they can get.

This isn't something I would worry about though. I would think if he was with me he must be attracted to me. Also....do not snoop.

• Like 1

It depends on what dating site.

If I set up a profile on a dating site targeting mostly black men snd women I would say something about preferring black women yo show I was serious about the site.

How old is his dating profile? Are you sure he wasn't going through a phase? I'm not selective about race at all now, but I went through an Asian phase when I was younger.

So strange! I've never worried about a BF's past relationships, dates, or preferences. If he's pursuing me, dating me, and in a relationship with me, obviously I'm his type. :bunny:

• Like 4

Yea, what does the race (which is a social construct by the way) have to do with it. The question, if I were you, is why is he still on a dating site period (if you guys are exclusive). I'm more attracted to latinas but I've seen BEAUTIFUL women of all ethnicities. People are people, if he's with you he chose you to spend his time with. Don't burn down the house to save on the heating bill...c'mon.

OK. Just wondering here.

Just curious.

Hey...I like shorter girls but the girl I am seeing now is about 5 inches shorter than me and about 2 inches less with heels. That doesn't mean to say that I don't find my gf attractive.

I like Italian and Spanish women, they just look sexy but I still date other women ;)

I had an online profile many years ago that was targeted towards a specific area of the world. I do find guys from there incredibly attractive, Their look is the complete opposite of my current BF. In fact I have dated a lot of guys with that origin and it never worked out. My friends always mention one of these guys and I have to get them to narrow it down because I dated so many. :bunny:

While I do find them attractive I also find my BF attractive. I hope he wouldn't come across my profile that I can't even remember how to log into and assume I wanted to date a guy from this area of the world. I had an ex bf who always thought he wasn't good enough because he knew I had a fascination with this area. The thing is there are a number of values in that area that many of the guys have that aren't compatible with mine so even though I find them attractive I am very cautious of the idea of dating a guy from that area again if BF and I don't work out.

As long as he really truly seems into you through actions and his body language I would keep seeing him if you like him.

Edited by Miss Peach
Stage5Clinger

Am I a black or white girl in this scenario?

I wouldn't worry about it. I am black and sometimes black guys who only date white girls are interested in me. ;)

Basically see what happens. He may have a preference, I certainly do, but chemistry is chemistry.

TunaInTheBrine
OK. Just wondering here.

Just curious.

No.

I'm a guy, but if I see a woman who is mostly attracted to other women, men who are ridiculously taller than I am, etc... it doesn't take away from the fact that she is attracted to ME :) Other people are irrelevant in the equation.