3rd date - Paying for tickets.

Xiomn

1st date was cafe in the middle of a big beautiful park then walking around the park getting to know each other throughout the whole time. I paid for her drink at the cafe.

2nd date was a trip to the zoo, I paid for the tickets for both of us which came to around £36. Offered to buy her food at one of the food outlets when we were there but she said she didn't want anything. Later on in the date asked her if she was hungry and she said yes so we went to get some food but she got her own purse out before I could say anything so I just went along and let her pay for it.

3rd date I haven't asked her yet but was thinking of another fun day out kind of date to a waterpark. Tickets will cost about £32 (for both of us, so £16 each) though, do I pay for tickets for both of us like I did with the zoo tickets on the previous date or should I try and bring up the suggestion that she pay for her own ticket? I'm a university student so not exactly someone with the capability of being able to throw money around easily.

Edited by Xiomn
1st date was cafe in the middle of a big beautiful park then walking around the park getting to know each other throughout the whole time. I paid for her drink at the cafe.

2nd date was a trip to the zoo, I paid for the tickets for both of us which came to around £36. Offered to buy her food at one of the food outlets when we were there but she said she didn't want anything. Later on in the date asked her if she was hungry and she said yes so we went to get some food but she got her own purse out before I could say anything so I just went along and let her pay for it.

3rd date I haven't asked her yet but was thinking of another fun day out kind of date to a waterpark. Tickets will cost about £32 (for both of us, so £16 each) though, do I pay for tickets for both of us or should I try and bring up the suggestion that she pay for her own ticket? I'm a university student so not exactly someone with the capability of being able to throw money around easily.

If you invite - then you pay.

If you intend to date then be prepared to take her places. If it's too expensive for you then think of outings that cost less.

• Like 6
  • Author

Makes sense, especially since it's somewhere specific that requires tickets. Cheers. £32 Ain't that much at all anyway what am I thinking :lmao: I just love saving money is all. I guess it all adds up though. Can't be arsed dealing with boring (yet cheap) dates eating out some place all the time.

Edited by Xiomn
  • Author
haha you sound a real cheapo doing a lot of money calculations..

Money calculations seems like a smart course of action to me, isn't that what everyone does in life otherwise we would all be in debt and living beyond our means? Put two people together one who plans his costs and outgoing expenses and one who spends money without a care in the world, which one has a problem?

Edited by Xiomn

If you invite somebody on a date you need to expect to pay. If you can't afford to treat the other person plan cheaper dates & save the expensive ones for a special occasion.

• Like 3
  • Author
If you invite somebody on a date you need to expect to pay. If you can't afford to treat the other person plan cheaper dates & save the expensive ones for a special occasion.

True, I have concluded that I agree with this statement, I don't even know why I asked this in the first place, I guess it was because throughout the two dates so far I keep offering to buy her food (even when she hasn't eaten at all during the day yet) and she says she doesn't want anything, saying along the lines of "no it's fine" and I'll return a reply and say "are you sure, I don't mind paying" and she'll just repeat "no it's fine" or something. Then the one time she did want food she got her purse out herself so I began to question whether I should continue paying for everything. But yes, I think paying for the tickets in the first instance is the right solution since i'm the one inviting and if she wishes to purchase her own food throughout the date then let it be because she never seems to want me to pay for her food/drink.

Edited by Xiomn
3rd date I haven't asked her yet but was thinking of another fun day out kind of date to a waterpark. Tickets will cost about £32 (for both of us, so £16 each) though, do I pay for tickets for both of us like I did with the zoo tickets on the previous date or should I try and bring up the suggestion that she pay for her own ticket? I'm a university student so not exactly someone with the capability of being able to throw money around easily.

The one thing you're overlooking here is that the water park is YOU'RE IDEA. I mean it seems funny to me that you're saying you can't afford to throw money around, when you're the one planning the date in the first place..LOL If you don't want to spend that much money, you simply pick activities that are less expensive.

I've always found it funny when women use this statement. It's convenient considering that guys do the majority of the planning/inviting. :D

• Like 2
  • Author
The one thing you're overlooking here is that the water park is YOU'RE IDEA. I mean it seems funny to me that you're saying you can't afford to throw money around, when you're the one planning the date in the first place..LOL If you don't want to spend that much money, you simply pick activities that are less expensive.

I've always found it funny when women use this statement. It's convenient considering that guys do the majority of the planning/inviting. :D

Nah, I'm just lying to myself to be honest with you, I have plenty of money to afford these dates, I'm just being really selfish because I like to save money and don't like spending it all that often but might as well, not got anything else to spend it on besides food and drink. Jesus, I sound like a really bad guy right now.

jam.over.jelly

Boy, such a turn off! I once had a first date with a guy who asked me to tip. I mean the bill was $56, and i left a $20 cuz I thought the service was spectacular. Hell, I could even pay the whole bill, but just the fact that it was first date, and he asked me to tip turned me off big time. Whatever it is, do NOT let the girl have the impression you're being cheap. Me personally I could care less if the guy has money to take me out, he could even just take me for a hike that doesn't cost anything rather than ask me to pay for my own ticket.

Edited by jam.over.jelly
  • Like 4

At some point she does need to step up & offer to pay but if she doesn't you need to determine if you want to keep dating a woman who looks at you like an ATM

• Like 2
  • Author
Boy, such a turn off! I once had a first date with a guy who asked me to tip. I mean the bill was $56, and i left a $20 cuz I thought the service was spectacular. Hell, I could even pay the whole bill, but just the fact that it was first date, and he asked me to tip turned me off big time. Whatever it is, do NOT let the girl have the impression you're being cheap. Me personally I could care less if the guy has money to take me out, he could even just take me for a hike that doesn't cost anything rather than ask me to pay for my own ticket.

Yeah, I definitely don't want to come across as being cheap. Dunno what I was thinking, haha. I'll just pay for it all myself.

• Like 2

If you are worried about the cost of the date already, go somewhere cheaper. How about an art gallery opening (usually free) and they typically have snacks too! Then you can go out for a meal, drink or snack after.

First bold, you paid for her drink, big whoop.

Second bold, you paid for the tickets, SHE paid for the food. Even split.

Now you're quibbling wondering if you should pay for your third date?

Seriously?

• Author
First bold, you paid for her drink, big whoop.

Second bold, you paid for the tickets, SHE paid for the food. Even split.

Now you're quibbling wondering if you should pay for your third date?

Seriously?

No. I'm paying for it.

At some point she does need to step up & offer to pay but if she doesn't you need to determine if you want to keep dating a woman who looks at you like an ATM

She did.

She paid for the food on their second date.... :)

• Author
Fabulous!...........

Depends what you mean by even split, I paid for my own food obviously, so she didn't pay for both our food. She paid for hers, a grand total of £3 compared to my spending of £36 on tickets for both of us. Not to be misinterpreted as me not being grateful for her paying her own food. So technically it wasn't even.

But who cares anyway. I'm paying. Good........................................................................

Edited by Xiomn