My GF is on the verge of proposing!!!

BruceJender

My GF and I have been together for the last 3 years; 4 years in November.

We met at school as friends, but feelings evolved and we dated for the last 3 months. We ended up in different Universities, but they're only 20 miles apart, so it was fine. We're both in our final years too.

Anyway, last night I met up with my closest female friend (Kimmy). She's been having a lot of trouble with her hubbie lately and chose to confide in me.

After 2 hours, she decided to turn the conversation to me. Shortly after she let me know that my GF, who is good friends with Kimmy, had been talking to her about the proposal.

My soon-to-be fiancée has the ring, has the plan and it should happen by the end of next week.

I need to figure out what I'm supposed to do:

1) Sit it out and let her propose.

2) Get all the money I can and buy a ring. I could propose at the same time as she does?

3) Any ideas from you?

Thanks guys... please answer ASAP.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1
My GF and I have been together for the last 3 years; 4 years in November.

We met at school as friends, but feelings evolved and we dated for the last 3 months. We ended up in different Universities, but they're only 20 miles apart, so it was fine. We're both in our final years too.

Anyway, last night I met up with my closest female friend (Kimmy). She's been having a lot of trouble with her hubbie lately and chose to confide in me.

After 2 hours, she decided to turn the conversation to me. Shortly after she let me know that my GF, who is good friends with Kimmy, had been talking to her about the proposal.

My soon-to-be fiancée has

the

ring, has the plan and it should happen by the end of next week.

I need to figure out what I'm supposed to do:

2) Get all the money I can and buy a ring. I could propose at the same

time as she does?

3) Any ideas from you?

Thanks guys... please answer ASAP.

I don't think I could imagine anything more romantic than letting her propose and then pulling the ring out of your pocket :)

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 4

I'm sorry, but I would never propose to a man...that just reaks of desperation

I recommend you get a ring and beat her to the punch and allow her to preserve her dignity...

But really, if I were a man I wouldn't wanna marry a woman who would "propose" to me. Makes me wonder where she got this idea from. Is she gonna work and pay the bills while you stay home and watch the kids?

I'm all for a woman "suggesting" marriage. But to ask a guy to marry you? :sick:

I'd be like "Hey babe, we've been together for a while, I know you/you know me and I think there's a future for us. What do you think about us getting engaged and married?"....NOT pulling out a ring and asking him to marry me :sick:

We live in a time where people wanna play this "equality" game, but you can't fight biology. Take on a man's role and even "if" he goes for it, you took the wind out of his sails. Let him be a man, let him propose already :rolleyes:

This was a huge topic on Facebook once. But the question is, what if he never knew??? O.o

See, me personally, if a lady proposed to me and I did not see it coming, and I know I love her, then what am I gonna do when she does it? Say no? That would shatter what she feels all because of the gender roles thing. At the end of the day, we were on the same page. I wouldn't have her get on her knee though Lol

I say let it be a surprise for her. She is stepping up. But I am for the idea of pulling your ring out when she does it too.

It is just wrong that your friend told you this but if the woman I loved proposed to me I would be incredibly impressed. In turn, I would have her baby.

• Like 1
BronzeAgeJaeger217

Although I'm all for women being more forward with men, I believe proposing should be the man's role, but approaching while meetings new people I feel it shouldn't matter

So men who propose are desperate then I guess? What difference does it make who proposes to who?

• Like 3

2) Get all the money I can and buy a ring. I could propose at the same time as she does?

3) Any ideas from you?

I'm assuming you plan to say yes. If that's the case, I would use the money you would have spent on a ring to make your honeymoon even better. Otherwise, do something fun for her with it. You know what she likes better than any of us.
I'll just save this for the next woman who asks me why I haven't proposed to her. I'll say: "I'm sorry, I'm not desperate, so I can't propose to you."
Although I'm all for women being more forward with men, I believe proposing should be the man's role, but approaching while meetings new people I feel it shouldn't matter
Why is one okay and not the other?
  • Like 2
So men who propose are desperate then I guess? What difference does it make who proposes to who?

Because people in this day/age want to separate biology from the genders. Everyone is "equal".

Well, sorry, I and others do not share this opinion.

Men lead, they take charge. Men propose.

Men need to be strong enough to provide/protect. The day she gets pregnant and cannot go back to work (especially if she has a difficult pregnancy) - guess who it's gonna fall on to provide/protect? The man....

• Like 1
Because people in this day/age want to separate biology from the genders. Everyone is "equal".

Well, sorry, I and others do not share this opinion.

Men lead, they take charge. Men propose.

Men need to be strong enough to provide/protect. The day she gets pregnant and cannot go back to work (especially if she has a difficult pregnancy) - guess who it's gonna fall on to provide/protect? The man....

Oh my goodness! I think we must live on different planets.... the guy is very excited about this beautiful thing. He loves the woman for who she is. She sounds like a great woman to me. Since when is it desperate to go after what you want?

And what on earth does proposing have to do with taking responsibility for things in your life - like your pregnant wife - for example?

I am shocked by your post! A mans role is to lead? I think a mans role is to respect his partner! But we are all entitled to our opinions I guess.

• Like 1
I want it to be perfect for both of us though. This is the only time to do it!

I also think that having a ring ready too would be lovely - but you will know best what your fiance would like the most.

I just turned on my computer and yours was the first post I read and it made me smile - I thought how beautiful.....

Hope it all turns out well and you come back and let us know how it went! :)

You clearly are wanting the same thing so... Go grab that ring Bruce!

Keep it with you and if she doesn't arrange for a romantic setting soon - organise one yourself! :D

Good Luck!

Its lovely to hear good news!