! I feel like I'm just netflix and chilling with my boyfriend

noodlemonster

My boyfriend is a sous chef at a restaurant and it's very hard for him to have free time for himself.

Lately I've been feeling like I'm just "netflix and chilling" at his place. This past sunday he invited me over to watch football with his friends since he just got back from vacation with his friends. It was fine but he whole time he was so into his fantasy football league.

He's very sweet to me, he randomly bought me flowers for our 6 months, and bought me gifts from his trip to cancun, we talk every day but right now I feel like I'm being forgotten now since he's so into his leagues.

Because he's a chef he barely gets a day off and has his own time so we usually go the movies and I sleep over at this house, however sometimes we can't make it to the last showing so we just "netflix and chill" at his house. I understand that his schedule is bad and that he does want to spend time with his friends but I miss the whole going out on dates like we used to on Monday nights, is it too much for me to ask him if we can start going on dates again? am i being used for sex? or am I overthinking this?

. I understand that his schedule is bad and that he does want to spend time with his friends but I miss the whole going out on dates like we used to on Monday nights, is it too much for me to ask him if we can start going on dates again? am i being used for sex? or am I overthinking this?

Can his schedule accommodate what you're asking? Is he working on Monday nights?

Is he willing to adjust his schedule to accommodate what you're asking?

We can't answer your questions--you're going to have to ask him those questions.

Sure you should ask him when the next time you two are going on a date. Can you plan a date and invite him out in order to get that ball rolling?

You aren't being used for sex. You're getting something out of being with him/being his girlfriend, too, right? If you're not, then stop watching movies and screwing afterwards. Stop going to his house. Best way to date is to be out of the house doing something, not posted up on the couch or in his bed.

Sounds like you have incompatible lifestyles to me. He probably is stretched thin, but as someone who usually is stretched thin, you can still make room for variety in your activities if you want to. He's fine with Netflix and chillin as are a whole lot of guys. It's nice that he at least thinks of you and buys you gifts. At least he's not just a penny pincher or something and is gainfully employed and all that. You should suggest going to a spa or something, a club that's open late, something you want to do.

Looks like you'd be better off with someone else.

This situation is never going to get better unless he changes professions.

Looks like you'd be better off with someone else.

This situation is never going to get better unless he changes professions.

Or makes her a priority over his friends....

My boyfriend is a sous chef at a restaurant and it's very hard for him to have free time for himself.

Lately I've been feeling like I'm just "netflix and chilling" at his place. This past sunday he invited me over to watch football with his friends since he just got back from vacation with his friends. It was fine but he whole time he was so into his fantasy football league.

He's very sweet to me, he randomly bought me flowers for our 6 months, and bought me gifts from his trip to cancun, we talk every day but right now I feel like I'm being forgotten now since he's so into his leagues.

Because he's a chef he barely gets a day off and has his own time so we usually go the movies and I sleep over at this house, however sometimes we can't make it to the last showing so we just "netflix and chill" at his house. I understand that his schedule is bad and that he does want to spend time with his friends but I miss the whole going out on dates like we used to on Monday nights, is it too much for me to ask him if we can start going on dates again? am i being used for sex? or am I overthinking this?

Edited by katiegrl
Or makes her a priority over his friends....

That too.

Looks like he is just trying to squeeze everything in at once and make it all count as "quality time".