How do I get the "nerdy/geeky" type of men?

circlesinfinity

circlesinfinity

I am very attracted to these types of men but I don't go up to men or anything like that. I feel very uncomfortable doing this...I wondered, are they all kind of awkward? And do they just stray away from showing any interest?

personally, i don't like those kinds but....... i think they like super hot girls. Smart guys know knowledge is power .. so they want they're equal in the mating market(subconsciously). Just be hot and confident and help them navigate social networks.

As a nerdy female.. i adore masculine protector types. it's the brain and brawn thing.

Edited by casey.lives
I wondered, are they all kind of awkward? And do they just stray away from showing any interest?

Speaking as a nerdy guy, on average yes. We're not very good at expressing romantic interest.

I don't understand the issue, if you see someone you like and suspect that they might be a bit socially awkward and not brave enough to ask you out, then why not ask them out? Sure you don't enjoy it, and they might say no, but really isn't a few seconds of being uncomfortable better than not potentially getting what you ultimately want which is a date with a particular guy?

devilish innocent

My husband is a nerdy/geeky guy as are most of his friends. From what I've seen, many of these guys tend to be shy and are afraid to go after women. If you don't approach them, you may have a hard time meeting.

Do you have any geeky/nerdy interests of your own? Or are there any such interests you'd like to take up? From what I've seen, usually when these guys get a girlfriend, it's because they've met and bonded over nerdy stuff. They're roleplaying in the same D&D group, or they enjoy the same video games, or like discussing philosophy with each other, etc. You can go to meetup.com to see if there are any groups in your area that meet for these types of interests. I've also seen several of these relationships start through the internet since many of these guys are hiding behind their computers rather than getting out of the house. If you can find on-line forums for nerdy interests and join them, you may be able to meet people that way, although those relationships tend to be long distance. You might want to try on-line dating as well. That's how my husband and I met.

• Like 1

I have rarely met a nerdy / geeky guy who has a clue about women. If you want to attract that type you are practically going to have to hit him over the head. I would start by at least learning to smile & say hello to men you are attracted to. If you can't do that you will both miss out.

I disagree with most of the others here - I'm usually attracted to the geeky/intellectual sort too and have been in LTRs with a few of them... and in all my Rs the guy asked me out. IMO if they like you enough, they will ask you out eventually. Operative word being 'eventually' though - many of them are introverts and need a lot of time to become comfortable around someone new.

So if you hate 'waiting' to be asked out and don't mind being the initiator, then by all means approach them. The other option is to just hang out in those circles, have fun and enjoy yourself playing games or whatever, and if any one of them really likes you he'll ask you out eventually. That's what I did, and yes it took quite a long time (the 'fastest' guy asked me out a month after we got to know each other!) but it didn't bother me because I was there to enjoy my hobbies anyway and it didn't matter to me whether I was asked out or not.

This assumes you do have some geeky hobbies though. But if you don't I'd question why the specific attraction towards those guys.