crazy ex red flag

Mountaingirl83

Mountaingirl83

So I've been dating a guy for two months and so far he seems wonderful. The only thing that worries me is that he says all his exes are crazy. His last girlfriend apparently smashed his TV with a baseball bat and he said when they eventually broke up, she showed up with the cops when she came to get her stuff like he was going to hurt her or something. All I keep thinking is that smashing someone's TV, while crazy, has to be prompted by something really terrible. He basically calls all his exes crazy and I keep thinking, OK what did you do to them to make them act that way?! Or are you that bad at selecting women that they are all wacky? Should having a series of crazy exes be a red flag??? I just wonder how long before he is telling some other girl how crazy I am...

Edited by Mountaingirl83
adding thought
  • Like 1

Trust me....he likely wasn't at fault in the ex blow up and smash the tv. He likely didn't do anything to warrant that kind of behavior.

Personally, I pay awholehelluvalot of attention when someone I'm beginning to date tells me that all of their exes are "crazy".

EVEN IF it's true and the women ARE all crazy and he's done NOTHING to warrant such craziness and out-of-controlness,

he DID pick 'em. Repeatedly. So, he must like crazy. Or, he likes crazy-making.

I don't DO crazy...OR crazy-making.

Best of luck to you, OP...

• Like 1
Daisy-oliviaWentcher

I knew of a guy I was seeing that told me of all his crazy exes. To be honest, he was crazy because he was never faithful to anyone of them. When I questioned his behavior, motives and actions, he would turn around to tell me I was crazy when of course he was the one being hideously unfaithful and misogynistic. Sometimes I think it is an excuse, pull out the " your'e crazy card" to get a woman off your back or to push all his horrible actions back on her....OOOOOR it's a warning, a warning that " you better not end up like one of my crazy exes" Or that he has a habit of attracting crazy, which means there is a little bit of crazy in him. I would tread carefully... and why is he telling you about his exes anyway? he should be over them enough to not have to mention them at all.

Hm. If it were just one whack-job, I could be understanding as I have an unstable ex in my past too and I didn't deserve the behaviour he unleashed on me. But the fact that he's described them all as crazy is suspicious.

A barrel of crazy exs= the man is a nut job period. Oddly, it seems these men cannot help but spill the beans, open their closet of dysfunction. Run for the hills because you will one day be crowned, crazy girl #13 in his storytelling la la land.

My last two GFs were crazy...they dont come with labels or warning signs.

The first has sought help and is now on meds. Prior to me she had a string of failed relationships and was very insecure - shame on me for not cutting it off sooner. She would NOT go away either until i moved her stuff out while she was at work.

The second admitted to having had depression but was treated and doing very well. She was the most intimate and loving woman I had ever known. Well she is also emotionally unstable / insecure etc...it became worse and worse over time and was self destructing. It was a Jekyl and Hyde thing.

Can I blame myself...a little. Really for hanging on and not cutting out sooner once i saw the warning signs. They can take months to really show themselves and by then you are in deeper than you ever wanted.

I would proceed with caution