He says he likes me but we never meet??

andreia

So, I met him 3 months ago through friends (we are both 16 by the way) and he asked for my number and I gave it and since then we have been speaking. After a week he said that he liked me and wanted a relationship but I said that it was too soon, and I'd have to see how things went.

He asked to meet me, I said yes and on the day we had arranged, he didn't text me or reply to my texts. He texted me during the evening saying he was sorry but I was so angry and so I ignored him but after I forgave him.

I then went on holiday for over a month and we continued to talk. Everything was going well. When I came back I asked to see him again and he said yes but we didn't arrange it properly. A week later I asked again and he said yes. I waited with a friend for over an hour for him and I had texted him to let me know when he arrived but he didn't reply. He later texted me like nothing had happened. I ignored him once again, but he kept asking why I was ignoring him, so I told him why, and I forgave him again.

Now, he told me again that he liked me a lot and wants a relationship with me but if this is so, then why is he not putting effort or asking me when to meet up , because I mean like it's been 3 months and we've seen eachother once?? I really like the guy as well and I have told him this, and I do hope that we can get into a relationship.

I have also told him that if we do not meet I will stop talking to him because I'm fed up of what is going on, and I don't want to waste my time if nothing is going to come out of this whole thing. So what should I do, and what does he mean by all of this? I'm so confused.

Here is something I wish I'd known when I was your age: actions always speak louder than words.

And his actions are screaming that he isn't very interested. He blew you off twice, meaning that you've only seen him once in three months. He doesn't respect your time at all. A guy who is truly interested would be happy to make and keep plans with you. A guy who respects you would have at least apologized and explained why he stood you up. He didn't do that. Don't bother forgiving him and giving him a third chance. He isn't worth it.

He apologised everytime he stood me up by the way. I forgot to add that.

Fair enough. Did he explain why?

My assertion still stands. If he isn't asking to see you, it's because he's not overly interested. I'd stop trying to make it happen.

• Author

Yeah, he said that he was moving things from his old house to his new house and the other time was because he had college.

I understand, but everytime I try to cut him off he just begs for me not to.