Fashion/what to wear when going out

mike_89

I haven't really found a more appropriate forum than Dating for this question so I'll just ask here.

Ladies, what type of clothes should a man wear when going out in loud clubs? Please do make the distinction between loud, hot and damp dancing clubs and bars/lounges.

Currently I prefer to wear a good shirt (not one of those "going-out shirts" with their ridiculous collars, a normal one), a pair of jeans and decent leather shoes and that works well in a bar or a lounge. These clothes are hell in a dancing club though, it gets WAY too hot with the long sleeves and the floor is usually covered in a small layer of beer/other booze and I don't want to ruin good leather shoes. My sister always advised me against wearing t-shirts but these seem the only reasonable option when it gets so hot inside.

What are your recommendations?

In loud clubs, when I was younger I wore tight button-fly bellbottoms and a disco shirt. Hush puppies for the feet.

Now I wear pretty much the same, with the addition of ear muffs to protect my hearing, and uggs for my feet.

• Like 2

It depends on how fit you are and on your age range. Better to dress your age elegantly than look to young (it reads as insecure), and body shape and size would affect the outfit as well. So would your coloring of skin hair and eyes, as some colors can leave certain skin tones washed out. Sooo more info please!?:)

• Author
It depends on how fit you are and on your age range. Better to dress your age elegantly than look to young (it reads as insecure), and body shape and size would affect the outfit as well. So would your coloring of skin hair and eyes, as some colors can leave certain skin tones washed out. Sooo more info please!?:)

OK that is much more information than I would have considered important :p but it makes sense!

Well I am fairly powerfully built and work out 3-6 times a week. I am 1.90m (6 foot 3?) and 95 kg (210 lbs). My hair is medium long brown/dark blonde, my eyes are grey and I have a fairly heavy face (big nose, strong jaw, bony prominent eyebrows). And I am 26 years old!

Wear your oldest pair of shoes. Call 'em your club shoes. .. they should be nice enough but something you won't be upset if they get wet etc. Try shopping for shoes in a high end thrift store. If you score a pair of great kicks at a cheap price, you will feel better about the abuse they take.

As for shirts, consider a nice short sleeve button down, think Hawaiian shirt but not garish with the colors & the flowers. Or a nice fitted short sleeve golf shirt. A t shirt under a sports coat might work too, assume you have a table where you can leave the jacket while dancing.

I like a man that stands out and looks classy. Blue Blazer, a 'pink' button down, yes pink..light pink, nice watch with jeans and loafers if casual and dress pants if appropriate.

I like a man that stands out and looks classy. Blue Blazer, a 'pink' button down, yes pink..light pink, nice watch with jeans and loafers if casual and dress pants if appropriate.

I love that look too but in a hot dance club I'd wonder what wrong exit the preppy guy got off to end up at the club. :)

• Like 2
I love that look too but in a hot dance club I'd wonder what wrong exit the preppy guy got off to end up at the club. :)

Of course, but if done right, right shoes, hair, and accessories, he would stand out! Let the others all wear white tees etc. Good looking and dressed well = attention. Stand out from the rest in a good way. Jeans would knock off the too preppy vibe! :)

In loud clubs, when I was younger I wore tight button-fly bellbottoms and a disco shirt. Hush puppies for the feet.

Now I wear pretty much the same, with the addition of ear muffs to protect my hearing, and uggs for my feet.

I'm waiting for the post about you wearing diapers. Seriously, I'm not that far off am I?

I have no idea what brand or fabric they are made of. But my DH has button down short sleeve shirts that look like cotton dress shirt but they aren't. They are really lightweight and breathe. Maybe by Columbia sports wear ?

I'm s fan of black dress kind of pants and black tee for guys in club I loved dirty dancing movie. Lol.

Just dont wear tattard jeans and shoes and your band or geek fandom shirt and you should be good.

I like t-shirts, provided they fit really well. And they have the right amount of nerdiness. It can't be a free t-shirt from an event. It can be a local love t-shirt. Well-fitting slim fit jeans or cords could work. Plain t-shirt in a grey or similar color is good. Wear a belt to class it up. And definitely either hip sneakers or driving shoes or something.

I'd love to see a shirt/vest combo. A short sleeved one, or rolled up one works great.

A lot of what works depends on you and "your swag."

• Author

Thanks all for your advice! Much appreciated! d0nnivain and Celeste that was exactly what I was looking for ;)

And it's great to hear that wearing the right t-shirt won't automatically make me look like a serial killer and is perfectly acceptable :p

I think you should wear something that fits you (like literally). A nice collared shirt (that fits), jeans (that fit well), and comfortable dancing shoes (depending on the place, you may have to wear dress shoes, they might not let you in). You can even pull off a regular t-shirt (at some places), if you can fit into it nicely and fill it up nicely.