Should I keep paying for this girl I am attracted to?

Forza.Taki

My uni started a couple days ago and I met a very cute girl from class. I initiated the conversation with her before the lecture and we agreed to have lunch after class.

It's only been 2 days, so I have not flirted or pulled any moves yet, but I have been paying for her food mainly because of 2 reasons.

1. It's not that expensive. (Never goes above $15)

2. I really like her and I plan on taking her out in the future.

I want her get the hint that I want to take this further than 'just friends' (why would 'just a friend' want to pay for her all the time, right?)

Should I keep doing this until I make my move? I have no idea what I'm doing because I usually don't eat lunch with girls unless it's a date. At the same time, I don't want to seem too desperate or make her uncomfortable because it is still just a friendship at the moment.

p.s She's not expecting me to pay. She tries to pay, but I just pay faster and tell her not to worry about it.

Yes you should, it may not be ideal but it fends of some of the 'just friends' vibe.

Next time make it a longer meetup, when you talk steer it towards her appearance, personality, etc make a few jokes and just go for the kiss — you will then know if you should keep paying :p.

• Like 1

Absolutely do not keep paying for her. It reads like you are trying to buy her affections.

Get your courage together & ask her on a date. Then you can pay. But stop paying now. Besides, after the 1st nice gesture, it's probably bordering on creepy for her or she's a user. Be careful.

• Like 1
Absolutely do not keep paying for her. It reads like you are trying to buy her affections.

The moment he stops paying then it'll tell her that it's 'just friends'.

• Like 1

Reminded me of the time a coworker bought me snacks and shared his food. I thought we were good coworkers and thought nothing of it until he told me he liked me and asked me one day, "Why did you think I kept sharing my food and buying you snacks?"

How the ---- was I supposed to know?

• Like 1