man-ese translation

fifipheebs

on two different occasions, a guy and a girl asked my crush what i was like (type of person i am) and his response was "she's cool". What does that even mean?

(and no, it was not to have a threesome).

It means almost nothing.

If he didn't like you then he'd say something like "I don't know her" or "she's okay". "She's cool" could mean that he likes you or that he thinks you're alright but what it definitely does mean is that he doesn't dislike you :p.

• Like 2
Frank2thepoint

"She's cool" is a close cousin to "she's alright". He doesn't dislike you, but he doesn't seem to be ecstatic about you either. There's a possibility he is just being low-key, or he has no romantic interest in you.

Have you considered showing your interest in your crush?

• Like 1

I agree with the other two replies, it's OK, doesn't mean much.

Also, I don't know him and maybe he doesn't want to share something private (his feelings) so casually. I wouldn't.

How old are you and how old is he? That is important too.

• Like 1
  • Author
I agree with the other two replies, it's OK, doesn't mean much.

Also, I don't know him and maybe he doesn't want to share something private (his feelings) so casually. I wouldn't.

How old are you and how old is he? That is important too.

Thank you to all who replied.

He is on the shy spectrum when he has to talk feelings.

We are in our 20's.

I would need to see facial expression to discern. If there was dislike though, it would have been she's okay, not she's cool.

• Like 1

Yup, agreeing with the other posts here. "She's okay" would mean that he's not really into you.

"She's cool" is a bit different. He definitely doesn't dislike you, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's romantically interested. You mentioned that he was a pretty shy dude though, so he's probably more closed off.

• Like 1

It's positive but needs context (facial expressions and tone of voice) to determine if he said that to downplay his feelings or if that is all he things about you, like a buddy.

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

I think it means he likes you, but isn't inclined to discuss his feelings in depth with the folks who made the inquiry.

I can relate.

• Like 2

Manspeak is also highly dependent upon the dialect spoken. Where in the world is the guy from?

Just so we are clear here, in Western US, "she's cool" in manspeak means pretty similar to what others have said - he approves of you but isn't conveying anything more. Definitely a step up from "she's alright" but not quite at the "she's really interesting".

• Like 1

Attempting to ascertain what he meant would entail one being a psychic mind reader.

He could have a mad crush on you back, or not like you at all.

Saying *she's cool* was just a banal response to a question which was, in his mind anyway, none the asking parties' business....

Like he's really gonna tell them what he REALLY thinks....

Please.

• Like 3

I've said the exact same words about a woman before.. I wasn't attracted to her nor did I dislike her in any way.. She was just...Cool..

• Like 1
  • Author
Manspeak is also highly dependent upon the dialect spoken. Where in the world is the guy from?

Just so we are clear here, in Western US, "she's cool" in manspeak means pretty similar to what others have said - he approves of you but isn't conveying anything more. Definitely a step up from "she's alright" but not quite at the "she's really interesting".

North America.

I imagine he said "yah she's cool" with a little left shoulder shrug and a nod of the head. But again, i was not present. I'm leaning towards the possibility he said it to cover up any feelings he may have like its nothing and he doesn't want to get into it to some stranger he only met.

The guy who inquired was a guy I had my eyes on cuz my crush wasn't making any real actionable moves.

Edited by fifipheebs
details