Interest seems lukewarm

This girl and I are both in university. We have a week long break coming up. We had planned on meeting up during the break, this would be our first date.

Anyway, this morning, I had offered to pass by her place after class just to see her before she leaves for the break. She agreed to that, but cancelled at the last minute saying she has to help out a friend. She did say that we should meet up sometime next week.

I've got no reason to not believe what she said about helping out a friend. But i'm getting a feeling that her interest is lukewarm. She just doesnt seem so enthusiastic about meeting up next week.

I'm gueesing I should just leave it untill next week. Then get in touch with her and see if she still wants to go out.

She did say that we should meet up sometime next week.

That's the operative statement. See what happens and flirt and otherwise interact with other women. Next week will bring what next week brings.

I'm gueesing I should just leave it untill next week.
Good advice.
Then get in touch with her and see if she still wants to go out.
She cancelled and indicated you and she 'should' get together next week. She's a big girl and knows how to push those little buttons on her phone. She'll be in touch to validate her response when cancelling, or she won't. It's unknown. At this point, leave it to her and, yup, pursue other women. The cream rises to the top.

Listen to carhill, he has you covered. There is no need for any contact in the beginning, between dates. All that matters is that she keeps the date, and what happens on the date.

Yeah, you're over thinking it. But " meet up some time next week " sounds rather vague. That means you have to ask again to get a confirmed time/date?