Where ARE all these guys?

Piddle

So, I wrote something yesterday about figuring out who, out of two friends, to potentially date (if either one wants me - but that's a whole other story). Link below.

A poster gave me really good advice, that as I am friends with these guys it may be best to find someone else to date. I agree, but I guess my question is, where and how do you meet these men? Reading the forums here it sounds so easy but I never come across single, dateable men. I just don't get it. How are girls meeting theses guys?

In the last few years so few men that I would consider dating have crossed my path that that's why I'm considering one of these two friends. I'm not fussy, basically someone single, intelligent, kind and taller than me! Seriously that's it!! I'm 170 cm so being taller than me isn't that hard :p Even 174 is ok! It's so hard to meet someone intelligent and nice who fancies you and you feel you at least have the potential to fancy back.

I can consider that I'm doing something wrong, but that would mean that I'm meeting men to do something wrong with! And I'm just not seeing them or talking to them. I've tried online dating - two sites - but HATED it. I live in a huge metropolitan European city. I work in a busy job as part of a big organisation. I don't go out to bars and stuff and tbh I'm the sort of the person who needs to make a connection with someone - so a bar or speed dating would probably be super painful. I'm wondering if the huge city I live in is the problem. People are just frantic all the time.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/545792-your-soulmate-always-right-you-who-would-you-go

But if these friends are so great, why have you never gotten together with them sooner? My point is, you are grasping at straws. Why not find a man you are actually attracted to?

Try classes, groups, or church.

• Like 3
I'm 170 cm so being taller than me isn't that hard :p Even 174 is ok! It's so hard to meet someone intelligent and nice who fancies you and you feel you at least have the potential to fancy back.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/dating/545792-your-soulmate-always-right-you-who-would-you-go

Darn I'm only 74 in. Not even close to tall enough ;)

I don't live in your city but where would you find me?

At work

Hiking in the mountains

Scuba diving

Shopping

At a pub

At a live music event

Etc.

mystikmind2005

If you want to meet single guys try a store like EB Games! lol

And the pickup line that is sure to work, ask them about the games.

a single guy in a computer game store tells you several things;

He is definitely not a player or a workaholic - because he has time for computer games, therefore he definitely has spare time to spend with you.

If he takes reasonable care of his appearance then he cannot be too much of a looser (hopefully)

If you do not like computer games, then don't do this, because remember, those that can play together, stay together. But some people do spend too much time on computer games, that can be a problem.

If you want to meet single guys try a store like EB Games! lol

And the pickup line that is sure to work, ask them about the games.

a single guy in a computer game store tells you several things;

He is definitely not a player or a workaholic - because he has time for computer games, therefore he definitely has spare time to spend with you.

If he takes reasonable care of his appearance then he cannot be too much of a looser (hopefully)

If you do not like computer games, then don't do this, because remember, those that can play together, stay together. But some people do spend too much time on computer games, that can be a problem.

In a perfect world.

I'd say best place to meet 'ideal' guys would be at a decent gym (not the 24h or budget kind), in the smoking area of a bar/club, premium grocery store during lunch break, formal mens clothing store (act like you're shopping for your brother — my ex did this but she actually was shopping for her brother) or at the waiting area of a hand car wash (a real single gentleman gets his car washed every week). It may sound stupid but hey these area the areas where would be able to hit on me ;D

Edited by wb1988

Online dating. Either sites or apps, start with Tinder. I found it all distasteful for a long time as well, but in the end it can be hard to find any other way to meet people now. And it is efficient and does deliver to you people who want to meet you. And they aren't all about sex. Just do it.

Frank2thepoint
but I guess my question is, where and how do you meet these men? Reading the forums here it sounds so easy but I never come across single, dateable men. I just don't get it. How are girls meeting theses guys?

Another thing to consider is good, date-able men, have also been in bad relationships, and had bad dates, so they are taking a break from dating, including online dating. Good men get frustrated too, and often decide to just step away from the headache of dating and relationships, at least for a while.

I have no idea if people are sociable in general or not in Europe, but I do know that even when I take a simple trek to the movies by myself I usually end up getting in at least one conversation with someone. And it wasn't that different when I lived in Boston which is home to some of the most standoffish attitudes ever. It's not that hard to meet people wherever you go if you approach it with the right energy and attitude. You don't need to venture into special places. Just get out there.

I actually met my girlfriend here of all places. :p