What thing do you hate the most in dating?

CharlesV

Yeah, a simple question.

What do you actually hate the most in this dating world? The gameplaying..? People who suddenly flake..? Something else..? Tell us in this thread!

I'm just curious.

;)

jam.over.jelly

the fact that you know they're playing the field and dating other people at the same time, especially you know you like them a lot.

• Like 1

Rejection.

I especially hate having to reject others when then they like me more than I like them.

• Like 1

I get annoyed most at women who think a guy will like her more if he continually chases. It has the opposite effect for me as I get bored and move on.

• Like 1

Knowing that no matter how many times they kiss me, how much they say they like me, how many cute texts or gifts or gestures of affection they throw my way, they can still wake up and decide they don't care anymore and leave or cheat.

Whoops, my past experiences are showing.

• Like 3
Rejection.

I especially hate having to reject others when then they like me more than I like them.

Ha! I thought you were going to say "getting rejected" cos that sucks too!

The significantly high rejection rate I have to endure.

The disproportionate level of effort (early on) expected from most of the women I meet.

Ha! I thought you were going to say "getting rejected" cos that sucks too!

Both suck. I have a harder time rejecting someone though.

JustGettingBy

The fact that everything seems like an open-to-interpretation-subjective-mixed-signal that everyone understands but me.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

i would say game playing ...lack of honesty up front...investing in getting to know someone who turns out not to be genuine or just wants sex when they say yeah i am not in it for sex.....because they know thats what i want to hear...but they try anyway just maybe not the first couple of dates..getting groped...i have a real loathing for...and time wasters......i dont waste guys' time and i expect them not to waste mine by lying.......deb

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 1
I hate having to answer a lot of questions.

That's interesting cause that's one of my favorite things!

Always loved when a guy asked me a bunch of questions...my life is full so enjoyed discussing...

Plus it told me he was interested in me...which always made me feel good.

Note: I asked him questions too.... :):)

• Like 1
pleasedtomeetyou

The fact that people don't seem to find any value in "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

People want to be told the truth by their respective partners, yet often do not practice what they preach.

• Like 1
DatingDirection

I'm thinking this is a first date, never met before:

1. Being judged over all

2. Having to answer questions like what i do for a living

3. Having to sit through a conversation with someone, only for them to just like me for what i look like, or dislike me for what i don't look like.

pleasedtomeetyou

This issue is only relevant for first dates, since their is no way I would go on a second date with somebody who does this. But people who aren't active participants in a conversation. You know, those types who will answer your questions with quick, dull answers and then don't put any effort in to keep the conversation going.

Thankfully these people usually reveal themselves after about 10 minutes, so these can always be quick one-drink-and-i'm-out situations. But it certainly is frustrating, and yet another reason why I prefer to arrange meetings with people from OLD as quickly as possible.

having to tell my "story" again and again to different people. i don't like self-disclosure, so the less i have to do that the happier i am. i dislike the 'getting to know you stage' before someone might even ask you out (or not)

• Like 1
That's interesting cause that's one of my favorite things!

Well, you know that dating coaches tell people to ask a lot of questions to show interest. Obviously it works well on some women and backfires on others!

Katie, you're probably not a Scorpio like me. Are you Leo? ;)

that moment when the intimacy builds and you really don't want to believe it's gonna work and it is working and sex is great and everything else looks amazing... except for that one little detailed he did not share with you - or that comes up - or whatever... and you realize it wasn't for real and you're back to square 1.

oh well, at least I've been single for a long time, it's not like I need to get used to it all over again :D :D :D

that moment when the intimacy builds and you really don't want to believe it's gonna work and it is working and sex is great and everything else looks amazing... except for that one little detailed he did not share with you - or that comes up - or whatever... and you realize it wasn't for real and you're back to square 1.

oh well, at least I've been single for a long time, it's not like I need to get used to it all over again :D :D :D

This is it for me.

You meet this wonderful person who is, on the face of it, fantastic and then whopsie they forgot to tell you they are still married or some other major issue that makes it a complete no brainer- i.e. they have problems with aggression etc.

So mine is disappointment.

I can cope with the rejection, flaking etc, but disappointment is the worst.

I find dating tiring.

I hate the process of either with OLD, searching and finally feeling like you met someone decent, or in real life meeting someone decent, going out with them and it either immediately doesn't work or maybe you put a few dates into it and it seems to be great and is working and then they slowly fade, become flaky, lie to you, or some other disappointing thing happens. I hate that moment, and then the immediate tiring feeling I feel when I have to start over and go back to the drawing board, and then my weariness the 84683th time around, where even if I like the guy, there is a bit of fear that things will fall apart.

That for me is the worst. I understand you have to kiss several toads before something good sticks but I sure hate the process of meeting a seemingly good potential then the rug is pulled from under you and it's back to the drawing board, rinse and repeat several times. When I was younger it didn't matter. Dating was most often casual and something to do, so it wasn't as disappointing when nothing came of it. However, nowadays because I am looking for something substantial the misses hit a lot harder.

• Like 1
SycamoreCircle

I know this is messed up, but I hate feeling any sense of butterflies, admiration or idolization directed at me. As if I'm something special. I just think to myself...this is all eventually going to come tumbling down. Just see me for what I am. No more, no less.