How do you know you love them?

treehugger101

treehugger101

How do you know if you love the person your dating or in a relationship with? I know the guy I have been with has put me through a lot and I know I don't love him. He says he loves me and is hurt that I don't love him. If he didn't put me through all of the stuff he did, I probably would have feelings for him. But since he did, my feelings aren't there.

Clarence_Boddicker

Simple, when you want to be with them ever second of the day. Not just for sex either. You care about what's important to them.

• Like 1

That sounds more like obsession than love.

To the OP. Maybe it's time to move on. There's no point in lingering around in an unsatisfying relationship. Find someone who will treat you right.

• Like 1

You get worried and have a panic thought of what would you do if something happened to them.

Beyond that if have to wonder if love them., odds are you don't.

Love is an obsession. If you read up on what love is and how the human mind is rewarded with goof feeling chemicals such dopamine. There are some article on the net which write up about how somene people who are in lobe have the same highs as a cocaine user.

I must be using the wrong drugs!

Never knew my lobe had a street value of £50,000. Lol

I'm completely me around him and he is my lover and best friend all in one.

I've been in love twice.

I've been 'in like'/lust/loneliness' many more times but it's not worth it.

Happy single is better than unhappy and coupled up in my view.

What is it that he has done to seemingly batter any feelings you might have had?

todreaminblue
Simple, when you want to be with them ever second of the day. Not just for sex either. You care about what's important to them.

every second of the day is a bit ...well....suffocating...but caring about their needs and wants is important....i would say true love falls into caring about them period.....deb

• Like 1

I haven't read through the previous posts other than your initial one, but honestly, you know what to do. If you don't reciprocate his feelings, then you need to cut him loose. It's not fair on either of you.

• Like 1

love tends to have a different definition depending on who is asked. I believe you say you don't love him because you have resentment from his past actions.

I would say that people learn over time how to better handle relationships. Should somebody do something and hurt the other person, one can learn from the experience and adjust to make sure that never happens again.

There are some things that cannot be forgiven. Since we don't know the extent of those we cant make a judgement on that. But, you can chose to forgive and move forward, or if they are forever damaging move on.

“Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don't blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being "in love", which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.”

― Louis de Bernières, Corelli's Mandolin

• Author
treehugger101

Yeah him and I have had our fights here and there over the past months and we say everything is fine but then it just repeats itself all over again.