Should I ask her out?

smittyfish

There's a coworker of mine, we've worked together for a few years and I've always liked her as a person while treating her as a coworker. However, recently (a few months) I can't stop thinking about her, whether I'm in the office, out of the office or on the weekends. We work very closely together, and our offices are actually diagonal from each other (when i look up from my computer, I can see her at her desk, vice versa).

She's single, and at work we are very close friends and we are constantly talking to each other all day, either about work or anything else. I get the sense that she likes me, but not sure how much.

Somewhat unrelated, I've been thinking about leaving my job for a while for other reasons and am actively looking for a job, and she knows it, as I have discussed with her. As a matter of fact, because of some leadership changes in the organization recently, I'm thinking about accelerating my departure. While she understands that, she also doesn't want me to leave because we work well together and we are the only people in the office who have the professional capability to fill in for each other if the other is out or on travel. So my leaving would create a burden on her.

I can't sleep because all I do is think about her. After work and on the weekends, I keep finding excuses to email/text/call her. Thinking about asking her out soon, so that I can at least know if she likes me or feels the same way.

What should I do?

From what you say it sounds like she is interested, so I don't think you have much to lose by asking her out. The worst thing that could happen is that she says no and suggests remaining friends in which case not much between you two will change.

If you do ask her out I would suggest meeting her during the weekend so you can completely get away from work and get to know her outside work.

• Like 1

If you're that interested in her, you should ask her out. She is single and you don't have much to lose by asking. Plus, you've been thinking about her a few months, so it's not a fleeting moment so you are seriously interested. You need an answer, yes or no.