worried about being creepy

LoveRefreshed

LoveRefreshed

I just started a job at a place just temporarily, I plan to leave it in 2-3 months. We are completely understaffed so we sometimes get employees from other locations.

Today, we had this girl that seemed to get real flirty with me at the end of the day, even commenting on her black thong that she was wearing to me in the back room. She's really cute and I'd like to get to know her, I have her name from the schedule and could easily call her or facebook her, but would it be creepy? I'd just like to ask if she'd like to get a drink is all, and I'm not sure if I'd ever even see her again. If I did though, I would like to not have weirdness at work or somehow face any harassment questions if I do ask her out.

Stage5Clinger

Sometimes when you're worried about being creepy it means you are being creepy. Particularly true if what you'd like to say you wouldn't say in person.

• Author
LoveRefreshed

I'd ask her in person, but it was at work and seemed like a bad time with people walking in and out of the room. I just don't know if I will be able to work with her again to ask her in person.

• Like 1
Stage5Clinger

I would Facebook friend request, wait a day or two, then casually say hey. You can easily be too aggressive with contacting online and who knows this girl may have a man.

• Like 2
  • Author
LoveRefreshed

Alright, maybe I'll try it. But I get what your saying... if my gut says it may be shady then it may be. Well she mentioned living alone and not doing much on the weekends, no talk of bf in 7 hours of working just too bad she got out 30 minutes before me and while my manager was just coming in and talking to us. Made it too hard to ask in person. Was also thinking to stop by her location that is only 3 blocks from my apartment and asking her out in person to get a drink. We work for a major chain and I can do work there for my real career... just go a few times and try to cross paths serendipitously.

Ilol sleep on it because I didn't look her last name up before leaving. Kind of an afterthought that I could find her that way. I originally just lamented the missed opportunity.

Worrying about being creepy may make it far more likely that you actually WILL come across as creepy to that girl, as well as some of your other coworkers.

To put it another way, you're being self-conscious...which indicates a lack of confidence. Others at work may pick up on your self-consciousness and they may feel a bit weirded-out and uncomfortable around you.

My advice: stop worrying and relax.

Also, definitely be very careful about dating people that you work with. Even in your temporary 2-3 month arrangement.

• Like 1

You'll come off as creepy if she isn't/wasn't attracted to you...

I agree with first, trying to approach her in person...I the opportunity doesn't present itself, then yeah, a FB friend request first - then see if she "accepts" and go from there ...and be light - not aggressive