Alright gentlemen, listen up.

Hopeful30

Lately there have been a lot of posts from men asking how to attract more women, or how to find love. Well this is my theory, and I feel it's important to share.

Attraction isn't an ACTION, nor is it something you can INSTIGATE, INITIATE or DEVELOP. Attraction is something that HAPPENS when two people see in each other a truth, whatever that means to you.

From my personal experience, I have rolled my eyes at men who talk themselves up, or try to impress me by doing xyz. BUT, the moment they loosen up, or have a drink or two, or forget that I'm there, their TRUTH comes out. Their pains, their joys, hobbies, their sense of humour.

And you know what? EVERY SINGLE MAN BECAME BEAUTIFUL IN MY EYES. Because they were now TRUE to themselves, they were HUMAN. As a woman, I want a man who is HUMAN. I don't want some superhero, rich and gorgeous genius who can offer me the world.

I want a man who can share his truth. Whose eyes I can look into and see HIM, and not who he pretends to be. Gentlemen, DONT THINK YOU KNOW WHAT A WOMAN WANTS. You don't. Just like there are men who love every single body type, there are women who will love every single man on this planet.

Stop this nonsense. Be true to yourself, whatever that may mean. You are and will be loved. I promise.

Edited by Hopeful30
  • Like 5
fitnessfan365

Hope don't you think it's ironic that you look down on men who generalize women, when you're trying to tell men in general how to act? You can't speak for the entire female population anymore than a man can claim he knows what every woman wants.

But I do agree w-you in the sense that a man should always be himself. By not changing his beliefs and holding all women to the same standard, he'll find a woman that's right for him.

Think less, feel more. Romance isn't a math problem.

The OP makes some good points and I'll underscore one; be true to oneself and love oneself and one's path in life. Regardless of who comes and goes in one's life, there will always be that one love to fall back on and, bonus, occasionally share with others.

It absolutely takes action. You will not meet women playing video games in your parents basement. Well, maybe a tundra wookie or two, but not the kinda girls your dick would spring to life on. So yes, you are going to have to do something about it.

It is absolutely something you can initiate, instigate and develop. You walk into a room with numerous attractive, single available women. You don't start anything with any of them. Guess what? Nothings gonna happen for you 99.9% of the time. Someones gotta initiate. That's you! You might not be good at this the first few times, but you will develop and it will become not such a big deal.

Most of the advice from women is when they are already interested in you and they're describing the kinda dream man they want to marry and not just the guy that can.... and usually does... talk them into a blowjob.

• Like 1

Sorry OP, but your post is quite condescending and it sounds like you're tarring every man with the same brush. For what it's worth I've never 'talked myself up' to a woman and I'm sure there are plenty of other men who haven't either.

I totally agree though that a man has a better chance of attracting women if he comes across as genuine but there are quite a few other factors that women take into consideration too.

Lately there have been a lot of posts from men asking how to attract more women, or how to find love. Well this is my theory, and I feel it's important to share.

Attraction isn't an ACTION, nor is it something you can INSTIGATE, INITIATE or DEVELOP. Attraction is something that HAPPENS when two people see in each other a truth, whatever that means to you.

From my personal experience, I have rolled my eyes at men who talk themselves up, or try to impress me by doing xyz. BUT, the moment they loosen up, or have a drink or two, or forget that I'm there, their TRUTH comes out. Their pains, their joys, hobbies, their sense of humour.

And you know what? EVERY SINGLE MAN BECAME BEAUTIFUL IN MY EYES. Because they were now TRUE to themselves, they were HUMAN. As a woman, I want a man who is HUMAN. I don't want some superhero, rich and gorgeous genius who can offer me the world.

I want a man who can share his truth. Whose eyes I can look into and see HIM, and not who he pretends to be. Gentlemen, DONT THINK YOU KNOW WHAT A WOMAN WANTS. You don't. Just like there are men who love every single body type, there are women who will love every single man on this planet.

Stop this nonsense. Be true to yourself, whatever that may mean. You are and will be loved. I promise.

Yet at the same time women act like they are interested then go poof.

I have been like you describe and it means nothing.

Women say what you said is what they want but that isn't what they date.

"A truth?" Sounds like new age superstitious nonsense. "Energy","soul mates", blah blah.

You are and will be loved. I promise.

Um no. Life doesn't work out that way. There's no such thing as destiny. People don't get what they deserve or want, good or bad, things do not happen for a reason, we are not part of a plan, good things do not come to those who wait, etc. etc.

Encouraging people to just relax and wait for inevitability is really poor advice.

Romance isn't a math problem.

This. It's also not a science experiment. It's also not wholly logical...it's more of a mix of emotions and logic.

What you said applies to just about any kind of human interaction, not just romance.

The people who are better in tune with their emotions and feelings tend to have a noticeably better and easier time forming and maintaining romantic relationships. The people who overwork their brains with unnecessary thinking tend to make things much harder for themselves, especially those that ignore their natural feelings.

You cannot help being short. But, I find it, you get women by observing what they are interested in, and telling them what they want to hear.

Jacob_Duluoz

"For what is life but a play in which everyone acts a part until the curtain comes down?"

Desiderius Erasmus, The Praise of Folly (1511)

• Like 1
Just like there are men who love every single body type, there are women who will love every single man on this planet.

I detect an anomaly in this statement.

Why cant men love every single woman on this earth?

We are confined to only loving body types?

Jacob_Duluoz

I'm confused. Should I or shouldn't I be chasing after her? She poked me first and then ran away across the school yard.

I'm confused. Should I or shouldn't I be chasing after her? She poked me first and then ran away across the school yard.

You were right to log onto loveshack from the school yard before making a terribly spontaneous decision. How fast is she running because it may take a bit to get some intelligent responses?

• Like 1
Jacob_Duluoz

She's going pretty fast. I think I would have to run really hard to catch her. Oh wait, she just slowed down and blew a kiss. Is this love? So confused!??!

Oh sorry! I was having a beer jerking it to Kate Upton running in slow motion. Your intelligent response has been delayed

• Like 1

Ive always hated the generalizations of both men and woman because I feel there are certain people that break that generalization and obviously those are the ones you find attractive because they're different or special to you, just gotta find them of course the rest will seem like duds that can be placed into a category thats easy to do.

What I look like, how I dress, timing, what I talk about, where I go, the people around me, the things I do...all play a factor in who and how many find me mysticaly attractive. If I naturally dressed like a slob, talked about stupidity, went to trashy places, hung around bottom feeders...that would play a factor into who and amount found me attractive.

In other words while can't control others can control myself. If I'm wise enough to put best foot forward and not shoot my foot...my odds are much higher. It also helps if have enough brains to read and filter people that waste my time. Sure people will love you for you, but won't if you screw up them giving a crap about discovering more cause shocked and awed with unviresly repulsive first impressions.

Attraction is something that can be developed. It's not just birthright that has some love shy while others are turning down women

• Like 1
Frank2thepoint

Translation: Attraction is based on how good looking you are. If both people find each other yummy, then courtship can commence.

This one confuses me. You're saying you don't want to listen to a man talk about himself, but once alcohol is involved, then you'll listen to a man talk about himself.

Yes you do want a "superhero, rich and gorgeous genius who can offer me the world" because the opposite of that is a poor, ugly, loser that can't contribute.