Only text late at night

This guy I talk to only text me late at night....after 11pm. His messages are never asking to hang out and it's never anything sexual, we will sometimes text for hours having real conversations about work, family, and whatever else. I guess my question is is he just bored? Is he even remotely interested? Sometimes during texting he will call. But even if I text him during the day he doesn't respond. But will text later that night around midnight. I don't understand. TIA

He could have work during the day, or he could just be a nightowl.

Another possibility is not trying to look desperate. I texted my date only at around 9 p.m. (after supper, so the conversation is not interrupted midway). I thought that would make it seem less desperate because trying to awkwardly initiate conversations for the whole day can get tiring after a while. It could be just anything really, but try not to over think it. You could even try to lead the conversation towards the more romantic/sexual way if you wish to see if he has feelings for you or not.

GL!

He either has a partner or worse, he's married, or he definitely isn't that into you.

Men go after what they truly crave. If a girl they felt sparks and high attraction for is texting them often enough, they will generally take a chance and ask her out for a date or at Keats s hang out during the day.

He's not asking you to spend time with him because he doesn't want to spend time with you enough to bother organising it.

Heck, I have a man who lives on the opposite side of the country to me who isnt rich and yet flew me over to see him after only just meeting me. I offered to use my flyer miles after he asked me too. He's now spending the same money to fly me over again. We don't know each other that well. He just felt s connection and attraction and he likes my personality enough to give a darn.

When a man wants something, he goes for it.

I don't buy it when a man lived close by and still doesn't suggest meeting for a coffee or drink. If men that live across country want to make the time for you, local guys have zero excuses as to why they don't make any kind of a move.

• Like 1
  • Author

Lol I need that kind of man!!!! I surely hope he isn't married or with someone...I def don't want to be the other girl!

ExpatInItaly

More details needed:

1) How did you meet?

2) Do you know what he does for work? (ie is he working all day?)

3) Do you have plans to meet?

It seems odd that he would text a lot but not initiate plans to meet you.

• Author
More details needed:

1) How did you meet?

2) Do you know what he does for work? (ie is he working all day?)

3) Do you have plans to meet?

It seems odd that he would text a lot but not initiate plans to meet you.

Online dating. He works nights but has been off this week. We haven't made plans to meet yet it's still early.

Online dating. He works nights but has been off this week. We haven't made plans to meet yet it's still early.

What do you mean it's still early? If you were ok with exchanging your phone numbers then you should be ok to meet. If he was off this week it was the perfect time to meet. If he didn't offer it than he's up to no good and is probably in a relationship. We're Saturday morning if you have no offer to meet over coffee this weekend, he hiding something from you again he's probably in a relationship. Monday he'll start working night you'll be working days, that's another 5 days without meeting. He's stringing you along, he's interested in a text buddy.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

How long have you been talking?

Sounds a bit off to me.

• Author
How long have you been talking?

Sounds a bit off to me.

About a week...he just text me this am..he was just getting off work... Idk guess we will just see what happens..

About a week...he just text me this am..he was just getting off work... Idk guess we will just see what happens..

Why don't you have a date to meet yet?

ExpatInItaly

If he hasn't asked about meeting in person, I wouldn't continue texting. What's the point?

• Like 2
He hasn't mentioned it nor have I... Should I make the first move?

No you should not.

Usually when you meet someone online you exchange phone number because you've set up a date to meet already. If you give your phone to just anyone wanting to chit chat on text you end up with a bunch of men only wanting to kill time, in relationships, luckywarm, opportunist looking for sex, etc.

• Like 1

Does he live in your area? Make plans to meet him or Skype asap. Make sure that he is who he says he is.

If he says anything but yes or tells you he's on his way out of the country, then you've got a catfish.

This might be a romance scammer in an internet cafe in Ghana or Nigeria. That explains the time lag.

• Like 1
  • Author
Does he live in your area? Make plans to meet him or Skype asap. Make sure that he is who he says he is.

If he says anything but yes or tells you he's on his way out of the country, then you've got a catfish.

This might be a romance scammer in an internet cafe in Ghana or Nigeria. That explains the time lag.

Lol bloody hell.....the things we do for love ?

Lois_Griffin
This guy I talk to only text me late at night....after 11pm. His messages are never asking to hang out and it's never anything sexual, we will sometimes text for hours having real conversations about work, family, and whatever else. I guess my question is is he just bored? Is he even remotely interested? Sometimes during texting he will call. But even if I text him during the day he doesn't respond. But will text later that night around midnight. I don't understand. TIA

He's probably working during the day - unless he's unemployed and his wife/girlfriend is also home during the day so he can't text.

Methinks he's texting after 11 pm because that's when his wife/girlfriend goes to bed.

Isn't it rude to text people back after 11 pm.

Unless he specifically explained why it's the only time he can text back and if it's ok for him to communicate with her that late?

I'd say it's not a big deal at this point. However, after he's taken you out a couple times, it's a red flag. Depending on what type of relationship you are looking for. Age plays a big part also; People with careers vs. peeps in college.

Just bc he texts at night doesn't mean he's necessarily in a relationship. Most people live their lives during the day, and almost everyone is free and done with their day at night. Maybe he's assuming that's when you'll have time to talk to him.

You won't know if he's interested or not unless he asks you out on a date within a week. Talk is cheap but actions scream.

• Like 1