Is it too far away?

I met a girl through a friend and got her number last friday.

We have been chatting throughout the week and saw each other very briefly on one of the days (both university students).

Now, my issue is that I want to take her out on a date, but the only really good time for both of us is the week starting monday the 7th. Thats when we have a week long break.

I've mentioned this and she seems really keen on meeting up, but i'm a little worried that it's far from now. I dont want her interest to diminish. I can see her now and then on campus I guess, but I'm just keen to go on a proper date with her.

Should I just wait? Is the 7th too far away?

Any Advice?

It's absolutely not too far away. Set the date up ASAP. That way you both have it to look forward to.. Trust me, it will get here sooner than you think. She obviously is interested based on what you wrote so it's not a problem that you're both busy until that week. If she's busy then she's not out there meeting other guys so nothing will diminish. If anything she'll look forward to it even more as a fun and exiting date after a busy couple weeks.

If you're worried about her forgetting about you then send her a text in a day or two and see what she's up to and how her weekend was or if she's got plans for Labor Day weekend. If you really want to sure things up then while you're texting her, tell her you're about to go into work but then ask "you gonna be around later tonight, I can call you after I leave work if so".

A phone conversation will help you form a more personal connection and it will also help you find out more about her so that when the date on the 7th comes you will have established a rapport with one another.