Did I ruin things with him?

nbizz1

Hi all,

Here is my situation. I was starting to see this guy, who was chasing me for about a month before I gave in to hanging out, which is unlike me because when I feel as though I have chemistry with someone, I tend to jump right in. Honestly, I wasn't too crazy about him, which is why it took a little longer than it did, but when I decided to I realized we actually hit it off quite well, not to mention that he was very handsome so it made it all that much better. The minute we started hanging out, we wanted to hang out every. single. day. So we hung out every single day, he took me for dinner, drinks, we ran errands together, laid out under the stars and every perfect thing you can think off. We live in New York, but he is from Hawaii, so he had made plans to go and visit for a month(August 7th to September 7th) which I was bummed about but I was happy that he was going to see his family and friends since he hadn't in a few years. Anyway, him and I text multiple times a day, even while he was away. He would text me that he missed me, he even told me to make a bucket list of everything I wanted to do and when he came back we would do anything I wanted. Anyway, there was this one particular day while he was away he wasn't answering my text and 10 hours had gone by and he still hadn't. They are behind 6 hours, but still when I woke up at 1:20AM here I freaked out and shot him a text "Are you alive?". We are comfortable together, so I've never had the feeling that I should hold back if I felt the need to text him. I was genuinely concerned because it wasn't like him to take that long to answer. Now, I freaked out just because the simple fact that him not texting me was bothering me so much, and I came to the realization that I was catching serious feelings, because I really don't give a crap when it comes to just anyone. When he did respond, his response was sort of short and not like him, and I felt this irrational, immature urge, to protect myself I decided to say "Maybe we shouldn't talk until your back." He said to me "I wasn't near my phone all day because I was at the beach, sorry." And I responded, "I just think it's for the best, don't you think?". In my head I also wanted to be giving him his space, and I knew that I couldn't be wondering what he was doing for a month straight, because it would drive me crazy. He then proceeded to stop answering me all together, in which I fell back asleep then woke up again apologizing for what I said. The next day he texted me a massive response saying he was sorry for leaving me out in the dust and teasing me that I deserve a night out drinking because I was crazy(he already knows I'm a little nutty) and it was fine, the next day it was fine too, but I could sense that he was a little leery to text me first, because of how I told him we should wait until he was back to talk again. Although I took back what I said, and apologized, I felt that I may have actually hurt him and shattered his trust in me. It has been two weeks and I have not texted him and he has not texted me. I am so lost and I feel so terrible because I feel as though I messed up something great because of my need to guard myself, that it came back and bit me. He will be back in a week and I know we will eventually speak again, because he actually lives down the street from me. I'm so scared that I messed it up with someone who was really into me and I'm worried it's done for good. He is an Aquarius and I am a Libra, I know Aquarius can be very stubborn and withdrawn when hurt. Thank you!