Should I stay or should I go??! (Kinda long)

amlove89

I met this girl in late February, what was suppose to be a one night stand turned into casual dating for nearly 3 months. (She is 21 & I am 25) I started growing more feelings for her than what she had for me during the first month. We decided that we'd date each other & let one another know if we hook up with someone else. & that would be the end of our dating. Two months in she ended up hooking up with another guy. I was really hurt about so I told her we couldn't be friends and that was the end. She was hurt by that, it was obvious. I ended hooking up with someone else & a week later I got back in contact with her. We had a conversation one night & ended up hooking up again. We continued talking for a few more weeks. She went out out of town for 2 weeks, we got a lot closer to the point where she was telling me she missed me and was much more emotionally pleasing to me. When she got back we hung out one night a day later we got into an argument & I said some nasty things behind her back to a mutual friend. The friend went back & told her, from then on she was ice cold to me. I tried to talk to her about the way she was acting towards me but she gave me nothing & kept saying that she wasn't emotionally enthusiastic about our relationship. I apologized a few weeks later (I went on vacation) & she responded but not in a forgiving way.

From then on I decided to leave her alone. I did not text her at all for four months. She liked a picture of mine on Instagram & came into my job(knowing I was going to be there) during that time but I decided not to talk to her. After these four months rolled by, & slowly was able to, emotionally, let go of what happened & I started talking to other people.

Two weeks ago she re-added me on snap chat. She snapped me a few times & I didn't respond for the first week, Until this week. We ended up messing back & fourth on snapchat, & to my surprise she apologized for the way she treated me. She said she was truly apoligetic & she had no valid excuse for acting cold towards me. She mentioned that she wanted to be friends with me. I accepted her apology & agreed to be friends.

Although our relationship was very short, it had been the first time I dating anyone in 5 years. I understand now that it was done all wrong & I shouldn't have settled to casually date anyone, especially if I am not an avid dater.

My dilemma now is that, for the most part I am over what happened, but I still miss her occasionally. I know that if we actually hang out I run the risk of us hooking up again & she hurting me again but possibly worst the next time.

I low key want to end the communication between us now so I can really just keep moving on. But I don't know what to do.

Any insight is helpful!

If you deep down want to end communicating with her then you have all the power to do that. If she snapchats you then simply don't send her anything back. If you don't want her to know you opened it then just don't open it and it'll just appear that you're busy. You're doing a great job by recognizing that you should never have settled for a casual relationship with her and won't make that mistake again.

As you've seen... Once you go no contact and leave a girl behind, eventually that intrigues them and they want to reach out and see if they could still get you back if they wanted. Know this ahead of time. Being friends with her won't work... You know that eventually you'll end up hooking up. That'll just start the whole drama back up again.

• Like 1