So ex just texted me this.... why????

walkingonair

walkingonair

Ex just texted me saying " idk if you hate me cause you didn't respond to my last few messages but i'm doing really well and i hope you are too"

Why did he have to text me that guys??? I feel so sick now Why is he telling me that he's doing good?? doesn't he know that would hurt me :(

• Author
walkingonair
Why ignore his prior texts?

Because we dated for a year and he suddenly moved for no real reason and i'm hurt. I can't talk to him. I don't want to be his friend. I don't do friends with benefits.

• Author
walkingonair
I would say it's looking more like he is looking for breadcrums...

:( I don't get why he had to tell me he's doing really good :( Like he did it to hurt me or something :(

:( I don't get why he had to tell me he's doing really good :( Like he did it to hurt me or something :(

He is just trying to get a reaction from you. I'd block his number.

• Like 3
  • Author
walkingonair
He is just trying to get a reaction from you. I'd block his number.

oooh I understand... Yes I will even though it's super hard. Thank you so much for your answers guys!!!!

• Like 1
Versacehottie
I would say it's looking more like he is looking for breadcrums...

I think he's looking for the ego boost and comfort that comes from sending a few breadcrumbs in your direction.

Plus wasn't his attempt to contact you liking some of your instagram posts? That's a weak attempt to contact if I ever saw one and convey an apology. Maybe there were a few actual texts or voice mails, i don't remember. Anyway. If you don't want to be in contact, don't reply to the text.

BTW, i think people sometimes say they are doing well not to hurt you but to make it more enticing for you to reply. It's better than him coming from a negative or needy place with his message. Don't read too much into the content of that message. Wait until he says something, like a heartfelt apology or explanation, that has you truly debating whether or not to reply. This is just a sad, little unmotivating breadcrumb.

• Like 1
  • Author
walkingonair
I think he's looking for the ego boost and comfort that comes from sending a few breadcrumbs in your direction.

Plus wasn't his attempt to contact you liking some of your instagram posts? That's a weak attempt to contact if I ever saw one and convey an apology. Maybe there were a few actual texts or voice mails, i don't remember. Anyway. If you don't want to be in contact, don't reply to the text.

BTW, i think people sometimes say they are doing well not to hurt you but to make it more enticing for you to reply. It's better than him coming from a negative or needy place with his message. Don't read too much into the content of that message. Wait until he says something, like a heartfelt apology or explanation, that has you truly debating whether or not to reply. This is just a sad, little unmotivating breadcrumb.

Thank you for your answer! Yes I will only answer if he writes something meaningful and not just pointless words. He moved and I don't want to waste my time talking to someone who left me and moved. It just hurts when he says he's doing really good, him saying that made me cry. But deep down I also feel like he's just saying that to make himself look like he's fine without me. In the past he told me that he's terrified of rejection so I guess he doesn't wanna look vulnerable.

OP,

anyone who says, unprompted, that they're doing really well, isn't doing really well.

A secure, confident, kind and good man would let you go about your own business without rubbing a bunch of BS in your face.

Your ex is an a**hole. He's obviously butthurt that you ignored his texts and is trying to get "revenge". Don't allow him the satisfaction. Don't give him the time or energy of your tears. He's pathetic, so forget about him.

• Like 1
  • Author
walkingonair
OP,

anyone who says, unprompted, that they're doing really well, isn't doing really well.

A secure, confident, kind and good man would let you go about your own business without rubbing a bunch of BS in your face.

Your ex is an a**hole. He's obviously butthurt that you ignored his texts and is trying to get "revenge". Don't allow him the satisfaction. Don't give him the time or energy of your tears. He's pathetic, so forget about him.

Thank you so much for your answer! Yea it's weird how he said he's doing really good.... I never asked him how he's doing. I need to move on because I keep getting hurt every time he reaches out:( And I keep feeling guilt for ignoring him because I'm a very caring person and I never ignored people so ignoring him is tough and is making me feel like a horrible person even though I've done nothing wrong :(

Versacehottie
In the past he told me that he's terrified of rejection so I guess he doesn't wanna look vulnerable.

Most guys don't want to look vulnerable!! Especially not in this situation.

• Like 1
Versacehottie
Thank you so much for your answer! Yea it's weird how he said he's doing really good.... I never asked him how he's doing. I need to move on because I keep getting hurt every time he reaches out:( And I keep feeling guilt for ignoring him because I'm a very caring person and I never ignored people so ignoring him is tough and is making me feel like a horrible person even though I've done nothing wrong :(

Well you need to pull out your backbone. Nice and caring doesn't have to be extended in ALL situations. Only when earned. Don't be overly sensitive. I think he's within his rights to reach out. And you are within your rights to ignore it!!! Actually if anything it should be making you feel strong and empowered--that what you had wasn't a waste, you did meaning something to him and it's happening right in front of your eyes where you can show yourself that you care about yourself more than anything this guy will do to you. It's relatively harmless what he is doing reaching out. You don't sound like you are having doubts or torn about him, so just let it be the funny amusement that it is. He should have realized what he had when he had it. That's all. That should empower you and motivate you.

• Like 2
  • Author
walkingonair
Well you need to pull out your backbone. Nice and caring doesn't have to be extended in ALL situations. Only when earned. Don't be overly sensitive. I think he's within his rights to reach out. And you are within your rights to ignore it!!! Actually if anything it should be making you feel strong and empowered--that what you had wasn't a waste, you did meaning something to him and it's happening right in front of your eyes where you can show yourself that you care about yourself more than anything this guy will do to you. It's relatively harmless what he is doing reaching out. You don't sound like you are having doubts or torn about him, so just let it be the funny amusement that it is. He should have realized what he had when he had it. That's all. That should empower you and motivate you.

Awwwww thank you!!!!! You're right!! :)

• Like 1

You could be snarky and reply "I'm doing great, things are going sooo well for me right now! Thanks for asking." Then you could throw in a little tidbit about how you wish you could chat more but you're running late.

• Like 2

"Dude, get over your boner for me already. I don't have time for this ****. I'm running late for a get-together. Please stop contacting me."

Oh, that's along the lines of what *I* would say. You can just block him. If he were having such a wonderful life, he wouldn't keep reaching out to you.

• Like 2
Ex just texted me saying " idk if you hate me cause you didn't respond to my last few messages but i'm doing really well and i hope you are too"

Why did he have to text me that guys??? I feel so sick now Why is he telling me that he's doing good?? doesn't he know that would hurt me :(

Why isn't he on block?

• Like 1
He's texting because you are allowing it. BLOCK, DELETE, IGNORE.

OP, have you blocked him yet? You said a few days ago you were going to.

If you don't you will leave yourself open for more hurt.

It doesn't matter what else he writes, you need to move on, so just Block him already.

• Like 1