Dating a woman who has slept around....

harkkam

I'm not in the situation right now, but when I think about it, a part of me doesn't want to know how many men my date or gf has slept with.

I'm a 29 y.o male in a major metropolitan area

More importantly what matters is if she had lots of one night stands and was a party girl.

If I was a woman I wouldn't be comfortable with a guy who had heaps of women that he slept with either.

We all like to have sex on the third or forth date, but if a woman has say 25-50 partners that's a problem.

I can usually tell by a woman's body language how sexually experienced she is, usually they are very confident and very independent and very good at using their body to attract other men like men these men are puppets on strings.

See as a man I love party women, because which guy doesn't like easy sex. But then for settling down and LTRs I like a more modest and more conservative woman

However this view presents a hypocrisy that I'm free to have sex with lots of easy club girls and have a high number yet I want my serious relationships to be with women with low numbers

So either I can:

A) change my perspective and be okay with women who also sleep around

B) change my own habits to not chase after easy bar tail

Even though I love easy sex, I wouldn't be living up to the principles I expect my future dates to uphold.

So I'll be picking option B

A woman who has sex with 15+ men is just a turn-off because I want to feel like I "won" her and she was a challenge and not dropping her panties for a free drink.

A woman can enjoy sex but in committed relationships just like me.

I'm not religious in the slightest but still feel sex shouldn't be like eating your favorite dish at a fast food joint.

I see all these women empowerment shows like sex and the city, feminism, putting women on a pedestal, encouraging women to use their bodies to satisfy their ego and self esteem.

The more hearts she can break the more modern and you go girl praise she gets.

But this is just the same form of encouragement guys get when guys get together and say "yeah bro I banged her" and "I ****ed her fast" or "she was easy"

I'm not saying sex is bad I think it's great I just don't like the kind of person the guy or gal become because I would never find a party girl suitable for anything more than a ONS.

Biologically I want to go off to an island beach party and sleep with as many women as I can but then I'll be becoming what I don't like.

I'm 29 and I've slept with 11 women. Not too high.

But I'm reading stories of women who lie about their number or have numbers as high as 30 or 40 and it's just disgusting

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Edit link and remove the word 'dumpster'.

You've slept with 11 women and you don't think that's disgusting.

Where exactly is the 'disgust' threshold then?

What would you do if you met a woman who thinks that 11 is disgusting?

• Like 17

40 is high? lol

Everything is relative. If she started dating at 18 and she's 28. If she has 20 partners that makes 2 partner per year. That's pretty conservative for someone single.

I much prefer being with someone who's been around and got it out of his system and is now ready to settle than being with someone with a low number and while we're together he's haunted by being with other women and wonders what he's missing out there while he's with me.

• Like 6
You've slept with 11 women and you don't think that's disgusting.

Where exactly is the 'disgust' threshold then?

What would you do if you met a woman who thinks that 11 is disgusting?

That's why I always lie and say I'm a virgin when asked about my number. :cool:

• Like 2
  • Author
40 is high? lol

Everything is relative. If she started dating at 18 and she's 28. If she has 20 partners that makes 2 partner per year. That's pretty conservative for someone single.

I much prefer being with someone who's been around and got it out of his system and is now ready to settle than being with someone with a low number and while we're together he's haunted by being with other women and wonders what he's missing out there while he's with me.

She may be in a relationship with a guy from 18-25 for example, then she goes on a tear and sleeps with 12 guys for 8 months and treats sex like a joke, cue valley girl voice "like omg did you see Brandon, I would **** his brains out on the table right now if I could" vs a woman who is like "hey Brandon is cute and I'd like to date him"

It's the attitude toward sex and not the actual number really.

10 vs 15 doesn't make a difference it's how she went about it

This modern women sex and the city type empowerment is disgusting to be frank and has gone to far.

Women are not men and should not act like men when talking about sex.

• Like 1

Why don't we all wear our number on our foreheads? Slut shaming and stud praising would be so much easier then. Just sayin'

Or maybe we just become mature and secure enough not to ask about these things. Really, unless someone was a virgin or had made a profession out of it why would you even care?

Edited by Jj66
  • Like 10
Lois_Griffin

How quaint.

But I'll bet you're one of those guys screaming and hollering about how women should pay for half the date because of 'equality.'

I guess you use the equality argument when it BENEFITS you.

Got it. :rolleyes:

• Like 14

A possible promiscuous woman is a very valid concern for a man potentially wanting her as a girl friend or more.

Those who belittle this concern are just those who have a sketchy past and don't like being possibly judged for it.

They're funnily enough, happy to judge men on other things but of course, that's acceptable!

Everyone's past is an indicator of who they are, man or woman.

Every man (or woman) should he able to discontinue or discard someone if they're not happy with their promiscuity. It just so happens that sleeping around is more attractive to women than it is to men.

Having said that, if the OP is happy to sleep around then he can't complain if women like to as well. That'd be hypocritical.

• Like 12
  • Author
A possible promiscuous woman is a very valid concern for a man potentially wanting her as a girl friend or more.

Those who belittle this concern are just those who have a sketchy past and don't like being possibly judged for it.

They're funnily enough, happy to judge men on other things but of course, that's acceptable!

Everyone's past is an indicator of who they are, man or woman.

Every man (or woman) should he able to discontinue or discard someone if they're not happy with their promiscuity. It just so happens that sleeping around is more attractive to women than it is to men.

Having said that, if the OP is happy to sleep around then he can't complain if women like to as well. That'd be hypocritical.

Nailed it bro.

• Like 2
  • Author
How quaint.

But I'll bet you're one of those guys screaming and hollering about how women should pay for half the date because of 'equality.'

I guess you use the equality argument when it BENEFITS you.

Got it. :rolleyes:

I don't really care how old fashioned or quaint an idea may be, the fact people used to feel like this does not invalidate how I feel.

I believe:

-Man should pay for first two dates

-Man should help with chores equally

-That who makes more money doesn't matter

-Who does the cooking and cleaning doesn't matter

-Man can be a stay at home guy and take care of the children

So no equality has no bearing on the fact that women are being raised to treat sex like its another thing to consume and throw away.

Sorry....

• Like 1
Penguin_hugs

Why do people have to ask? Surely that's a private thing. I think if I knew my BF's number then I would just obsess about it!

When he asked me to be his GF, he told me he'd had 2 girlfriends when he was 18 and another for about 3 years after that- but they had broken up about 18 months before we met. I don't need to know any more details. That's his private life.

I told him I had dated but never had a BF. He never once asked me about whether I had slept with these people. I'd fooled around but never sex- butI never had to specifically say that to him.

Why does it matter? The number of partners doesn't influence sexual prowess. You might have had 10 ONS in a year or a partner for 10 months- where I expect you would have had sex a lot more than that!

I reckon you should stop asking dates. It shouldn't influence the relationship between the two of you

• Like 5

Nah. OP is roughly my age has screwed ten times more peoplle than I have, should I call him disgusting?

• Like 6

I do not believe any women wants a manwh*re for a serious long term relationship any more than a man wants a promiscuous woman.

That myth is peddled around by men who feel that despite their large numbers, they are still perfectly entitled to a woman with a low number.

"YOU are a sl*t, but I merely sowed some wild oats.

I am allowed to do that, and I NEED to do that, as I am a man."

:sick:

• Like 8
Clarence_Boddicker

As long as someone is clean & is in a committed relationship, I don't understand the obsession with the past. How do you even come up with a threshold for being disgusting? Is there a formula or app for that?

• Like 3
  • Author
Sounds like you've got a fetish for numbers OP. Are you an accountant by any chance?

Lmao yes actually!

• Like 1

Why?

Why is a sexually assertive woman disgusting but not a man?

How is her number any indication of how she will conduct herself in a relationship?

I've had my phase of casual sex and my number would have your eyes fall out of your head, yet, when I am in a relationship I am totally devoted and loyal and I don't even lay my eyes on other men. My longest relationship was 15 years.

What's your theory again? that a promiscuous single woman is also a promiscuous woman in a relationship? You may want to revisit that theory.

• Like 6
  • Author
I do not believe any women wants a manwh*re for a serious long term relationship any more than a man wants a promiscuous woman.

That myth is peddled around by men who feel that despite their large numbers, they are still perfectly entitled to a woman with a low number.

"YOU are a sl*t, but I merely sowed some wild oats.

I am allowed to do that, and I NEED to do that, as I am a man."

:sick:

Yes I agree with this

Not fair for a man to sleep around and then expect the woman not to

I'm saying hookup culture sucks

• Like 1

Honestly, before I married, there's no WAY I would have touched someone who had slept with 11 women because I was a virgin.

If you have slept around, you don't get to have an opinion about the woman's sexual past.

• Like 4
  • Author
Why?

Why is a sexually assertive woman disgusting but not a man?

How is her number any indication of how she will conduct herself in a relationship?

I've had my phase of casual sex and my number would have your eyes fall out of your head, yet, when I am in a relationship I am totally devoted and loyal and I don't even lay my eyes on other men. My longest relationship was 15 years.

What's your theory again? that a promiscuous single woman is also a promiscuous woman in a relationship? You may want to revisit that theory.

Sorry I just don't like woman of your type and most men don't either just read any man forums and you'll know.

You do what you want I just don't want more and more women growing up with your attitudes which means less women men like me want to marry

Sorry I just don't like woman of your type and most men don't either just read any man forums and you'll know.

You do what you want I just don't want more and more women growing up with your attitudes which means less women men like me want to marry

Like me? You mean loyal, honest, understanding, patient, faithful to a fault... OK!

• Like 6
  • Author
Honestly, before I married, there's no WAY I would have touched someone who had slept with 11 women because I was a virgin.

If you have slept around, you don't get to have an opinion about the woman's sexual past.

I'm talking about the women in clubs who sleep with 40 guys in a year

If someone asked me how many people I've slept with, I would go for absolute honesty and say, "Not as many as I would have liked."

• Like 11