Excited to have a new girlfriend!

bluestealth

I've been dating a girl for three weeks I met on OKC and we both just decided to make it official! Today was our sixth date at her house where she made dinner and we watched a movie. We're actually a 99% match on OKC and thankfully that carried over into real life with amazing chemistry!

It's interesting how this worked out. I had messaged her on OKC about seven months ago and we chatted a little but she disappeared when I asked for her number. Just over three weeks ago she contacted me and we really hit it off. Evidently it was bad timing for her before since she was just ending a long term, long distance relationship. Ever since she contacted me recently we've been communicating a ton every day. We've literally been averaging around 50 texts per day between us with her initiating most of the time! We've had six amazing dates and I've already met her whole family and even know all of her pet's names! By the second date we had our first kiss and she was inviting me in and I met her dad (she lives with her parents). By the third date I'd met all of her family and had long conversations with them and we get along really well! By the fourth date we were making out very heavily and have been since (it's not escalated since we're both not wanting to rush that). It seems like it's moved fast but we're an excellent match. I'm 30 and she's 25 and she's actually my first real GF. For various reasons I wasn't interested in dating until I hit 29, so it's been a high learning curve. I've mostly relied on OLD, which has been a struggle for me until recently. She was the fourth girl I'd met online and luckily she turned out to be a special one!

• Like 1

oh my gosh! She is really fast tracking this relationship especially considering she just ended a long one! Be very cautious. It seems like you are the rebound and she is quickly trying to replace what she recently lost to avoid the hurt.

Disaster

• Like 7

OK, it's nice that you feel you have found a good match.

But really, this screams too much too soon - kind of ironic when you are saying

"it's not escalated since we're both not wanting to rush that"

but you are rushing it in every other way.

I'm guessing that maybe you feel this too, which is why you are posting?

50 texts a day isn't sustainable - or healthy in my opinion.

Try to take things a little slower, and not get too wrapped up into all this. Remember you still have an existence outside of this budding relationship!

• Like 2

I understand you, OP. When I got into my relationship a year ago, i really wanted to tell everyone how happy I was. Still do, it's such a wonderful feeling! Good luck to you, hope it works out!

• Like 6

It's great to hear that you're happy, but just be careful. Reminds me of a recent situation of mine where I gave too much of myself too fast and got burned. She was coming out of a relationship and I'm pretty sure I was a rebound.

• Author

Yeah, I really just wanted to post this because most of the threads on here are about negative experiences (including many of mine). I thought it'd be good to post something happy and positive for a change! We're both fairly conservative, religious types so that's why we're not rushing into escalating things physically, which I think is a good idea anyway. Her previous relationship lasted about 3 years but it's been several months and he's moved far away. She still has a few older pictures of them on FB but she isn't FB friends with him. She told me she had moved on and that it was the best thing for her to do. Even if she did have some emotional baggage from her last relationship, I think it's best for me to focus on making things between us stronger rather than having a mindset of caution.

• Like 5
I've been dating a girl for three weeks I met on OKC and we both just decided to make it official! Today was our sixth date at her house where she made dinner and we watched a movie. We're actually a 99% match on OKC and thankfully that carried over into real life with amazing chemistry!

It's interesting how this worked out. I had messaged her on OKC about seven months ago and we chatted a little but she disappeared when I asked for her number. Just over three weeks ago she contacted me and we really hit it off. Evidently it was bad timing for her before since she was just ending a long term, long distance relationship. Ever since she contacted me recently we've been communicating a ton every day. We've literally been averaging around 50 texts per day between us with her initiating most of the time! We've had six amazing dates and I've already met her whole family and even know all of her pet's names! By the second date we had our first kiss and she was inviting me in and I met her dad (she lives with her parents). By the third date I'd met all of her family and had long conversations with them and we get along really well! By the fourth date we were making out very heavily and have been since (it's not escalated since we're both not wanting to rush that). It seems like it's moved fast but we're an excellent match. I'm 30 and she's 25 and she's actually my first real GF. For various reasons I wasn't interested in dating until I hit 29, so it's been a high learning curve. I've mostly relied on OLD, which has been a struggle for me until recently. She was the fourth girl I'd met online and luckily she turned out to be a special one!

The both of you are rushing this. A woman is not your girlfriend after 6 dates, even if you "think" she is. Give this more time and space. You are definitely still in the "learning curve". Just because you've met her family doesn't mean you are a shoe in. You met them because there wasn't much choice -- she lives with them.

I'm happy for you that you've found one that you think has potential at least. Let things unfold naturally. Manage your emotions and expectations for a while.

It's lovely that you are so happy but proceed with caution. It's very easy to get caught up in the emotional dizzying whirlwind that is the beginning of any relationship but you need to understand that you are in the HM phase & this pace can't last.

50 texts per day? Don't you work?

That would annoy me. Past 2 I want a phone conversation not more BS words on a tiny screen.

Since she disappeared on you for 6 months before coming back into your life with a flourish, I wouldn't be so quick to invest in her. I'd also be worried that I was plan B. Hopefully she really was taking her time to evaluate her life post break up but I'd be cautious.

I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on your happiness but if at 29 she's your 1st GF you don't have the right level of jading to guard your own heart.

• Like 1
  • Author
The both of you are rushing this. A woman is not your girlfriend after 6 dates, even if you "think" she is. Give this more time and space. You are definitely still in the "learning curve". Just because you've met her family doesn't mean you are a shoe in. You met them because there wasn't much choice -- she lives with them.

I'm happy for you that you've found one that you think has potential at least. Let things unfold naturally. Manage your emotions and expectations for a while.

Well, she is my GF after six dates and a relationship begins when both people agree to it which is what happened. I didn't have to meet her family just because she lives with them. She didn't have to invite me in, so she obviously felt comfortable enough with me to do that.

It's lovely that you are so happy but proceed with caution. It's very easy to get caught up in the emotional dizzying whirlwind that is the beginning of any relationship but you need to understand that you are in the HM phase & this pace can't last.

50 texts per day? Don't you work?

That would annoy me. Past 2 I want a phone conversation not more BS words on a tiny screen.

Since she disappeared on you for 6 months before coming back into your life with a flourish, I wouldn't be so quick to invest in her. I'd also be worried that I was plan B. Hopefully she really was taking her time to evaluate her life post break up but I'd be cautious.

I don't mean to throw a wet blanket on your happiness but if at 29 she's your 1st GF you don't have the right level of jading to guard your own heart.

Why should I be worried about being plan B? Neither one of us multi-date and by date three we both decided we didn't need our OLD profiles anymore. We're both looking for a long-term relationship.

• Like 2
Why should I be worried about being plan B? Neither one of us multi-date and by date three we both decided we didn't need our OLD profiles anymore. We're both looking for a long-term relationship.

By plan B I mean she wanted another guy, not you, and only when things didn't work out with her 1st choice did she come back to you.

I know she told you that she took the time from when you were chatting on line 7 months ago & when she came back 3 weeks ago to think about her life & her break up. You believe her. That is good because you know. I don't believe her. I think she spent at least part of that time waiting for her EX to come back or pursuing other men. When those guys who were her 1st choices didn't work out, then she returned to OKC. She saw old faithful you there, a nice guy, with limited experience & though gee he's still here so he probably doesn't have a lot of other prospects so it will be easy for me to date him. You may simply be a big ego boost for her.

I certainly have less info about your situation than you do & I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But please take a little bit of my skepticism to heart & make sure she's genuine before you really get hurt. At this point because it's soooo new I see your giddiness overwhelming your logical brain.

• Like 1

Don't rain on the man's parade !!

Blues has been looking for a long time. He's having a wonderful time. Not all successful relationships start with the same pattern of 1 call 1 date a week. So what if he was plan B. Many plans be turn into plan A for life.

• Like 8

Yeah, let him be happy! Don't be a bunch of Debbie Downers. And if he gets hurt, he gets hurt... It's nice to feel excited.

Edited by BluEyeL
  • Like 4
We've had six amazing dates and I've already met her whole family and even know all of her pet's names!

Dude, how many pets does she have?

• Like 1
Don't rain on the man's parade !!

Blues has been looking for a long time. He's having a wonderful time. Not all successful relationships start with the same pattern of 1 call 1 date a week. So what if he was plan B. Many plans be turn into plan A for life.

Yeah, let him be happy! Don't be a bunch of Debbie Downers. And if he gets hurt, he gets hurt... It's nice to feel excited.

I am all for it & hope it works out. But I also believe in seatbelts, air bags & motorcycle helmets.

It seems fast to me & funny. Because he has very limited experience, I am simply urging caution. It's easy to get caught up in . . . well, the Romance of it all.

fitnessfan365

The one thing that seems weird to me is that she flaked on him seven months ago. Then she comes back out of the blue and is suddenly in a relationship after three weeks of dating.

If it were me, I would have proceeded w-more caution since she came back out of nowhere.

• Like 2
The one thing that seems weird to me is that she flaked on him seven months ago. Then she comes back out of the blue and is suddenly in a relationship after three weeks of dating.

If it were me, I would have proceeded w-more caution since she came back out of nowhere.

I did that once.

I met man A and B at the same time. They were both interesting to me. I picked man A and let man B go.

I dated man A for a year and turns out he was a commitment phobe. Through this relationship I thought I had made a real bad choice and should have picked man B.

After I broke with man A I contacted man B.

Man B and I dated for a few months. He was indeed a much better choice for me. He's the one I should have picked from the beginning.

fitnessfan365
I dated man A for a year and turns out he was a commitment phobe.

If you and him dated for a year, that doesn't seem like commitment phobia. If he was commitment phobic, wouldn't he have bailed long before that?

Still sucks for "man B" though in that you came back a year after the fact to want to date him when you originally turned him down. If a woman did that to me, I'd turn her down on principle even if I was single at the time.

If you and him dated for a year, that doesn't seem like commitment phobia. If he was commitment phobic, wouldn't he have bailed long before that?

Still sucks for "man B" though in that you came back a year after the fact to want to date him when you originally turned him down. If a woman did that to me, I'd turn her down on principle even if I was single at the time.

Man A did not introduce me to his children (adults), any of his friends, none of his family and did not want to meet anyone in my life either and this after a year dating. Commitment phobe or married, you can call it anything you want :-)

I guess I had made a good impression on man B. Of course I did not tell him the year before I had picked a different man! I just told him it was a bad timing for me and I was open to seeing him again.

• Like 1
  • Author

When we first chatted 7 months ago she said she was in the process of ending a LTR and that online dating seemed scary to her. We didn't message very much and I just think she wasn't ready to move forward with anything serious at that point. I don't see it as a plan B or second choice situation as much as a matter of the right timing. What really matters is that we met in person and had great chemistry. Her family likes me and she wants to meet mine. Proceeding with caution means what exactly? Maybe we could've continued going on more dates for a while, but then she might've been wondering why I wasn't being more committed. I saw no downside to making things official. BTW, she has two cats and a dog she babysits lol.

• Like 4
Versacehottie

I'll admit I haven't read all the posts, just scanned over. Congratulations. And it IS nice to read a good story on here. No need to let other people overanalyze that's not what you were asking for here. Enjoy everything now and IF you need advice in future you can come here to solicit it. Keep the good stories coming.

• Like 4
BronzeAgeJaeger217

First real girlfriend? Define "real" in your perspective