What is your idea of the perfect romantic day?

deadelvis

So we go on a lot of picnics and walks on the beach, dinner and a movie etc. But I'm trying to brainstorm other romantic ideas for dates or outings together. We do all the classic romantic stuff like lay on our backs and watch the stars, hold hands and watch the sunset. But I'm looking for new ideas of really romantic things we can do together. I've had a hard time finding a rowboat and a lake full of swans but I'm not giving up yet. What would be YOUR idea of the most romantic way to spend a day/night together?

So far we do all these:

Picnics in the park

Sunsets on the beach

Watching the stars

Staying at my cabin in the woods

Browsing the vintage shops downtown

Dinner and a movie

Reading to her at night

Ice cream at the boardwalk

Home cooked candlelit dinners

(I want to take ballroom dancing classes together but she's been having health problems which prevent this)

To the women out there... what would be your dream date? The most romantic day you could possibly imagine?

Edited by deadelvis
  • Author
24 hours of hot, sweaty, passionate, endlessly multi-orgasmic sex. :D

Obviously that's my favorite way to spend a weekend, but I really want to expand my Gosling to include more unique romantic outings.

• Like 1
usernametaken
24 hours of hot, sweaty, passionate, endlessly multi-orgasmic sex. :D

Right, but with a few snack breaks here and there.

My bf works weekends ...so can't do this much anymore, but we love to take day trips. Drive up the coast or the mountains, stopping along the way at quaint little hole in the wall restaurants ...they have the best food!

Either that or just hanging out in bed all day, watching old movies, having sex, munching on snacks ...just a happy lazy day .....those are the best!

In my opinion it's not what you do that's important ....but who you're doing it with.

Hope that helped.

• Like 1

If enjoy each other, then almost anything do together should qualify as such. Beyond that forget the plastic romance card tropes, thoughtful personal things.

My most favorite moments with a man is when are connecting, just he and I, with no other distractions, and we're both into it and want it to last forever...

PrettyEmily77

BF left work early to pick me up from mine b/c my car was at the garage and he drove me to my parents' without me having to ask b/c he knew I was worried about my mum's health. It wasn't really fun as such, but I thought it was very romantic.

Little thoughtful gestures are what gets me, and I return them too.

• Like 1
  • Author

We've been really busy a lot but when we do have a day together we really try to make the most of it and get in as much romantic alone time as possible.

The perfect dates that I recall with my man (married 18 months) include live music and/or museums.

Here in San Francisco, we are lucky that a lot of museums have live music nights (Friday nights at the DeYoung or organ concerts on Sunday afternoons at the Legion of Honor). For me, the combination of the two - great art with live music - is the perfect combination and always makes me feel that much more romantic.

We keep an eye on a few websites which announce live music in little-known revues (galleries, churches, small restaurants) versus large clubs or concert halls.

• Author

My absolute favorite SF date is the Palace of Fine Arts... something about that place just oozes romance.

Then maybe dinner at Burma Superstar...

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm a Mandalay Bay girl. Less of a line....

Never been. I'll try it next time. I guess I'm going a bit OT, but SF is an amazing city for romance. Exploring the "hidden stairways of SF" is a great date experience. Or the conservatory of flowers... LA has a few great ones too like seeing movies at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Edited by deadelvis