Over thinking??No reply and it feels like ****..

QueenDafine

QueenDafine

Okay I know I'm probably over thinking all of this but honestly things are feeling so hard on me atm with this guy. He's not just any other guy, we dated but before that he was one of my closest and one of my best friend's. I haven't seen him in 3 months but it ended due to alot of communication issues. The thing is we've talked almost daily for a month now, even though I kind of disliked it I still went along with it because I really haven't lost any feelings for him and at the same time I didn't want to keep talign to him because I can't get over him that way.. I know and he's admitted he still has feelings for me but we probably aren't going to act on it until we see each other next, which is about a month away. I hate him so much right now for what he's done to me to be honest, since we broke up (4 months ago). So basically I had motor gotten over him after 2 months of NC until he messaged me saying he still had feelings and he was sorry. We got into a huge fight but ended up resolving it. Then we started talking normally, like friends. And stupidly, in the back of my mind I got hope back that we might still be able to be together. Well nope something happened that really hurt me and I decided to go to NC and just ignore him. After several texts and calls 2 weeks later I did something stupid and caved in all over again and responded. Now I think I'm paying for it all over again because I just don't seem to learn that by keeping in contact I just get more angry and hurt and pissed off with him and myself. So the thing is last week was my birthday and wrote a paragraph saying he hoped I had a good day blah blah blah also saying he was "sorry for everything" with hearts and kissy faces and yeah. I replied back saying thankyou and that he was a good friend.. Soo he hasn't replied back since and it's messing me up. He saw the message though only 2 minutes after I sent it. I decided not to say anything else because if he wants to talk to me he will, I'm not going to give him any attention if he doesn't want to for me. Why bother. It's killing me though and I can't stop thinking about it and I feel so dumb and hurt (just because he didn't reply!?). Maybe it's because I feel like he won't ever reply or talk to me again. I dont even know if he could be annoyed with the fact that I said he's a good friend, or waiting for me to get back to him or paying me back for ignoring him for two weeks. It's weird for him to just start ignoring me like this and im not prepared for it that's all... I'm really sad right now and it just sucks..

You are wayyy over thinkin this and over analyzing it excessively. First of all he's not ignoring you. He is the one that texted you happy birthday. Then you replied thanking him. That's the end of the conversation. Did you ask him a question in your reply? If so then that's another thing however if all you said was thanks and that he's a good friend then that's a close to the convo.

I think you were hoping that after you thanked him he would text back and start a deeper convo but this was simply a happy bday text. Not a "let's talk and work things out kind of text.

I'd also stop saying things like "you're such s good friend" to him. You're doing that purposely and try and get a rise of reaction out of him. Hoping he'll say "I'm just a friend to you?! What if I want to be more than friends?".... You're sabotaging yourself and literally telling him the opposite of what you want.

introverted1
Okay I know I'm probably over thinking all of this but honestly things are feeling so hard on me atm with this guy. He's not just any other guy, we dated but before that he was one of my closest and one of my best friend's. I haven't seen him in 3 months but it ended due to alot of communication issues. The thing is we've talked almost daily for a month now, even though I kind of disliked it I still went along with it because I really haven't lost any feelings for him and at the same time I didn't want to keep talign to him because I can't get over him that way.. I know and he's admitted he still has feelings for me but we probably aren't going to act on it until we see each other next, which is about a month away. I hate him so much right now for what he's done to me to be honest, since we broke up (4 months ago). So basically I had motor gotten over him after 2 months of NC until he messaged me saying he still had feelings and he was sorry. We got into a huge fight but ended up resolving it. Then we started talking normally, like friends. And stupidly, in the back of my mind I got hope back that we might still be able to be together. Well nope something happened that really hurt me and I decided to go to NC and just ignore him. After several texts and calls 2 weeks later I did something stupid and caved in all over again and responded. Now I think I'm paying for it all over again because I just don't seem to learn that by keeping in contact I just get more angry and hurt and pissed off with him and myself. So the thing is last week was my birthday and wrote a paragraph saying he hoped I had a good day blah blah blah also saying he was "sorry for everything" with hearts and kissy faces and yeah. I replied back saying thankyou and that he was a good friend.. Soo he hasn't replied back since and it's messing me up. He saw the message though only 2 minutes after I sent it. I decided not to say anything else because if he wants to talk to me he will, I'm not going to give him any attention if he doesn't want to for me. Why bother. It's killing me though and I can't stop thinking about it and I feel so dumb and hurt (just because he didn't reply!?). Maybe it's because I feel like he won't ever reply or talk to me again. I dont even know if he could be annoyed with the fact that I said he's a good friend, or waiting for me to get back to him or paying me back for ignoring him for two weeks. It's weird for him to just start ignoring me like this and im not prepared for it that's all... I'm really sad right now and it just sucks..

This sounds like a mess. Odds are that he realises this is not a healthy interaction and has chosen to distance himself.

• Author
QueenDafine

No its just weird because exactly a week ago he was having a huge cry over the fact that I was ignoring him then he goes and does this. I said, "Thanks blah blah blah, you know you're like one of my best friends blah blah" I mean, he is like my best friend and he always has been? :( I wasn't trying to get a rise but yeah.. I think it's just hit me so hard because I wasn't expecting it and dealing with being ignored by him AGAIN brings back really sad memories and feelings. Like **** he wouldn't just ignore me out of the blue like this, there's a reason.. and I dont hate him, it's just the things he's done to me that he probably doesn't realize or does realize idk, that's what I hate. I can't even deal with this and I feel like this is the last straw for me..