Well Dear...Do I look like your personal assistant to YOU! I think NOT

imjustagirl

If you guys aren't aware by now....

My boyfriend and I work for the same company. Literally, down the hall from one another. I work in the computer department...his department fixes medical equipment.

He has sent me 5 emails today complaining about problems he is having with his "pc at work" and demands that someone come down and fix it right away.

Well, I'm sorry, and he knows this, he did NOT follow proper protocols to get s*** fixed. Either you call the help desk and see if they can resolve it over the phone, if not, they'll setup a priority work order and someone will look at it within an hour OR you setup your own work request and that is looked at within the hour also.

So, being the nice girl I was at 8:00 this morning, I setup a work order to have his stuff looked at, and someone did go down to "take a look at the problem." He knows I'm not his personal assistant. Just because he has "Connections" in Information Systems, he and his lil friends tend to think that if they send me a personal email, or call my work cell, that I'm immediately going to jump on their task, because "i'm soo in love"....bull f*cking s***. I have my own work load to worry about. Besides, I see it as a conflict of interest.

I'm so tired of them contacting me directly then, whining that either I never setup a task (they did this last week when I was out of the office SICK!) or that the person that came down to look at the problem didn't fix it right away.

Thing is, today, they're not finding a single thing wrong. He's never there when someone's there so they can see exactly what's going on and I'm the one that's getting grief from it from BOTH sides. My office is going "you're boyfriends an idiot, things are working fine." Then I get an email from him saying ****s still not working. I looked at the damn computer personally, and I saw nothing wrong, yet if I say this...it won't be good enough because it's not working for HIM.

Then I get THIS email which really, pissed me off....and I'm already having enough problems today as it is. (I've already gotten written up twice today....third times charm, good thing I'm taking tomorrow off...sad thing...so is he)

Email Sent to me by him:

I see a task got setup about my e-mail problem. Did you guys do anything about it. I called ____ and we traded e-mails back and forth. No problems there. Every on else is getting my mail. It has to be an issue here. The cable guy says they have .exe blocking as well so that can't be it. This is starting to be a nuisance. Please see if they followed up or just dropped it. I've tried to send the boss some important stuff that he never received.

Email Sent to him by me:

Yeah, they checked up on it....I even checked up on it. I worked w/ 3 administrators today for over 2 hours this morning trying to figure out what the problem could be....your emails are going through...people are receiving them. They're not being blocked for any reason. I told the head honcho to send you an email to explain what all we did, in-case my in-task explanation isn't good enough.

Hopefully by the end of the day, I'm still employed and still have a boyfriend......but at this rate, I'll be a single bumb.

tell him the problem he is having seems to be user related not equipment related. then tell him what ever the deal is, you do not know what it is, so he needs to start up at protocol square one..... isn't that what his or the it supervisor would say, "so when did you first notify us of the problem?"

"what do you mean you called your gf for a quickie favor? that is not how the chain of command goes"

tell him better to cover his butt and do things per the companies request, after all they do employ him.