OLD First Contact Email - What Should I Say???

LoveMachine67

LoveMachine67

Having reactivated both of my OLD profiles last week, I'm surprised to discover that I'm getting some decent women checking me out, finally. But it occurred to me that I have no clue what I should say to these lovely women in my first email???

Ladies, what are you looking for when a guy contacts you for the first time? How long is reasonable to expect a reply back, if she's interested?

My guess is that keeping it brief is best, and maybe referencing their profiles, so they see that I've actually read it.

Would love to hear any thoughts on initiating first contact on OLD.

I still think it's best not to look at who has viewed your profile.

I say just message whoever you feel attracted or drawn to.

As for what to say, say exactly what you feel and don't hold back, is my motto. Always be respectful of course. Say something passionate and genuine, but not sexual. Don't be scared. If she doesn't respond, you don't know her anyway, so no big deal.

• Like 1

My favourite emails are short, a few lines only, and reference something from my profile in a jokey way or a thing we have in common. This shows the guy has read my profile and is interested in me, at least to some extent. But he also hasn't spent a ton of time crafting the message, so then I don't feel too bad if I'm not interested.

If I receive a good message like that, I then check the profile and pictures. If it all works for me, I write back.

Whatever you do, please don't just write "hi" or "you're cute". Give me more to work with than that! But not paragraphs more, again, just a few lines is great.

• Like 3

As for what to say, say exactly what you feel and don't hold back, is my motto. Always be respectful of course. Say something passionate and genuine, but not sexual. Don't be scared. If she doesn't respond, you don't know her anyway, so no big deal.

Hum, OLD works a little differently for men then it does for women, popsicle.

Love machine keep it light hearted.

• Like 1
Tread Carefully

I like it when they ask or tease me about something in my profile.

At the end where it says Message Me If... I have several openings listed there. One of them is the first part of a Blonde joke. They have an opening to message me for the punchline.

I like it when they do that or choose something else because then I know they've read the whole thing. That always makes me smile and they always get a reply!

• Like 2
  • Author
LoveMachine67

Thanks Pops, I've been messaging a few of the ladies that have viewed my profile, as well as other's whose profiles have caught my eye.

• Like 1
Thanks Pops, I've been messaging a few of the ladies that have viewed my profile, as well as other's whose profiles have caught my eye.

Any luck with women who didn't view your profile?

• Like 1
  • Author
LoveMachine67

TBH Jay, I've been fighting and resisting turning to OLD like a child being forced to take medicine... :D

These are the first messages I've sent out this evening, for the first time since joining. So I will have to let you know how successful I am with approaching random profiles.

I've had several women initiate first contact with me, but they were not remotely close to what I'm looking for.

I like a simple back and forth conversation as if we met at the grocery store. Nothing long and too serious.

• Like 1
Hum, OLD works a little differently for men then it does for women, popsicle.

What does that mean?

• Author
LoveMachine67
Sounds about right. LOL

What sites are you using?

POF and Match.

I'm getting plenty of hits on POF, and women initiating first contact, but they are just not what I'm looking for, so far.

Match seems to have much better quality, and plenty of women checking out my profile, but no replies to any of my emails yet. It's only been a week, so I'm just sitting back to see how things play out.

• Author
LoveMachine67
Just have some good-looking pics and you'll be gold.

This is a problem. I need to get some decent current pics taken and put up on my profiles.

Over the next couple of weekends, I'll be working on this.

Thank you.

• Author
LoveMachine67

Ha NONE... Many don't even read the emails that I send.