Tried OKCupid again

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I decided to sign up on OKCupid again just to see what I see. It was probably the worst take I have ever had on it. During the first week or two I got messages from guys in their 20s who were looking for a FB. Even if they were perfectly honest about saying that's what they were looking for and I responded with a simple "hi how are you" I would never hear from them again.

This was also the website where I met the man who would treat me worse than anyone I have ever encountered online. We met, we were radiating this energy between us that said "I don't like you, you crazy man/woman", and we could not wait to get away from one another. When it was over, he literally walked away from me and said "Bye." I was blown away. But not even a connection to another human being in any way.

MC honey don't worry about it.

Seriously there is no point in trying to like everyone or have everyone like you...

Try another site... Try joining clubs...

Try singing A Ha songs...

• Like 1
lana-banana

There are creeps everywhere. The advantage of online dating is you can block the ones who bother you. Yes, I ran into jerks and creeps every day when I was dating online, but I also met a lot of wonderful men. Why let a couple bad apples spoil the experience? That's like refusing to go outdoors because you were bitten by a mosquito once.

• Like 1

I think the trick with OLD is to keep an open mind and have no expectations. Or at least very low.

Also, check your standards! I've dated men I met in real life I probably would not have given attention to in OLD...I think to people tend to blow up their standards out of proportion when OLDing.

• Like 8
startinganew777

Ha! I just posted a similar thread. I figured I would try online again too. Same flakey guys on there just like last time. What a waste of time. It really does suck. I feel for ya

How is your profile description?

It sounds silly but in the past few days I've been googling for suggestions and it turns out all my profiles have always been very very boring.

I didn't want to scare off anyone and all I got were the creepy awkward guys because the quality guys contacted the women with the better profile description.

How is your profile description?

It sounds silly but in the past few days I've been googling for suggestions and it turns out all my profiles have always been very very boring.

I didn't want to scare off anyone and all I got were the creepy awkward guys because the quality guys contacted the women with the better profile description.

This is a really good question. I online date and I recently ran across a friend of a friend on quickmatch on OkCupid. In real life this guy is super good looking and really nice, with a dry sense of humour. But his profile picture and description were awful! He looked and sounded so serious and boring. I actually screenshot it and sent it to my friend and told her to let him know his profile was weak and he's now working on it, haha.

All this to say it's a good idea to have others look at your pics and profile, to see if you are putting your best foot forward. And if you're not attracting the people you would like to attract, tweak until you start to get better results (without being misleading of course).

• Author
mortensorchid
OK, unrelated random question. A-Ha fan? ;)

You have guessed correctly. Yes I am.

• Like 1

Didn't like OLD. There are a lot of weirdos on dating sites so you have to sift through many strange and borderline retarded messages.

I knew it! I had the wildest crush on Morten, and I know he loved orchids, so I kinda put 2 & 2 together there. :) He still looks amazing!!!

• Like 1

My guess...you answer one too many TMI sex questions..

Go through them all, and unanswer any that refer to specific sexual acts or preferences...

In fact, reverse answer them, go prudish..."Yes, 14 sex partners is way too many!"

mystikmind2005

I tried OKCupid.

It is a well structured site, allot of fun, but very quiet for my area.

There were a few overseas women trying to talk to me which i usually ignore. And there were also a few 'student visa' holders hunting for someone to marry so they can stay in Australia.

I kind of felt sorry for the student visa holders because i can imagine all the guys lining up to take advantage of a desperate woman.... i did not!

POF, plenty of fish is definitely a better site in terms of number of available women in my area (Sydney Australia).

I tried OKCupid.

There were a few overseas women trying to talk to me which i usually ignore. And there were also a few 'student visa' holders hunting for someone to marry so they can stay in Australia.

I kind of felt sorry for the student visa holders because i can imagine all the guys lining up to take advantage of a desperate woman.... i did not!

POF, plenty of fish is definitely a better site in terms of number of available women in my area (Sydney Australia).

Try Oasis, especially if you like Asian woman...

And that is what matters!

With regard to the sex questions you can keep them private if you want to see if you "match" that way. Either that or don't answer them!

These sites are only as good as the people on them at the time.

Just shrug it off MC. Everyone is different so don't worry about it. So they are not for you. That is OK. There is no problem with that.

RebelWithoutACause

This was also the website where I met the man who would treat me worse than anyone I have ever encountered online.

When it was over, he literally walked away from me and said "Bye." I was blown away.

Mortensorchid, i'm wondering what made this encounter the worst you've had. It does sound unpleasant and a waste of time, but i've heard of worse horror stories.

I have never done OLD myself mostly because there are much more appealing things i'd rather do, like, for example, gauge my eyes out with a dull knife, but from what i understand you need to go into it with zero expectations and very thick skin. And on the plus side at least he didn't dismember you so give the guy some credit;).

Anyways, good luck with old.

• Like 2
Candygirljane
I tried OKCupid.

POF sucks in my area. A bunch of weirdos and geeks are on the site and lots of men are just looking for hookups. I got barrage messages on that site and I have met up with 2 guys, not many quality guys on that site, at least i haven't seen one, I deleted my account after few days. Ok cupid's much more better, I have met up with some charming guys and they look totally gorgeous in real life. But the most successful one is a big partier and player, he made that account cuz he wanted to hook up with more girl. Anyways, Ok cupid's my main site. Tinder? There are lots of flaky people on that site. But that's a good way to get more snapchat followers haha

OLD is all about money(jobs), looking, sexy bodies, chemical and how to sell yourself that's it. Same thing in real life. Never expect too much, if it happens it happens then.

Edited by Candygirljane
I decided to sign up on OKCupid again just to see what I see. It was probably the worst take I have ever had on it. During the first week or two I got messages from guys in their 20s who were looking for a FB. Even if they were perfectly honest about saying that's what they were looking for and I responded with a simple "hi how are you" I would never hear from them again.

This was also the website where I met the man who would treat me worse than anyone I have ever encountered online. We met, we were radiating this energy between us that said "I don't like you, you crazy man/woman", and we could not wait to get away from one another. When it was over, he literally walked away from me and said "Bye." I was blown away. But not even a connection to another human being in any way.

This is basically like 95% of my experience with OKC. I see a girl I might like, send out a cleverly crafted first message (or sometimes a simple one like hi how are you) and get nothing in response. Welcome to OKC, land of the flakey people just looking for an ego boost.

• Like 2
mystikmind2005
Try Oasis, especially if you like Asian woman...

i am on Oasis already! lol, it is slightly more active than OkCupid, but not as active as POF.

The problem with Oasis is that it has even less profile information as POF. If only those two sites had the profile information that OkCupid has, wow, that would be great!

The thing with online profile information, it is not about directly helping you find the one, you actually have to interact with someone to find that out, no, what it is about is a process of elimination - and the more information you get up front, the more profiles you can eliminate so you can find your way to the more suitable dates.

mystikmind2005
POF sucks in my area. A bunch of weirdos and geeks are on the site and lots of men are just looking for hookups. I got barrage messages on that site and I have met up with 2 guys, not many quality guys on that site, at least i haven't seen one, I deleted my account after few days. Ok cupid's much more better, I have met up with some charming guys and they look totally gorgeous in real life. But the most successful one is a big partier and player, he made that account cuz he wanted to hook up with more girl. Anyways, Ok cupid's my main site. Tinder? There are lots of flaky people on that site. But that's a good way to get more snapchat followers haha

OLD is all about money(jobs), looking, sexy bodies, chemical and how to sell yourself that's it. Same thing in real life. Never expect too much, if it happens it happens then.

Yes, and because of the hordes of asseholes on POF, by the time i come along and try to have a decent conversation with a woman, she is too defensive and gives half assed short one line answers repeatedly and i just give up and moved on.

Rejected Rosebud

This was also the website where I met the man who would treat me worse than anyone I have ever encountered online. We met, we were radiating this energy between us that said "I don't like you, you crazy man/woman", and we could not wait to get away from one another. When it was over, he literally walked away from me and said "Bye." I was blown away.

I'm confused - you met, you disliked each other and he left? I'm sorry it hurt your feelings and he sounds rude as heck! But you disliked him too!!

impatiently_patient
POF sucks in my area. A bunch of weirdos and geeks...

A lot of people like geeks, you know. Jus' sayin'.

mystikmind2005
A lot of people like geeks, you know. Jus' sayin'.

hhahaha

What is the difference between a fantastic guy (knight in shining armor) and a geek? Simple answer - confidence! that's it. (tweaked up possibly with a gym membership and contact lenses! lol)

Of course obtaining a bit of confidence for a geek is far easier said than done!

SawtoothMars
POF sucks in my area. A bunch of weirdos and geeks are on the site and lots of men are just looking for hookups.

SoCal people are just weird as a general rule. It seems to me that they have a huge number of shallow, self centered, narcissistic women. The men all seem like Peter Pan... douchebags who never want to grow up.

When I lived there, I almost exclusively dated Latinas. That is the only population of really good people in that area. My suggestion is to similarly check out the Latino guys.

mystikmind2005
SoCal people are just weird as a general rule. It seems to me that they have a huge number of shallow, self centered, narcissistic women. The men all seem like Peter Pan... douchebags who never want to grow up.

When I lived there, I almost exclusively dated Latinas. That is the only population of really good people in that area. My suggestion is to similarly check out the Latino guys.

You probably just need to learn to avoid the ones that are too pretty! lol

Exactly the same advice for the ladies too i guess