Does this man have deeper feelings for me? Says he will miss me.

sandy123

My male co-worker and I have been getting closer over the last several months. We work on different floors, but we see each other a few times a day. He usually initiates flirting and has asked me out to dinner and other activities. I have seen office romances go sour, so I have declined.

Last Friday, he told me that he would miss me over the weekend. I was surprised and asked him if that was so. He said "more than you know". He had a serious voice and face and then walked away.

I knew that he was attracted to me, but his comment seemed to be on another level. In addition, he often looks at me with googly / sparkly eyes, asks me whether I miss him when he travels on business - and seems concerned / really interested in my answer. He also gets jealous and curious about whether I am dating or interested in other guys.

Basically, I think he plays it off like he is only attracted to me and says that it is just harmless flirting. However, I really do think his words and responses seem like he has deeper feelings for me.

What do you think?

Well, he is certainly interested in getting to know you better. Whether this means he has deeper feelings or not is hard to tell. It just sounds as if he is being intense, trying to get across to you that he is interested and doesn't want to be laughed off.

• Author
The real question is how do you feel about him?

I think he's a good guy, and I could possibly see something down the line once I get to know him better.

He tried to act all flirty and that didn't work. So chances are he's trying a new approach, playing the emotional involvement card. It looks like it's working, too :).

Careful there. Very careful. Personally, I know RS can be very messy, and like you, I prefer to not have them at the office. Professional reputation comes first. How close are you two working together ?

• Like 1
  • Author
He tried to act all flirty and that didn't work. So chances are he's trying a new approach, playing the emotional involvement card. It looks like it's working, too :).

Careful there. Very careful. Personally, I know RS can be very messy, and like you, I prefer to not have them at the office. Professional reputation comes first. How close are you two working together ?

Not at all

You turned him down yet he's still trying so I think he's very interested. Deep feelings? Hm.... doubt it, deep feelings come in time once you date and get to know each other, but he's definitely interested, so if you are interested in him then give it a go. Just make sure you are really interested, cause otherwise it's not worth causing a potentially difficult situation at work. If you're just so so on the matter, I'd make it obvious to him that it's not gonna go anywhere. Don't give him false hope, you know?!

Props to him for putting it out there and trying a little variety on you, rather than lamenting here about how he's too afraid to ask you out.

Most men are just after sex.

I've had many men do the same thing to me...and act super nice. They only saw me as good enough for sex. Not dating material.

Although if he's unattractive he may be genuinely crushing on you.

Sorry. I just have strong doubts over cute and desirable guys who show a strong interest. Cute guys who have options are usually super fussy and will typically a time super interested in women when they have no real interest aside from a booty call.