why do girls expect us to be their text buddy/friend?

fred123

my experience over the years with women has made me realise several things.

they expect us to be their friends and texting buddies even though they know we like them. But when they have been in that situation the girls alleyways tell me that if they like a guy and he doesn't like them back they slow down/stop writing him so much and move on.

then why dont they understand that we want to do the same and they dont like it when we just stop texting them?

can girls shed light on this?

UltimaWeapon

Based on my experience on this planet (24 years) and what I went through I can only tell you that they do this to keep you around- boost their ego- and know that things are good or "okay" between you two so they don't have feelings of guilt.

Here's a good example. This girl I was with back in 2013 for around 4 months- msged me last month after 2 years- stating she wanted to see me and she felt bad about everything and missed me and was not over me. AFTER 2 YEARS!

It ended because we could never be together (religion issues) she also would jump from guy to guy constantly.

They always come back - if you cut them off

• Author
Based on my experience on this planet (24 years) and what I went through I can only tell you that they do this to keep you around- boost their ego- and know that things are good or "okay" between you two so they don't have feelings of guilt.

Here's a good example. This girl I was with back in 2013 for around 4 months- msged me last month after 2 years- stating she wanted to see me and she felt bad about everything and missed me and was not over me. AFTER 2 YEARS!

It ended because we could never be together (religion issues) she also would jump from guy to guy constantly.

They always come back - if you cut them off

yh its crazy. i mean they have no problem friend zoning us but won't want to be in that position themselves. girl are very clever.

when i was much younger i was talking to a girl who i connected with and we got on well. talking a lot on messenger, text etc. i asked her about guys she had liked previously. she told me a bout a guy when she was in school who she liked and they were friends and she used to talk to him a lot every day on messenger . she told me that they were good friends or more than friends cos they used to go to the cinema. But when she found she didnt like him and he liked her friend she told me "he was an ******* and that she stopped/didnt write to him as much"

But its funny cos i talked to her a lot and liked her but she couldn't understand from my point of view that i was in the same predicament as she was previously but instead she was that "guy" to me. i dont understand if women are naive/thick or that they know but choose to ignore.

Hmm I've definitely noticed this pattern of texting/messaging the guy I'm currently interested in. No one else - at least not daily. And they reciprocate! Like, I might be confused in every goddamn aspect of the "relationship", but if we message each other EVERY day, then that's something, right? When interest fades on one side, then the other might take the initiative for a while, but it will naturally fade.. because you can't really have a one sided conversation. So my theory is, that daily messaging means mutual interest.

But I have a question right back to you - for guys, if you're texting a girl daily, does it always signal interest? Because so far, I've always noticed this pattern ONLY with the guy I'm currently dating/flirting with, and their side fades immediately when I call "friendzone", or we break up, or I find out there's someone else.. So is that a fair assumption? Since guys tend to be less chatty online, then I would assume that if you make that daily effort of asking her how she is or making small talk, that you're interested? Or could it also be a form of friendzone, or getting part of the girlfriend experience without the commitment?

fitnessfan365

Sorry OP, but this one is all on YOU.

These women aren't mind readers. So your biggest mistake is assuming they know what you want simply because you're talking to them. I mean have you ever just cut to the chase and asked them out on a date? That's how you communicate that you want more.

Remember, there is no law that says you have to make small talk w-a girl via texting. If she reaches out, you cut to the chase - "Hiya! When r u free for a date this week?" Just be direct and don't beat around the bush. If she's interested, she'll tell you and you lock down plans w-her. If she only sees you as a friend, she'll tell you. That's when you say "I'm not interested in friendship. But feel free to reach out if you change your mind". Then you simply stop texting with her after that. But all this beating around the bush you're doing w-endless small talk, isn't getting you anywhere but in the friend zone.

Edited by fitnessfan365

It depends how clear the guys intentions are. If I know he has feelings for me I will be the one going NC if he doesn't. If he just says he's "interested" I will just assume his interest wasn't that great to begin with and that it's not a problem for him to remain friends/text buddies.

It depends how clear the guys intentions are. If I know he has feelings for me I will be the one going NC if he doesn't. If he just says he's "interested" I will just assume his interest wasn't that great to begin with and that it's not a problem for him to remain friends/text buddies.

Can you elaborate what you mean?

Hmm I've definitely noticed this pattern of texting/messaging the guy I'm currently interested in. No one else - at least not daily. And they reciprocate! Like, I might be confused in every goddamn aspect of the "relationship", but if we message each other EVERY day, then that's something, right? When interest fades on one side, then the other might take the initiative for a while, but it will naturally fade.. because you can't really have a one sided conversation. So my theory is, that daily messaging means mutual interest.

But I have a question right back to you - for guys, if you're texting a girl daily, does it always signal interest? Because so far, I've always noticed this pattern ONLY with the guy I'm currently dating/flirting with, and their side fades immediately when I call "friendzone", or we break up, or I find out there's someone else.. So is that a fair assumption? Since guys tend to be less chatty online, then I would assume that if you make that daily effort of asking her how she is or making small talk, that you're interested? Or could it also be a form of friendzone, or getting part of the girlfriend experience without the commitment?

Yes as a guy if im texting a girl every day i like her. Why else would one invest so much time in messaging someone?!

And yes its normal for a guy to fade away after being friendzoned. You girls do the same also with guys you like. You girls dont like being friendzoned either!