"If she's hot and single she's crazy"

LivingDeadGrl

LivingDeadGrl

"If she's hot and single she's crazy" - I hate hearing this! I think it's complete BS. I am newly single and am far from crazy. Not saying I am "hot" but have been told so, and know I am not ugly by any means. Everyone has their own reasons for being single, I am sure some of them really are crazy... but I don't think it's a fair statement.

What are your thoughts? If you're a man, do you think this statement is true?

• Like 1

OP, perhaps it's said in an attempt to self-soothe when realizing/justifying that the "hot" chicks don't seem to be interested in them?

Mind you, I did say "Perhaps"...

• Like 7

if I'm honest yes there are exceptions to this but yes as a guy i generally think something is wrong or most likely i would never approach the hot single girl because tree would be no way she would be interested in me.

as a guy id think the girl is either really picky and dates hot amazing guys, or she is crazy and plays with guys feelings etc, or she onlygoes after the bad boys and not good guys.

there is something unusual for a girl to be hot and single and id be foolish to think that i just got lucky lol

Heck, even a normal looking girl being single garners the "something is wrong with her!" responses.

No, I don't believe it one bit.

• Like 1
"If she's hot and single she's crazy" - I hate hearing this! I think it's complete BS. I am newly single and am far from crazy. Not saying I am "hot" but have been told so, and know I am not ugly by any means. Everyone has their own reasons for being single, I am sure some of them really are crazy... but I don't think it's a fair statement.

It's just silliness. It makes ppl feel better to qualify and quantify and categorize others, so ....hence the needless explanation to begin with.

I get that with being unmarried sometimes. Not "crazy" specifically but the "something must be wrong" thing. Haha, if only they knew. :cool:

btw Phoe is definitely pretty, but she's not single, so she's not crazy. :p

It's just silliness. It makes ppl feel better to qualify and quantify and categorize others, so ....hence the needless explanation to begin with.

I get that with being unmarried sometimes. Not "crazy" specifically but the "something must be wrong" thing. Haha, if only they knew. :cool:

damn just my luck ?

Haha, welll I did spend 6 years single, and well, most of my adult life single. I had never heard of the "there's something wrong with a girl who's single" crap until I'd come to loveshack. TBH, before I came to LS, I did not think I was particularly out of the ordinary, I thought I just had a bit of odd luck.

Quite a few times when I would talk here about my dating struggles in the past while looking for advice, I got the "You must have a man voice" or "You must have screws loose" or "You must smell like a diaper bin".

Mmkay :lmao:

Although contact1 might say that I'm crazy ;):p at the very least, he'd say I'm quite silly!

"If she's hot and single she's crazy"

Opinions are like bellybuttons. We all have them.

As far as 'truth', IME, mixed bag so not true universally. Personally, based on personal interactions with various individuals throughout my 56 on this rock, I've seen no corollary between looks and mental or emotional stability.

However, having interacted with some more universally attractive women who did demonstrate remarkably unhealthy mental or emotional issues, whether admitted mental illness or noticeable addictions like alcoholism, their looks afforded them more cushion between everyday life and the abyss a less attractive person would experience. They could more easily make new friends, entice new lovers and generally more easily lubricate the skids of social interaction because, well, people respond, in general, favorably to a universally attractive person, hence the moniker 'universally'.

However, when I meet a 'hot' single lady and yup I've met a few, I have no preconceptions about their mental or emotional state. They're another human who reveals themselves over time, as time generally reveals all truths.

I've come to the conclusion that this is the reason why I'm still single. People believing that being hot and single means a woman is crazy.

haha!

:bunny:

• Like 3

"They" can think what they want.

Meanwhile, the hot, single woman is in no hurry to jump into a mediocre relationship. That would be crazy.

• Like 4

Interesting...is this a thing?

Hot and no ring = find out IF they're crazy. But I guess that's why I've never (recently) had a problem finding love interests. That philosophy essentially eradicates every person you find attractive from being a suitable mate.

Sounds like an excuse to give up.

• Like 1

I've dated my fair share of very attractive women, and unfortunately, yes, they were a bit crazy, to the point I had to dump them. That said, there are different types of crazy - crazy in the clinical sense and crazy in the sense that they don't mesh well with me - many were the latter - the reason that they were very attractive, is because they focused so heavily on their appearance...every conversation was about clothing, make-up, "do I look fat" - all stuff I don't care about. Those conversations generally spoke toward her mindset, which just didn't mesh well with me.

Sure, you can get the super attractive people that don't act like that, but they're going to be a whole lot harder to find, as if they're super attractive and are easy and fun to deal with/get along with, why would someone get rid of them? Basically, you only have one party that will realistically do the dumping, as opposed to a 50-50 split between who would do the dumping between the two parties...

So no, not hot girls are not intrinsically crazy, but they frequently have strong interests in categories that few guys have any real interest in...

• Like 1
Interesting...is this a thing?

It's probably a thing for people who overthink everything.

Or people looking for an exaplanation as to why the single hot woman will not date them.

etc etc

Basically I think anyone who is emotionally healthy will think 'Hey this girl is hot and single! Imma ask her out!'

• Like 1

hey, I am single and hot ;). And I am embracing my crazy side. And the more I embrace and accept the crazy side, the more men ask me out. There is a crazy strike in all people, men and women. Playing it down is not being true to yourself. Guess what's keeping you single, haha

hey world, this is me, batsh*t crazy, take it or leave it :D :D :D !

• Like 1
This reminds me of Barney's Hot/Crazy Scale in How I Met Your Mother!

I just watched that episode!

I remember my ex rating me as a 5 crazy and a 7 hot.

I was quite offended that he thought I was THAT crazy. Come on!!

I also refuse to believe there is any legitimacy to this because of all those cuckoo banana bat**** crazy people out there who seems to be always partnered up.

Oh, this ONE lady who is single is just far too insane to handle, but Susie over there with her nutty squirrel poop self is perfectly manageable? Okay!

Nope. Haha.

I've dated my fair share of very attractive women, and unfortunately, yes, they were a bit crazy, to the point I had to dump them. That said, there are different types of crazy - crazy in the clinical sense and crazy in the sense that they don't mesh well with me - many were the latter - the reason that they were very attractive, is because they focused so heavily on their appearance...every conversation was about clothing, make-up, "do I look fat" - all stuff I don't care about. Those conversations generally spoke toward her mindset, which just didn't mesh well with me.

Sure, you can get the super attractive people that don't act like that, but they're going to be a whole lot harder to find, as if they're super attractive and are easy and fun to deal with/get along with, why would someone get rid of them? Basically, you only have one party that will realistically do the dumping, as opposed to a 50-50 split between who would do the dumping between the two parties...

So no, not hot girls are not intrinsically crazy, but they frequently have strong interests in categories that few guys have any real interest in...

Hot? Maybe....but if they aren't after they scrape the paint off.... :confused:

Really beautiful people never talk about it or put a lot of effort into it. They just are. Same thing with money, or at least it used to be.

Natural beauty is what you want Vintage; natural can build a fire, mow the lawn, and triathlon and people still say Dammmmmmm. :)

It really bugs a lot of people if marriage isn't your main goal in life. If you're not like them or don't want to be, there must be something wrong with you, which is a sign of their immaturity at not realizing the wide diversity among people

• Like 3

it's not about marriage, it's about not being in a relationship, being solo, completely unattached. Being with someone is a lot more tolerable by society, compared to not having a man in your life at all.

• Like 1
I also refuse to believe there is any legitimacy to this because of all those cuckoo banana bat**** crazy people out there who seems to be always partnered up.

Oh, this ONE lady who is single is just far too insane to handle, but Susie over there with her nutty squirrel poop self is perfectly manageable? Okay!

Nope. Haha.

Oh, not only that. We all know that when a man says "his ex was crazy" it usually means "I treated my ex like absolute crap and she didn't accept it. Crazy b.itch"

• Like 3
Oh, not only that. We all know that when a man says "his ex was crazy" it usually means "I treated my ex like absolute crap and she didn't accept it. Crazy b.itch"

^ That's an excellent point in all seriousness. There's a socially acceptable, pejorative categorization of "crazy" for women that's not defined by actual mental illness but instead by being offensive and inconvenient - termperamental, outspoken, opinionated, etc. The same thing doesn't seem to hold true for men bc they tend to be lauded for those traits, altho men have their own stereotypical and subjective discriminatory challenges like being thought of as "gay" if they don't have GFs, etc.

• Like 1

crazy comes with emotional closeness, when on allows the other person close... dangerously close... so that the one might understand where and what the other partner's buttons are. of course, who ever resisted the temptation to not press one of them during an argument :)? Of course, crazy does usually come immediately after the button pushing... and as we all know, no one ever asks "but why oh why is that woman out of her mind like that?".

Most people stop at "yup... she's crazy. dodged a bullet there...". Easy :).