What should a woman wear on a movie date?

My date and I are going to the movies this weekend. I want to look attractive for him, but not too dressed up obviously. I don't want to wear jeans, would shorts and a cute top be ok?

Wear what Bobbi would usually wear and feels good in. Show your true nature. Last time I went to a movie-date I was probably over dressed. I had a wrap around dress with heels and I had curled my hair, mascara, lipstick etc. But that's ME. If a man likes a t-shirt/jeans kind of girl it ain't me. He better know asap, right.

So if shorts and nice top is your thing go ahead!

• Like 1

If it's warm out shorts, tank top and flip flops are fine or a simple maxi dress....the movies are air conditioned so you might want to bring a light wrap or hoodie that fits in your tote bag.

• Like 1
regine_phalange

I'd wear pants because I'm usually cold at cinemas (except outdoor ones). With a nice top. And strappy medium or high heel sandals. I'd rather pick darker coloured clothes because if I eat and drink at the cinema things can get messy. :o Oh, and a big soft scarf is always handy.

• Like 2
  • Author
I'd stay away from shorts for practical reasons - skanky public seating. :sick:

That didn't cross my mind! I never realized the seats might be a place for bacteria.

Summer dress. Nice top. Sandals or something easy to walk in. Look good and be comfortable at the same time.

I agree. Don't wear shorts. Movie theaters are notorious for being freezing cold. Wear something cute/casual. A nice pair of jeans, cute sandals and a cute top. Maybe bring a lightweight jacket along for in case you get cold. I know I'm a freeze baby so I am always cold at the movies.

Have fun! :)

• Like 3

As a guy, I have a solid preference for feminine wear like the summer dresses already suggested. Something light, airy, down to the knee, summer colors. Even though I do enjoy heels and the 'look', they can get problematical in dark theater stairs, as well as uncomfortable for some, so would lean more to flats or sandals. A light sweater to finish off, especially if the temp drop from outside to inside is substantial; around here it's usually 30 degrees F or more in summer. Don't ignore a bit of jewelry. My exW would often wear her pearls (necklace and ear studs) for movie dates and she looked smashing in them. Do what works for you. Enjoy the date!

Capris & a top with a sweater to guard against the frigid AC in the theater.

• Like 1

Movie theatre?

They are freezing!

Jeans, boots a T and a warm jacket or jumper..layers...

• Like 3
fitnessfan365

Bobbi,

You tend to over think A LOT. Even on little things like what to wear to a movie theater. My advice would be to learn to be more comfortable in your own skin and do what's right for you. Being yourself and not worrying so much about others think is what will ultimately attract a guy that likes you for you.

• Like 3
TouchedByViolet

Whatever makes you comfortable. Generally speaking movie dates are preceded or followed by another event. Dress appropriately for that.