My thoughts on an interesting video of guy approaching random women for dates.

Philosopher

Philosopher

Earlier today I came across this video in which a film-maker filmed his friend undertaking several cold approaches to women over an entire day to see whether dates can still be set up without resorting to online dating or dating apps.

The video can be seen here:

When I initially viewed the video, while I admired the guy's chutzpah, it seemed like cold approaches like this did not seem that great a way to set up dates and that maybe online dating, for all its flaws, at least usually saves you from having to experience some very obvious rejections. Furthermore with this approach there is no way of telling if the women are single or not. That said, I do think the guy doing the approaches could have had a lot more success if he had got to know the women first, instead of asking them for a date before any get to know you small talk.

Is it time to rediscover the lost art (if there ever was one) of random approaches for dates, or are online dating and dating apps the way forward?

Online dating may have merit in large cities, I really don't know. In my city of about 150,000 I find a full 75% of women are either obese or unattractive. The few I do find attractive may have bad personalities, several kids, or are very religious. In short, I find my online prospects to be close to zero.

However, when I'm out in public I see attractive women all the time. I know a certain percentage of them must be single. Therefore, online dating does not seem to represent the general public but instead attracts the least desirable.

Social circle dating is by far your best chance to get a high quality girl. Build a social circle by getting out of your house, engaging in hobbies/activities, make friends, and start dating them or people they know.