A girl I like has a boyfriend

abc123def

I am in college and I met this girl and right away I could feel a connection with her. Even though we have only known each other for like two months we are like best friends. I really like her a lot, but she has a boyfriend. I have met her boyfriend and I think hes a great guy, but he has done some things that are wrong. Her boyfriend has cheated on her once and she want back to him and just this past week when we went home on break she called me and told me that he cheated on her again with the same girl, but as the week went on the story changed to that when the girl went in to kiss him he pushed her off. Her boyrfriend is flunking out of high school, so he isnt going to do anything with his life. I dont know what she sees in him.

Now, when were are in college she is always with me. She is in my room watching movies late at night, we go and eat dinner together all the time and basically we do everything together. She always makes jokes about us getting married and stuff like that. We always flirt and I give her massages and stuff. Everyone at school thinks we are together, but we are not. Is she giving me a sign? I dont know what i should do. What should I do?

LucreziaBorgia

Does she know how you feel about her? You may want to tell her, and let her know that you are wondering if there is a chance for you two once she is single. Emphasis on single. No sense in setting yourself up to be the 'other man' in this situation. Maybe if she knows how you feel, she will feel compelled to give the other guy the heave-ho.

• Author

I think its obvious that I like her, but I mean I dont want to just come out and tell her becasue I dont want to ruin our friendship. I want to tell her, but I just cant.

Scarlett_girl

I was in that same situation some years back...but it was the other way around..the guy I liked had a gf who had cheated on him 4 times...well..after a couple of months of being friends who would occasionally kiss and fool around a bit..I finally told me I liked him..and well..he was shocked! he said he had no idea that I had liked him all along! so even if you think you are obvious..maybe to teh other persson it's not soo clear..anyhoo..he never did break up with his gf though...

if I were in your shoes...i would tell her..it seems as though she is attracted to you...maybe she needs a nudge to realise she feels the same about you or maybe she needs a nudge to see that he actually loves her bf and is very close to cheating on him...whatever happens..at least you'll know! good luck!

Remember this, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I understand you don't want to ruin a friendship..of course on the other hand you could have a friendship and more. GO FOR IT!

Hunter