Mixed signals from this girl...

nowwhat83

So me and this girl met on an online forum. We've been talking regularly since we met, and we've added each-other on social media.

To cut to the chase; up until recently she's always been keeping up-to-date with stuff I post on Facebook, starting all our conversations, and most recently we've arranged to meet up for lunch on Thursday. We've both said we're interested in each-other, but she isn't ready to date just yet as she got out of a relationship a month ago. She went away to see family and friends this weekend, so I made the decision not to contact her and let her do whatever as needless to say she wants to spend time with them and, heck, it'll serve as a distraction from her break-up. I'm surprised and a bit concerned however that she hasn't made an effort to contact me once, as she's been online fairly often uploading pictures of her visit, posting comments and such. I know it's only been two days, but I figured if someone was really that into you they'd at 'least make the time to ask how they are? That's been my experience of things in the past anyway.

I'm happy to just sit back and wait, but feel that not messaging her might be a bad thing? I don't want to leave it too long, but with her change in her communication towards me I feel as if it's unwanted?

Versacehottie
I'm surprised and a bit concerned however that she hasn't made an effort to contact me once, as she's been online fairly often uploading pictures of her visit, posting comments and such. I know it's only been two days, but I figured if someone was really that into you they'd at 'least make the time to ask how they are? That's been my experience of things in the past anyway.

I agree with your statement. So if you feel that way, why couldn't it be you to contact her? She could be wondering the same exact sentiment about you!

I'm guessing your holding back because you don't want to be too clingy given her situation? Then wait and let her contact you. I don't think there's any wrong answer based on the information you've given so far. If she is acting a little distant then I'd wait until she contacts you. But if things are on even playing field, you are the guy after all. It's nice to hear from a guy you're interested in. Call and text her and ask how she is.

• Like 1

I would contact her and see how it goes from there.

It's the only way to know for sure without waiting it out.

• Author

Well, I did so last night. She read it and took a while to respond, and the "conversation" lasted about 10 minutes.

So, she's probably lost interest or playing games.