Am I a fool for holding on? Or is it just in my head?

Hi all! I want to start this by saying in no way do I want to be done with my girlfriend, but I'm more so confused if I'm a fool for holding on or not. My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months and she's recently brought up engagement but we're only 19 and 20 and live an hour away from each other when we're not at school and attend the same college. However, we are quite different. She is a bit more social and friendly than I am. Always going out and doing stuff, we live very different lives. I have a single mother and she has a rich mother type of thing, literally. However, I do love her and I believe she loves me but we each have our problems and I think these problems are taking over my mental. I am quite insecure in the relationship and constantly feel that she's uninterested and/or talking to someone else and it eats me alive. She replied when she wants to, does what she wants to, etc. I don't know if I'm jealous she has more of a life than me because I'm planning on attending law school and dedicate my time to things other than smoking, drinking, and partying. I always have to drive to her in the summer, do what she wants, I feel like I've lost my independence but if I back away I feel like I'll lose her because she'll do what she wants and talk to who she wants or think that I'm in turn uninterested. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm not a priority and insecure and I want my manhood back! Do you guys have any advice on what to do?

Grow a set and don't let her make all the rules.

For example tell her from now on you're splitting the driving, she comes to you as much as you go to her. If she won't agree then you've got to end the relationship.