You Fight then Think Back to Your Ex?

treehugger101

treehugger101

Over the 4 years that I was single and I would get into a fight with the guy I was dating I would instantly think back to my ex of 3 years my longest relationship ever for me.

And I would always tell myself "I wish I was with my ex things were so much easier".

Then do a comparison thing to the guy I was currently seeing and then would start saying his name instead of the guy's name I was seeing if I was ever talking to myself, thinking over things in my thoughts etc.

Do you think this is normal? Have any of you ever dealt with a situation like this?

Are you still in love with the ex or did he break up with you? Maybe you just havent met someone worth making you forget about the ex.

• Author
treehugger101
Are you still in love with the ex or did he break up with you? Maybe you just havent met someone worth making you forget about the ex.

I don't know if I am still in love with him. Part of me wants him back and part of me does not. He has moved on himself. And him and I both agreed it was over.

I think that's just natural.

Its like with dreams. You have all this data in your subconcious and its there whether you are thinking about it or not. It resurfaces at different times when its needed to process things.

So, maybe after a fight its a way to process whats going on and also maybe a way to comfort yourself with past pleasant experiences.

I think its a natural coping mech and just being aware of it will help you work through it.