being called a good girl

norudder

Have you had a man call you this (other than in the bedroom)? And did you think nothing of it or find it mildly patronizing?

Guys, do you do this? If so, intentionally or any particular thought behind it?

For example, telling about my day and mentioning something I did for someone: "oh, good girl"...

I'm in my thirties. He's a bit older.

I say "good girl" a lot, both in and out of the bedroom. It's kinda just a cutesie phrase for me. If someone didn't care for it and wanted me to stop, I'd understand.

Have you had a man call you this (other than in the bedroom)? And did you think nothing of it or find it mildly patronizing?

Guys, do you do this? If so, intentionally or any particular thought behind it?

For example, telling about my day and mentioning something I did for someone: "oh, good girl"...

I'm in my thirties. He's a bit older.

This thread made me thing of this for some reason.

who is your daddy and what does he do?

Yea I never really used the word outside the bedroom. It is something i say to my dog when I take her for walks and want her to sit and stay.

I think you're reading too much into it, you seem over-sensitive to the term.

I don't think it should be taken negatively.

Well, if you were in the bedroom with a guy, I would not worry about it... you can't be too good :laugh:

• Like 1

**I say "good girl" a lot, both in and out of the bedroom. It's kinda just a cutesie phrase for me.**

jen, lol you are such a kick....I'm straight, but if I met you in person, I swear I could fall for you!! :bunny::eek:;)

• Like 1
  • Author

Guess I was reading too much into it. This guy has other negative traits and I wasn't sure if being slightly sexist was one of them and I don't want to assume this would be a red flag for anyone else in the future because of one negative association. Thanks.

jen, lol you are such a kick....I'm straight, but if I met you in person, I swear I could fall for you!! :bunny::eek:;)

Would you two just just get a room for Christ's sake...

and pictures, send me the pictures

• Like 1
Guess I was reading too much into it. This guy has other negative traits and I wasn't sure if being slightly sexist was one of them and I don't want to assume this would be a red flag for anyone else in the future because of one negative association. Thanks.

That's my read...

if he is sexist, you'll find out soon enough!

Ask him if he wants to cook for you one day...

That's my read...

if he is sexist, you'll find out soon enough!

Ask him if he wants to cook for you one day...

That a lame thing to say If a man can cook is it so crazy that she should know how to cook ?

Would you two just just get a room for Christ's sake...

and pictures, send me the pictures

LOL....well jen's juggling four relationships currently, and I, one, so that might not be the best idea....but as far as sending you pics, is that not what fantasies are for???

Have fun!!!:bunny::bunny:

JJCaliGirl

If you don't like being called a good girl, just let him know. Nothing is worse than being called something that you do not like. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

a "good girl" is a virgin

Not true

you won't find many of them about

Not true

If you don't like being called a good girl, just let him know. Nothing is worse than being called something that you do not like. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Well if he liked her he might do it to playfully tease her .

Well if he liked her he might do it to playfully tease her .

In years to come, it could be their "thing"

That a lame thing to say If a man can cook is it so crazy that she should know how to cook ?

No...I mean that if she suggests that, and he is sexist, he will react negatively.

Speaking of sexist...

Stranger things have happened Ms. Katie. :cool:

kisses

• Like 1