She said yes to the date now what?

Jonbones

To anyone who has helped with my previous threads thank you. It is greatly appreciated. This girl and I talk through snapchat mostly. It's our way of texting. Anyway a friend mentioned that it sounds like a friend date since she is talking to me so much. In fact we are each other's number one friend on there. Anyway I asked her on a date and she said yes. She suggested we go night hiking. Easy enough. The trail we are going on is one way up and same way down so we won't get lost. My only concern is it will be dark when we get done. So should we get something to eat after. We are going at 7 and will probably be done around 10. Why did she pick night hiking? A few more questions, would girls go out on a date with someone considered only a friend? She knows it's a date as she told a coworker someone we both know that I asked her on a date. Does this mean anything?

Edited by Jonbones
Forgot something
  • Author

Also I don't know why hiking we went hiking before (not a date) and she had terrible allergies. So I don't understand the obsession with hiking let alone night hiking.

Also I don't know why hiking we went hiking before (not a date) and she had terrible allergies. So I don't understand the obsession with hiking let alone night hiking.

Stop getting into her head. You've agreed to the hike. Let her show you what it's all about. She knows it's a date. All you know is she likes hiking. And, yes, suggest dinner after the hike. Continue to observe her behavior with you and not focus on what you think she is thinking.

• Like 1

Don't think so much. A good idea would be to pack a snack or a cute portable meal with drinks that you can carry in a backpack and share together while on the hike. That'll give you something to do rather than just walking. She picked the night hiking so you already know you're doing something that she'll enjoy.

Girls don't go out at night with just friends. I recommend making a move to try and kiss her at some point on the hike tho in order to prevent being friend zoned. At some point she needs to see that your confident enough to do that which is what keeps most guys in the friend zone bc of their inability to take a shot. A nice move would be... Once reaching the top of the trail or halfway up stop her and pretend your winded/out of breath. Then say to her "sorry I'm running low here, I think I need a kiss to be able to make it all the way up or back down (depending on where you are on the trail). She'll laugh and think it's cute, you get your kiss and the tension is over so you can enjoy the rest of the date. Good luck.

Hmmmm.... secluded and dark.... sounds like a nice place for that first big kiss.

Versacehottie
Stop getting into her head. You've agreed to the hike. Let her show you what it's all about. She knows it's a date. All you know is she likes hiking. And, yes, suggest dinner after the hike. Continue to observe her behavior with you and not focus on what you think she is thinking.

Also stop letting your "friend" taint this date with their bad assumptions. No one knows you and your date better than you do. Why let someone hypothesize (most likely wrongly btw) about your relationship based on their negative outlook?

ps many girls talk to the guys they like the most. Thats a good sign.

• Author
Also stop letting your "friend" taint this date with their bad assumptions. No one knows you and your date better than you do. Why let someone hypothesize (most likely wrongly btw) about your relationship based on their negative outlook?

ps many girls talk to the guys they like the most. Thats a good sign.

I know I shouldn't let him get into my head. He just plants a little seed. I wouldn't even say friend as he hasn't been much of one lately. I almost think he likes her too because he always tries to flirt with her right after I do. Anyway yea I do get a little insecure at times because of what they say. She is a great girl and I always have guys tell me if I didn't like you I'd go for her. It does make me feel a little insecure because she does have a to of options and yet it seems like she favors me but I don't understand what she sees. All I know is me and her can talk to one another easily and it seems natural. They are weird conversations but they come easy.

• Like 1

I imagine she picked night hiking because it's more romantic then day hiking & probably cooler.

Go on the hike. Bring a flashlight & plenty of water. When it's over, if you are reluctant to have the date end, you can suggest going somewhere else. You can also have a cooler packed in your car so you can have a picnic right there. If the date wasn't going well, you can simply go your separate ways.

Versacehottie
All I know is me and her can talk to one another easily and it seems natural. They are weird conversations but they come easy.

This ^^^^ is probably one of the reasons she favors you. That can be rare sometimes. Don't underestimate this. It's a great thing. When you can segue into weird things as well--says you get each other and can talk about anything. Guaranteed she thinks this is a big plus.

• Like 1
  • Author
This ^^^^ is probably one of the reasons she favors you. That can be rare sometimes. Don't underestimate this. It's a great thing. When you can segue into weird things as well--says you get each other and can talk about anything. Guaranteed she thinks this is a big plus.

I guess I'm just getting a little anxious. Mainly because I haven't really talked to her much since Saturday. I know our date is still on but normal she talks to me a lot and she hasn't been near as much lately as she normally does. Isn't kind of weird?

Versacehottie
I guess I'm just getting a little anxious. Mainly because I haven't really talked to her much since Saturday. I know our date is still on but normal she talks to me a lot and she hasn't been near as much lately as she normally does. Isn't kind of weird?

well do you mean you have been contacting her and she isn't responding? or responding less? Or do you mean she usually contacts you but is now not doing that or not as much?

If she normally contacts you, but isn't or isn't as much, she could be reacting to your uncertainty about the whole thing. Backing off to see where you really stand, consciously or unconsciously. Give me more detail and I will try to help

ps i would also say that sometimes once the "date" is set people back off because they are satisfied. All the pre-date talking and texting was in order to get the date.

• Author
well do you mean you have been contacting her and she isn't responding? or responding less? Or do you mean she usually contacts you but is now not doing that or not as much?

If she normally contacts you, but isn't or isn't as much, she could be reacting to your uncertainty about the whole thing. Backing off to see where you really stand, consciously or unconsciously. Give me more detail and I will try to help

ps i would also say that sometimes once the "date" is set people back off because they are satisfied. All the pre-date talking and texting was in order to get the date.

She normally contacts me first but hasn't been as much lately. I think I just got myself worked up over nothing. She was flirty in person today. She was chasing me around trying to hit me.

• Like 1
Versacehottie
She normally contacts me first but hasn't been as much lately. I think I just got myself worked up over nothing. She was flirty in person today. She was chasing me around trying to hit me.

Good! Don't let your insecurities or nerves blow this for you. She likes you, you have something to offer that interests her. Work off of those premises!

• Author
Good! Don't let your insecurities or nerves blow this for you. She likes you, you have something to offer that interests her. Work off of those premises!

I do need some advice. So I went on the date and it went well. Here's my issue: she talked the whole time. She didn't really ask any questions about me. Of course there were a few times but not much. I've been told this is bad. I don't know what to think though. I still had fun. And she did let me touch her elbow during a story, which she hates being touched. She won't even hold hands with anyone besides her special needs sister. I have a hard time believing that she's not interested and only an attention seeker because she has a ton of friends she could have picked from and a lot of guy friends at that. She worked 11 hours though and still came and went hiking after being awake since 5:30 in the morning.