Girl I met on OLD sends me weird picture

Hello all,

I recently met this through a dating website. She seemed cute and we had been exchanging mails and later texts. As we seemed to hit it off pretty well I decided to asked her to hang out. The day before the we were supposed to hang out I text her "Good morning" to initiate conversation. Then she replies "look! I was surpirised this morning" this text is followed by a picture. I opened the picture and set my eyes on 2 cats surrounding a dead bird in a mess of feathers... For a second I didn't understand what this was, it was so out of context, and thought she had meant to send the text to someone else.

However I was the right recipient. I thought she was trying to scare me away but that proved to wrong as she later asked me what time we were supposed to meet.

That picture really threw me off I don't know what to think and I certainly no sure whether I should meet that young lady.

What do you think?

Were those her cats? Cats sometimes like to kill other small animals and bring them to the owner as a "gift." I had a cat once that brought me a dead snake. It might've just been something random that happened and she sent you the pic of it.

Personally I think it's strange to send someone that when you barely know them, but she might just be a weird chick. I would still give her a chance. Have you met her yet? In person meetings will give you a better sense of what to think.

It might've just been something random that happened and she sent you the pic of it.

- This is all it is. Don't overthink it.

• Like 1

My good friend always sends me pics of some little bird or mouse her cat has killed. She loves her cat and thinks it's cute.

Arieswoman

Hmmmm,

Seems a bit odd to me.

Sadly, my cat kills mice and birds occasionally but I wouldn't send a picture of the massacre to anyone who I didn't know.

I certainly don't think it's cute, I think it's sad, but if you have cats you can't stop them doing it.

Just be wary OP :rolleyes:

• Like 1

If the two of you hit it off and you end up spending the night with her, sleep with one eye open.

• Like 1

Yeah, seems odd but I would go on the date anyway. Maybe she is just quirky.. Or maybe she sent it out to a bunch of people without thinking. Or maybe she thought you would be impressed by her cat's skillz and want to date her as a result... so many "maybes", just go on a date and you will know for sure if she is crazy or was just trying to make conversation.

she is a cat-lover, we love them, either acting feral or on our laps, cats like to hunt, some gift their human with their wins, i think that is the photo

some breeds are extravert and do not mind the camera or a successful hunt, all can be victims of racoons

cat induction over

• Like 1

She was sharing something that happened, being kinda silly.

When my bf and I first started dating, I had him throwing away the birds my cat killed....couple years later he confessed this was a real turn off :lmao:

Girls like cats who knew. I tend to think the ones that keep them inside and declawed are a bit more sensible.

• Author
Girls like cats who knew. I tend to think the ones that keep them inside and declawed are a bit more sensible.

Girls like cats, no problem with that. How about girls that like to send pictures of dead birds?

lollipopspot
...and declawed are a bit more sensible.

You mean "cruel." Declawing is brutal surgery that can cause the cat lifelong pain and problems. Anyone who does it shouldn't have a cat.

OP, the woman is a weirdo.

• Like 1
TaraMaiden2

I can't stand cats, but I find this practice cruel and reprehensible.

It's like cutting your fingers off....

• Like 2

Well, wife has done it to all cats without issue. We have two currently that are 16 / 20 years old. Knew the types of replies would get, cause get them all the time...from people with outside cats or those that get shocked cats can live over 10 years. To me scoffing at it is inane as those with issue of getting a animal fixed. Those that let thier cats roam around outside have nothing to say.

Anyhow to op, it seemed strange to you due to your ignorance of cats and cat owners. Nothing odd at all about a girl snapping a picture of some meowing cats that just killed something. Completely normal what she sent, it's the thing she shares with friends / family. She is probally loaded with like stories of cat hunts.

mortensorchid

That's kind of odd to send something like that to a person you don't know, whether that's your cat or someone else's who did that. Still, don't let it stop you from at least meeting this person. If she's strange when you meet her, then you will know she really is odd and not a person you should be with.

• Like 1
lollipopspot
Well, wife has done it to all cats without issue. We have two currently that are 16 / 20 years old. Knew the types of replies would get, cause get them all the time...from people with outside cats or those that get shocked cats can live over 10 years. To me scoffing at it is inane as those with issue of getting a animal fixed. Those that let thier cats roam around outside have nothing to say.

I don't let cats outside, so I guess I have something to say.

People should get negative responses for declawing cats. It's illegal and considered animal cruelty in a number of countries. The US is getting there, but there are still holdouts who are more worried about their furniture or whatever than their cat's health, and will continue to do it for awhile longer. I don't know how else to say it, because it's just a very cruel procedure,.

- Declawing is amputation; it is not merely the removal of the claws. To declaw a cat, the veterinarian cuts off the last knuckles of a cat's paw – cutting through bone, tendons, skin and nerves. In a person, it is equivalent to amputating each finger or toe at the last joint.

- Declaw surgery can be an extremely painful procedure with associated health risks and complications such as infection.

- Declaw surgery can produce permanent lameness, pain or arthritis.

end cat declawing | animal welfare | The Paw Project

• Like 1
  • Author

I have cats myself and I wouldn't have mind her sending me a picture of her roommate's cat, but sending a corpse picture to someone you don't really know is just over the top of a faux-pas, that would be the last thing I would think of sending to someone I'm trying to date. She must have really poor social skills.

I'm really considering canceling since it's someone I met off of the internet and I would rather not waste time with a girl I feel already very iffy about.

Dude, I would think that would be weird, sending that type of picture to someone that you barely know yet. Yes, those kinds of things happen to cats/mice, etc, etc, and I would probably send those types of pictures to friends or even post it up on facebook, but to send it to someone that you met on a dating site-where you have potential interest in dating someone, is just odd-and to a stranger that you haven't met yet. That's just me.