Why does this dream mean?

lil_missy

Wondering if anyone has had similar dreams or think dreams mean anything

I been having this recurring dream twice now, that I'm dating someone or multiple guys that im not that into and it just feels very heavy and uneasy. And I feel very sad in these dreams. Some times the guys I date in my dreams are guys I know or just randoms with no faces but it is never my bf.

Then when I wake up I remember that I'm with my bf who I love very much and I feel so relieved and happy that it was all just a dream.

I want to tell my bf about my dream but I'm scared it will upset him that im dreaming about dating other guys lol.

TunaInTheBrine
Wondering if anyone has had similar dreams or think dreams mean anything

I been having this recurring dream twice now, that I'm dating someone or multiple guys that im not that into and it just feels very heavy and uneasy. And I feel very sad in these dreams. Some times the guys I date in my dreams are guys I know or just randoms with no faces but it is never my bf.

Then when I wake up I remember that I'm with my bf who I love very much and I feel so relieved and happy that it was all just a dream.

I want to tell my bf about my dream but I'm scared it will upset him that im dreaming about dating other guys lol.

I am actually trained in dream interpretation. Without knowing you though, it's impossible to really decipher the dream properly.

In short, I think something from your past is getting triggered and it is playing out in the dream. My own thoughts while reading your post had me wondering if the multiple guys represented multiple parts of yourself that are split off from each other and unresolved. But I can't say for sure.

I'll just cut and paste this here from another "dream" thread;

Gah...seriously

Dreaming is the brain's way of sorting short term memories into long term memories.

The longer you've been with someone, the more space is taken up in your head with them, also the more you spend thinking about them, the more data is there to be sorted.

Anyone who tries to read more into dreams is just wasting your time, like reading tea leaves and astrology, it's all bull*****.

Dreams mean nothing other than that the images, sounds, smells, and feelings are stored in your memory, and are getting shuffled around. Some are recent, some are decades old. Mix that all up, and you get...dreams.

deathandtaxes

Dreams can be fun. Share at your own peril. I've had sex dreams concerning probably every female friend I have. It happens. I just smile and move along.

losangelena

If your BF got mad because you had a dream about dating someone else, there's a problem—it's a friggin' dream!

After my divorce I spent years dreaming I was still married to him. In my dreams I would find myself with him in our old house and in my dream I would fight back saying I don't belong there and he'd insist I am being silly we are married. Then I would wake up and feel SO relieved that this was not my life anymore.

It's just a way for the brain to relieve stress and build new pathways.