I'm going to be direct

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I signed up on a dating website (despite my better judgement and knowing this will be more fodder to post on this forum). I got a few messages in my inbox as "the new girl" often does. And then I got a message I had never experienced before ...

Man: Hello how are you?

Me: I'm fine thanks, and you?

Man: I'm going to be direct. I read your profile and thought you sound very interesting and I want to get to know you. Do you want to meet on Thursday after work?

Me: Ok. My phone number is (blank)

No contact since and that was two days ago. Maybe that's a good thing, I think he was trying to lure me into white slavery.

Ruby Slippers

OLD is full of flaky people. I estimate 95% are flaky and not serious. At least 95% of the messages you get will be from men who just want sex, or who lack basic communication and date planning skills. I think it works best when you approach it prepared to dig for the needle in the haystack.

• Like 1

Sounds like a script to me.

However, it worked! He could have met up with a potentially wonderful partner.

His loss!

Sounds like a script he pumps out to everyone, gets some responses, chooses who he REALLY wants to meet, and goes out with them.

• Like 2

Don't worry MC - you will have plenty more like this.

Good on you girl for taking the bull by the horns! Just make sure you don't let it get you down. OLD is full of the weird and wonderful. I have just deactivated my account (again) for a bit to give myself a break as it was making me feel glum! I will go back on there again just not for a while.

I signed up on a dating website (despite my better judgement and knowing this will be more fodder to post on this forum). I got a few messages in my inbox as "the new girl" often does. And then I got a message I had never experienced before ...

Man: Hello how are you?

Me: I'm fine thanks, and you?

Man: I'm going to be direct. I read your profile and thought you sound very interesting and I want to get to know you. Do you want to meet on Thursday after work?

Me: Ok. My phone number is (blank)

No contact since and that was two days ago. Maybe that's a good thing, I think he was trying to lure me into white slavery.

It's no worse than endless messages back and forth where you agree to meet and then hit radio silence :)

I too have deactivated my account for a while, but good luck!

It's no worse than endless messages back and forth where you agree to meet and then hit radio silence :)

That is a common one and the "I want to see you again - I'll call you to arrange" after the first date, a few texts then nothing...

people in need of a self esteem boost.

who cares about what he wants, the question is what you want. A dating site can't do the scanning and weeding for you. You have to.

plus, usually he needs to chase. I find that even responding too soon or being too available for chat is a negative point. just my short OLD experience

Ugh.....I have seen what is available on OLD over the years.....there's some slim pickins on there. I feel sorry for all my struggling single friends.