What is she doing?

There's this girl I met at work, she's 31, I'm 23, she seems to text me 75% of the time and me 25%. We talked until 3am before, she says sweet dreams occasionally, and goodmorning occasionally. From the signs it seems she likes me. When I text there are times where it's good and she's really engaged. Othertimes, she seems distracted, I will say something and she will either say lol, or reply later on (1 or 2 hrs). When I think the conversation has ended, she always ends up texting me. Much of the times it shows she read the text but doesn't respond. This girl is confusing me, does she even like me? She seems to be "distracted" when we text.. but other times it's good..

She also told this guy off when he asked her for lunch, and ran off with me to lunch instead to be with me and shared drinks with me. What's the deal with her? It's annoying me that she's inconsistent and I don't know if she's busy or texting other guys or what. She texts me first alot more than I text her. I try to keep it "even" by returning the favor. I am not going to chase after her, does she want me to chase her? I'm not going to chase...

You have answered your own question you are just not capable of seeing it.

she seems to text me 75% of the time and me 25%.

Here you go. Now why do you think she backs off and seems distant at times? Self preservation obviously. She thinks you are not interested.

She likes you 99.9999999% but unless you make the move these back and forth dating games will continue. Do not be the man that fails to understand this game has a time limit and once said time limit expires its GAME OVER.

Make a move soon.

• Like 2
There's this girl I met at work, she's 31, I'm 23, she seems to text me 75% of the time and me 25%. We talked until 3am before, she says sweet dreams occasionally, and goodmorning occasionally. From the signs it seems she likes me. When I text there are times where it's good and she's really engaged. Othertimes, she seems distracted, I will say something and she will either say lol, or reply later on (1 or 2 hrs). When I think the conversation has ended, she always ends up texting me. Much of the times it shows she read the text but doesn't respond. This girl is confusing me, does she even like me? She seems to be "distracted" when we text.. but other times it's good..

She also told this guy off when he asked her for lunch, and ran off with me to lunch instead to be with me and shared drinks with me. What's the deal with her? It's annoying me that she's inconsistent and I don't know if she's busy or texting other guys or what. She texts me first alot more than I text her. I try to keep it "even" by returning the favor. I am not going to chase after her, does she want me to chase her? I'm not going to chase...

If you are not going to chase, then say goodbye to her.

YOU either chase, ie make your intentions perfectly clear and ask her out on a date, or you will be firmly put into the friend zone, that is, if you aren't already in there.

• Like 2

You both have jobs. Neither of you have time to text each other all day. When she takes 2 hours to respond she is probably living her life instead of being glued to her phone. Try it.

Texting is among the worst ways to form a relationship. It should be reserved for I'm running late & please pick up milk, not actual conversation.

Do you want a relationship with her or your phone? Try interacting with her IRL without any electronics involved.

Iv had girls who initiatied 75 percent of the time thinking she likes me and then got told she was only talking to me as a friend. Doesnt make any sense to me esp cos we never had met and she wasnt my friend iv known for years so how can we have been friends?! Women love attention mate even though they arentbinterested in you!.

Even my friends i dont message every day and my friends dont initiate 75 per cent!

If i were you OP id ask her upfront and dont get led on. Dont even ask or tell her you like her cos she might say she feels the same but could be BS. Just ask to meet and if she csnt meet in the next two weeks then move on

Also donnivan i want to show you somethig regarding your last comment if i may

• Author

She was in an 8 year relationship with a very controlling guy, they broke up few months ago and also lived in cali with him for 3 years and now they are both back in Texas. I imagine she is not over it and could still be talking to the guy. The issue with our schedule is that there is not a single day where we are both off. She works Sunday-Wednesday, I work Wednesday - Saturday, meaning we only see each other at work once a week. I asked her out twice on dates this week but she was busy, I'll try again next week...I'm just tired of these games and hate chasing, it makes me feel like a sucker and I don't want to put her on a pedestal.

Last night she read my text around 11pm, she didn't reply until near 3am, with basically "lol, ohhh" and at that time I was asleep. How would you guys suggest I should say? or ideas to engage her?

Edited by SCJACK

Well, first of all, she's not inconsistent with texting. She's doing 75%! You're only doing 25%. It needs to be more balanced than that for sure. You're not keeping it even. Stop texting so much anyway. Call more often. The connection is weak.

Chase her? You don't need to chase her, you haven't been even properly showing interest. If she's texting you 75%, how much time is there to text others?

Since you asked her out twice and she declined, she's not interested. She would have counter-offered with another date if she could not make it.

She's also on the rebound.

Women who like you want to see you.

• Author

Yup seems like I am friend zoned, I texted her good morning in a more interesting way, she reads the text, and it's been 25mins hasn't responded yet. there seems to be a consistency in that... at this point I'm not sure what actions to even take. The reason why she declined the first 2 times, is before hand we spoke about her weekend plans, and she was at her family's with her nieces for one day and at her best friends house for the other. I could try again next week..

Dude here's a tip....if a girl really wants to be with you she will not let anything get in the way, and IF she truly is busy she would be hitting you up with a suggestion, or even contact you out of the blue to see if you want to go do something.

When they give you excuses, it's her passive way to say "I'm not interested". She will keep doing it, then eventually not answer your texts at all in hopes you will finally get the hint.

She has already given you two excuses and no suggestion of going out another time already set up......she doesn't want to date you.

• Like 1
lovexocoach

Sounds like you're friend zoned. And you could become the rebound. So perhaps being friend zoned is better than being the rebound.

If you ask her out again and she declines (and doesn't offer an alternative)then move on. Otherwise, you're wasting your time and you'd be better off finding someone you can invest time in and who will invest their time in you.

• Author

Alright... we'll see how this goes.. her responses are 1 or 2 lines now, not very much. She wanted to go with me somewhere when we spoke the other day, and I let her know about it for tomorrow since that seems to be the only time. and she told me "can i let you know tonight?" which is basically 99% no... I told her she could just tell me no and that it wouldn't hurt me, but we'll just see where this goes now..

This is prob a bad idea, but I probably shouldn't be asking "what are your intentions" right?

• Author

So once again, we messaged each other until 3am and it seemed to go really well. Confused af? I'll just keep being myself

Hate to say this but.....she is using you for her emotional tampon (just an expression, not intended to be rude or offend, if I offend I apologize).

If that is all you are getting is chat seshes, it's just for attention and nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hate to say this but.....she is using you for her emotional tampon (just an expression, not intended to be rude or offend, if I offend I apologize).

If that is all you are getting is chat seshes, it's just for attention and nothing more.

I understand..... how do I get out of this and make it better..?

I understand..... how do I get out of this and make it better..?

- You find another girl. There are plenty of fish in the sea, and you only need one.

• Author

I really hate how everything is just a game now, I wish someone would just talk to me without intentions of using me like a piece of meat. All these rules and things regarding to relationship or talking to someone or whatever, makes it not worth the effort to get to know someone. They should already want to know you just for you...

Never invest yourself unless they want to physically spend their time with you.....reread my post #11.

• Like 1
Never invest yourself unless they want to physically spend their time with you.....reread my post #11.

smackie9 knows what she is talking about and she is a girl!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

This is where I stand now... Last week she went to lunch with me again, I invited her out but it was 4th of july weekend so she was busy and I was also busy. She did make a suggestion that we meet up after I get off work, but it was never official yet since our schedules seems sporadic, she texted me hey today, i replied, and she reads it and never responds until like 6 hrs later and she asks how was my day, i say terrible, and she says really? why? and i said because she wasn't there (at work), and I missed her. She reads it, never responds again... I honestly don't get why she never responds after she reads the text, Last time I tried calling her and she didn't pick up. She told me she was face timing with her sister, (she apparently does it often). Her sisters dog just died so I'm assuming she's busy with her sister. But why text me if shes never gonna respond after I respond?!

What should I do now? Should I call her out and ask her why does she text me and doesn't respond? Or ask her what her intentions are with me?

She doesn't respond because she doesn't want to reciprocate....she doesn't have feelings for you...get it? She only likes you as a friend.

This is where I stand now... Last week she went to lunch with me again, I invited her out but it was 4th of july weekend so she was busy and I was also busy. She did make a suggestion that we meet up after I get off work, but it was never official yet since our schedules seems sporadic, she texted me hey today, i replied, and she reads it and never responds until like 6 hrs later and she asks how was my day, i say terrible, and she says really? why? and i said because she wasn't there (at work), and I missed her. She reads it, never responds again... I honestly don't get why she never responds after she reads the text, Last time I tried calling her and she didn't pick up. She told me she was face timing with her sister, (she apparently does it often). Her sisters dog just died so I'm assuming she's busy with her sister. But why text me if shes never gonna respond after I respond?!

What should I do now? Should I call her out and ask her why does she text me and doesn't respond? Or ask her what her intentions are with me?

I honestly don't get why she never responds after she reads the text -- because . . . she doesn't want to. She's not being receptive or reciprocal.

The message is clear, you don't want to believe it. Move on.

• Like 1