what is he thinking?

Here's the back story: "Okay, I am so confused!! I met this guy at a bar, and we talked all night. He asked me to go out to different places twice that week. We went out to eat and a live music show. He hasn't paid for anything, which he really doesn't have a whole lot of money right now. Anyway, one night he allowed me to stay with him and we didn't kiss or have sex, but he cuddled with me all night in his bed. The following week we went out once. We went to a movie and out to eat. Once again he didn't pay, but I guess that's understandable. We went back to his apartment for a bit, he walked me to my car, and he kissed me, and it wasn't like it was a bad kiss. We have always texted constantly, and he still continues to text me what are you doing, etc, but it's been a week since I've saw him. He did go out of town for the weekend, and I asked him to hang but he said he was too tired. Well, I asked him this week to put some parts on my car, which he said he would do, but nothing about hanging out. I am so confused. He's really sweet and it really seems like he likes me, or so I thought. What's going on? What should I do?"

So here's the update: Today he put the parts on the car and we ended up watching a movie at his place. No kissing, no cuddling. I found out he has court tomorrow for a second dui and will likely be placed on house arrest for 6 months. So after we said our goodbyes I texted later and said do you want to keep this as a friendship or eventually move on because I don't know whether to hug or kiss you lol. It's confusing. *He replied sorry didn't mean to confuse you... with me going on house arrest and everything I Think it's best if we just stay friends for now. What should I make of this? Is he interested but doesn't want to keep me locked down with him on house arrest because he said "for now" or is it just a way to say he's not interested?

mortensorchid

Anyone who says "I want to be friends" has demoted you. So be it and move on. This guy I am sorry to say is a loser. He didn't pay for your outings because he is cheap. When you said he has a court hearing for a DUI that sealed the deal. I know you want to be with someone, we all do. But he wants Nana to take care of him. And you are worth more than him.

I had a former friend who went for guys like this. She supported them and they were free to get into fist fights, throw chairs through windows and call for bail money. Why does she go for these dudes when there are plenty who don't get into trouble? At least not like they do, but because she wanted to be liked and needed. She didn't get that from a man who isn't a bad boy because she wanted to be Mommy not a lover. Do you want to be Mommy? I hope the answer is no. Turn your back on him and move on.