Should I make a move?

Eaglestar83

Eaglestar83

Hey guys, just wanted some advise here. I went out on a date with a 25 year old single mum last week. It went well and this week we were planning a a second date. She said she's having difficulty organising care for her six year old girl and eventually suggested that I should come over to hers to hang out (she lives 45 mins drive from me). Do you guys think I should make a move? We haven't really discussed what we looking for but she said she's not looking for a one night stand which I understand. with her situation, child in the picture etc, I don't see it as long term if am honest as her priority is her child and she has not much time or flexibility to get a big thing going.

Should I talk to her beforehand or just go with the flow?

Lois_Griffin

What do you mean, 'make a move?' Just because she's having trouble finding a babysitter and has to entertain you at her place doesn't mean you need to disrespect her. Jeez.

• Author
Eaglestar83

Erm, where did I mention anything about disrespect? We we flirting heavily last night on over the phone so kinda of makes sense things are moving forwards. It's just that we haven't really spoken much about what we want etc

I don't see it as long term if am honest

Why even pursue this then?

• Author
Eaglestar83

Za Dater: because I can see us being together exclusively for few month at least.. She seems nice and I have fun talking to her, just don't think I would consider marrying someone with a child. Should I tell her this? I mean I doubt she's thinking about marriage or anything serious at this point as she is pretty much preoccupied with her own thing. If I open my mouth I might just shoot myself in the foot lol hence my dilemma

Za Dater: because I can see us being together exclusively for few month at least.. She seems nice and I have fun talking to her, just don't think I would consider marrying someone with a child. Should I tell her this? I mean I doubt she's thinking about marriage or anything serious at this point as she is pretty much preoccupied with her own thing. If I open my mouth I might just shoot myself in the foot lol hence my dilemma

I wouldn't lead on the path of expecting a relationship then. Just my opinion but I do tend to be too honest!

Hey guys, just wanted some advise here. I went out on a date with a 25 year old single mum last week. It went well and this week we were planning a a second date. She said she's having difficulty organising care for her six year old girl and eventually suggested that I should come over to hers to hang out (she lives 45 mins drive from me). Do you guys think I should make a move? We haven't really discussed what we looking for but she said she's not looking for a one night stand which I understand. with her situation, child in the picture etc, I don't see it as long term if am honest as her priority is her child and she has not much time or flexibility to get a big thing going.

Should I talk to her beforehand or just go with the flow?

If she is inviting you into her home with her child after one date she either has really poor judgement (pregnant at 19) or wants to bang (pregnant again at 25?)

bring some rubbers.

• Author
Eaglestar83

Yes I mean for all I know she might just want to focus on being a mum and just wants to have bit of fun and nothing serious, and she seems rather suggestive sexually. I wouldn't lead someone on and be dishonest if they tell me they want something serious and marriage etc I think that's just evil

• Author
Eaglestar83

Update: she asked me if I want to stay over as we are meeting up in the evening and I live 45 minutes drive away in a different town

Update: she asked me if I want to stay over as we are meeting up in the evening and I live 45 minutes drive away in a different town

Ask her where you are sleeping.

It's what i'd do.

If a woman wanted to crash at my place i wouldn't.

because I know she's sleeping in my bed or on my couch and which is dependent on her.;)

Ask her where you are sleeping.

It's what i'd do.

If a woman wanted to crash at my place i wouldn't.

because I know she's sleeping in my bed or on my couch and which is dependent on her.;)

Curious why you would ask vs. just assume you will be sharing her bed or leading it to that direction when you get there. If you ask doesn't it make you look needy or less sure of yourself?

To OP, 45 minutes is NOTHING travel wise... You should decide where you want things to go before you see her. I agree with others, don't lead her on or promise anything if you don't see a relationship happening.

Don't make a move if she has stated that she isn't looking for a one night stand. Take it easy and just go along with whatever she wants.