Is everything a guy says during sex not to be taken seriously?

markleymassraff

markleymassraff

I'm not just talking about while you are in bed together, I mean when he's actually inside you.

I'm still semi-hung-up on a guy from January/Feb who said so much stuff to me while we were having sex (in that 6 weeks). He ended up not continuing with me. But I was confused because he would say stuff while we were having sex (while he was inside me) like "I am so attracted to you" and "I will come to see you" (we live 2 hours apart.) and "I don't want you to leave." Just this stuff that was like ecstatically into me. But given that he ended up later fading out on me, I wonder...do men just get so into it while they are inside you that they just say crazy sh*t? Or do you all actually have some sense of reality?

Those specific things he probably meant when he said them, they're fairly minor and nowhere near declarations of love or commitment. But as with all people, they're free to change their mind and/or lose interest afterward.

• Like 2
El Pallasso

That's like saying people get married therefore they won't get divorced. There are many things that happen that can make a person change their mind. Nothing is guaranteed in this world. The sooner you learn that, the better for you.

I've had lots of goofy things said, a lot of it even unintelligible. ;) ("Ooga-ooga-ass-feet baby, ass-gah-wazzah!! Wazzah!!") I generally don't pay it much attention.

I have to say I'd find "I will come to see you" while he's thrusting away kind of odd tho. :p

I've had lots of goofy things said, a lot of it even unintelligible. ;) ("Ooga-ooga-ass-feet baby, ass-gah-wazzah!! Wazzah!!") I generally don't pay it much attention.

I have to say I'd find "I will come to see you" while he's thrusting away kind of odd tho. :p

Definitely odd!

I'm more of the unintelligible jibberish kind myself :)

That is rather odd isn't it...

Markley stuff we all say during sex is pretty weird and lets face it the blood is all in other parts of the body so the brain is neglected during those moments...

Ignore it. It mean nothing.

To believe something a person says they must be sober, fully clothed and calm/relaxed. At any other time its probably spur off the moment, off the cuff, a fleeting idea or just plain balls.

• Like 1
Methodical

I concur with the ODD comment assessment. When we are on an endorphin high in the heat of the moment there's no telling what might spill out, but like others have said, it's normally either unintelligible jargon or f*ck yes, or your partners name, etc.

The comments he made sound like rehearsed tidbits, honestly.

• Like 1

You absolutely cannot rely on anything a man says while you are having sex or he is working on you trying to get you to have sex. They say "I love you" when they mean "I love it." They say "I will climb mountains and swim across the sea for you" when they mean "I will climb mountains and swim across the sea for it."

The brain isn't functioning when the penis is on active duty.

• Like 1
  • Author
markleymassraff
You absolutely cannot rely on anything a man says while you are having sex or he is working on you trying to get you to have sex. They say "I love you" when they mean "I love it." They say "I will climb mountains and swim across the sea for you" when they mean "I will climb mountains and swim across the sea for it."

The brain isn't functioning when the penis is on active duty.

Oh, I totally agree with a man's words not being reliable pre-sex. Especially learned it from this guy in 2011, but this more recent guy, he was saying stuff to me pre-sex in January, and I even wrote in my journal something like, "He's saying a lot of sweet stuff and even hinting about a relationship, but realistically I know dudes say a lot of things before sex. I am taking that **** with a grain of salt."

While the penis is in the vagina, I hadn't given that much thought. I guess i put some weight on this guy saying that stuff while he was inside me because I've had other guys NOT say much while inside me. I mean, they had a good time and liked having sex with me but they weren't actually saying ecstatic things to me in the act. So...I guess I wondered what to make of "while he is inside you" talk. In fairness, this same guy said some things to me that sounded like he wanted to keep on with me even when we weren't in the act of having sex. But the most ecstatic stuff was while in the act.

But...I hear you all.

Thanks.

• Author
markleymassraff

Yeah it sounds weird written on a message forum like this. But it wasn't. You had to be there (I know you wouldn't want to be there :p) But basically just before we started having sex, I said I had to leave (live 2 hours away) at 4 p.m. or so, and so when we started having sex and he was inside me, while we were in this passionate body-lock, he was like breathlessly saying "I don't want you to leave" and I said "I'll come back," and he said "I'll come see you too." It was all said kinda breathlessly/while having sex.

Oh, I totally agree with a man's words not being reliable pre-sex. Especially learned it from this guy in 2011, but this more recent guy, he was saying stuff to me pre-sex in January, and I even wrote in my journal something like, "He's saying a lot of sweet stuff and even hinting about a relationship, but realistically I know dudes say a lot of things before sex. I am taking that **** with a grain of salt."

While the penis is in the vagina, I hadn't given that much thought. I guess i put some weight on this guy saying that stuff while he was inside me because I've had other guys NOT say much while inside me. I mean, they had a good time and liked having sex with me but they weren't actually saying ecstatic things to me in the act. So...I guess I wondered what to make of "while he is inside you" talk. In fairness, this same guy said some things to me that sounded like he wanted to keep on with me even when we weren't in the act of having sex. But the most ecstatic stuff was while in the act.

But...I hear you all.

Thanks.

No. What they say during is even less reliable than what they say before. You have to stop listening to what they say and just judge them on what actions they take to make you feel appreciated outside of bed. One of my old bfs said "I love you" during sex and then took it back as soon as he woke up the next day, just like on The Nanny. I'm still planning on throwing it up in his face before we both die.

• Like 1
  • Author
markleymassraff
No. What they say during is even less reliable than what they say before. You have to stop listening to what they say and just judge them on what actions they take to make you feel appreciated outside of bed. One of my old bfs said "I love you" during sex and then took it back as soon as he woke up the next day, just like on The Nanny. I'm still planning on throwing it up in his face before we both die.

Whoa. That was cold of him.

Anyway, realistically I knew this about not listening to what they say during sex. As I said, it was just the comparison with other guys thing not saying anything at all (aside from the usual sex noises, not words) that threw me off a bit.

I just got to remind myself to think nothing of what they say.

His actions? They were alright. They were not bad while we were seeing each other. But anyway. F*ck my life. Haha.

Yeah it sounds weird written on a message forum like this. But it wasn't. You had to be there (I know you wouldn't want to be there :p) But basically just before we started having sex, I said I had to leave (live 2 hours away) at 4 p.m. or so, and so when we started having sex and he was inside me, while we were in this passionate body-lock, he was like breathlessly saying "I don't want you to leave" and I said "I'll come back," and he said "I'll come see you too." It was all said kinda breathlessly/while having sex.

I understand. Thanks for the clarification. :)