Guys, what do you think when a woman blocks you on FB?

markleymassraff

markleymassraff

Do you automatically think badly of her?

Don't feel like getting all into it, but I'll just say a guy hurt me and I tried to tough it out and still stay FB friends, etc. and not show I was hurt. But today I decided to block him bc I don't like seeing him around FB talking to this one woman in particular who is younger and prettier than I am. Well, I think we're equal in looks but she's definitely younger and apparently he just likes her more.

So I'm not trying to make a statement to him or get him to do anything. I just don't want to see it all the time and be reminded that I am not good enough. So I blocked him.

But I am wondering if men automatically think badly if a woman blocks you?

I'm really not trying to get him to do anything or to react. The writing has been on the wall for a long time, so I know he is not into me. But I"m just wondering if men generally get insulted when they are blocked or do they just feel like...okay she wanted some distance.

P.S. I had already unfriended him a month ago, but bc we have a lot of mutual friends, including that woman, I was still seeing him around. So I finally did the Block thing.

Edited by markleymassraff
  • Author
markleymassraff

I knew someone was going to say that. I know i shouldn't care. But I do wonder if he'll see it as wrong of me or not. Just trying to get a sense of what most men feel about it.

• Author
markleymassraff

I know i shouldn't care. But I do wonder if he'll see it as wrong of me or not. Just trying to get a sense of what most men feel about it.

But ultimately, you know, i obviously don't care that much what HE in particular thinks about it or else I wouldn't have done it. Or rather, I care, but I care about what I need to do more than how he will view it when he eventually notices.

First off you are good enough and him picking her is no reflection on you.

Also I can't read his mind but if a woman I was no longer interested in blocked me then so be it. He might not care and he might want you again if he has want what you can't have syndrome but your best bet is too not worry about it.

Had this happen once but seeing it was part of a total rejection I just had to take it for what it was, which was a sign "I don't like you at all".

Congrats OP you learned a valuable lesson about burning bridges.

There is hope though.

He probably didn't even notice you blocked him because he is busy with other women so you could probably just unblock him & nobody would know.

however, I have no idea why you would want to.

• Like 3
PegNosePete

If I even noticed, I would think "her loss". There are more important things to worry about in this life than getting blocked on a social network site. Like, what to have for dinner, or which socks to wear today.

• Like 1

I think deleting a person is enough. I only block people if they incessantly contact me. So blocking him out of a blue may be a bit dramatic. Most importantly is not to block him on fb but to block him inside your head. If you manage to do that, you're over him.

Focus on the future and other activities, you're wasting precious time and energy by thinking about him. Don't worry, time heals everything, so be smart and be patient.

I knew someone was going to say that. I know i shouldn't care. But I do wonder if he'll see it as wrong of me or not. Just trying to get a sense of what most men feel about it.

Again, what difference does what he thinks make? Are you trying to remain attractive enough to him so that in the event things don't work out with the other chick, he'll turn to you? That's an outcome that most likely will not happen--he's already demonstrated to you that he has no interest in pursuing you.

I think that if they are no longer interested in you, they're not checking for you of FB, either. He probably hasn't even figured it out yet. If he has, he's kept it moving...

• Like 1
How do you know if someone has blocked you?

I think you cannot find them on FB in a search. I know when I've blocked people, it says that I will not come up in searches they make for me and nothing I say will appear in the feeds of mutual friends. So far, that's worked.

I think that blocking is a good idea when you're fresh off of disappointment and hurt and you need some space from constant reminders of them. It's not burning bridges--because it wasn't one he was willing to cross in the first place. It's whittling down the excess drag of things that are not working and are holding you back from getting on with your life.

Edited by kendahke
  • Like 1
\

But I am wondering if men automatically think badly if a woman blocks you?

P.S. I had already unfriended him a month ago.

To me, if I was interested in someone, the un-friending would tell me all I want to know. I would take that to mean they want nothing to do with me, and would behave accordingly. I wouldn't think badly of them. But I would forget about them.

And I doubt I'd noticed later if they blocked me.

But I agree with other posters - why do you care if he notices, or what he thinks?

• Like 1

Listen, it's your facebook block, delete, add whoever you want.

Is it just me that thinks it's sad how much reliance and importance people place on social media?

• Like 3
Listen, it's your facebook block, delete, add whoever you want.

Is it just me that thinks it's sad how much reliance and importance people place on social media?

No, I agree totally!

• Like 1
  • Author
markleymassraff

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

He will notice I blocked him. We have a lot of mutual friends, and we were seeing each other's comments/likes often enough. He will notice. I'm not saying he already has, but he will eventually. And I don't think he'll care much at all, which is surprising in a way because when we were seeing each other, he was decent to me. He only did me wrong by fading out. The time we actually spent together, he was pretty sweet to me and seemed like he cared about my friendship at least. But I think he won't care.

I blocked him for me. I wish I were strong enough not to block him. I wish I could stand to see his name, words, flirtations around Facebook and feel nothing. But because I do feel something, I had to block him. Either that or unfriend all our mutual friends. I mean, it happens that three of his very close friends, not just casual friends, are also my friends. He writes on their pages and so do I. I'd have to unfriend them in order to not see him.

I'm not trying to remain attractive to him. He's already bailed on me and chosen other women. The whole point of blocking him -- or at least part of it -- is so that he doesn't see me anymore either.

• Like 1
  • Author
markleymassraff

Oh, and it's not that I think social media is important. But realistically, a lot of us spend time on social media. It isn't the same as being around people in person, but obviously it has an impact on people. I mean, people are on this board talking about relationships and dating. Just because it's not Facebook doesn't mean you aren't also on social media.

So what if he notices? Who cares. I deleted and blocked my ex from facebook back when I had facebook. I told her why I did it, I was honest and said it was painful seeing her photos pop up every now and again. She totally understood and there was no bad feeling between us whatsoever. We handled it like adults.

And no, a forum isn't social media.

• Author
markleymassraff

You're right, a forum isn't social media. It's very different. I would still say, though, that overused and relied on heavily, is just as "immature" in a different way.

• Author
markleymassraff
So what if he notices? Who cares. I deleted and blocked my ex from facebook back when I had facebook. I told her why I did it, I was honest and said it was painful seeing her photos pop up every now and again. She totally understood and there was no bad feeling between us whatsoever. We handled it like adults.

And no, a forum isn't social media.

It's good that you guys handled it well. Sounds like you did. I have known other people to take great offense to Blocks, though, even when the person said something in advance and gave as valid a reason as you did.

• Author
markleymassraff

ME: "You're right, a forum isn't social media. It's very different. I would still say, though, that overused and relied on heavily, is just as "immature" in a different way."

Also, an addendum.

People on message boards like this one are often semi-hostile, condescending, and sarcastic. Not ALL people, but many. One doesn't get that as much on Facebook. It happens, but it's not the 50% of people default. This forum isn't somehow more mature, lacking in stupidity, or full of humanity just because it's not a social network. It's stupid in a different way. So when people on this board are like "Facebook is so stupid," it's a really ironic statement. Discussion forums on the Internet (not just picking on this one) are a whole different -- but still quite ridiculous -- animal.

I'm so sorry how you feel but I'm not sure if blocking him is the way to go. I'm not even sure if he knows that he hurt you. I would honestly ask you: Do you like him?:love::love:

thegirlinquestion

I think its immature but your situation is a bit different then mine in my relationship. you said he hurt you. thats one side though. who knows whats his.

my lady is suspicious of me as I shoot weddings. she hates a female photographer I used to work with. she doesnt sleep at night thinks im messing about with her and women at the weddings.. well of course I am :rolleyes:

she blocks me with whatsapp, with email, with calls, with facebook and I can only write to her through email.

its extremely immature imo. last fight though wasnt the same ole though. she left it open. I dont bombard her with whatsapp. slowly give her time to calm down and come to her senses. she be crazy though with her reactions.