I'm tired of being hurt

Josh1974

I'm 40. I'm single. I met this girl online and the last month was great. But now she needs time. She wants to be friends after screwing me 4 times and talking to me every single day. She feels like she made a mistake of rushing things. She always called and texted. She wanted to see me. I'm sick of this sh&t. Every single person I meet on these worthless dating sites is either damaged or insecure or unsure or going through some crap with an ex or whatever. At 40, I feel like nothing will ever happen. I give up. I'm so sick and f%cking tired of investing my emotions, gathering feelings only to have it blow up in my face. This time I thought it would turn into something. Nope. I did nothing wrong. I was kind, thoughtful, considerate and had a great time. Now this. It's stupid. Screw dating and these mental cases. Online dating is such a bucket of sh%t. I'm angry. I'm sad. I feel like an idiot. I hate everything. Whatever.

I can understand you are frustrated but when you post something like that maybe you need to understand why you are so mad. DO you think being in a relationship is going to "fix" something in your life? Maybe it is better to not care so much. It was a month. If you are going to react like that each time a relationship doesn't work out then you are in for a lot more hurt...

I would say just focus on your life, meeting new people (not necessarily girls) and just enjoy being single and not worry so much about finding the one...

Country_Girl

It's the nature of the beast my friend.

I have been really disappointed with online dating, but the ****ty experiences you speak of, I have learned the hard way as well. But these will be your red flags for the future.

1. If someone is so into you, they rush into it...it's a red flag. It sucks, because you're into them too and you don't want to play games, you just want to reciprocate interest. No, proceed with caution. Anyone wanting to rush is trying to fill the void, once you've filled the gap they are on to the next. I've been there, recently got played for a month when I thought my BS meters were on target.

2. If they say they are not ready for a relationship, ditch them immediatley. "I'm not ready for a relationship = I might be, but not with you". These people are looking for ego boosts, you are on the back burner till they find their catch.

Don't take it so hard, online dating is a superficial world. Just proceed with caution. Never follow words, only actions. People change their minds all the time, that's why words are not important. It's all about the actions.

Instead of you having to earn your way into your SO's life, how about they have to earn their way into yours instead?

• Like 1
  • Author
I can understand you are frustrated but when you post something like that maybe you need to understand why you are so mad. DO you think being in a relationship is going to "fix" something in your life? Maybe it is better to not care so much. It was a month. If you are going to react like that each time a relationship doesn't work out then you are in for a lot more hurt...

I would say just focus on your life, meeting new people (not necessarily girls) and just enjoy being single and not worry so much about finding the one...

I don't need any fixing in my life, I'm just tired of being manipulated and lied to by nutty woman. It's that simple.

• Like 1
  • Author
I can understand you are frustrated but when you post something like that maybe you need to understand why you are so mad.

I already told you, don't you read anything?